PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused 2013 Playoffs

MustangFootball
06-23-2013, 03:29 PM
:confused:DCTF Is saying we are gonna have a 4 team playoff in 3A, that's no secret but I thought that didn't go into effect until next realignment. Is that starting this year or next season?:vrycnfsd:

SHSBulldog00
06-23-2013, 04:28 PM
It will begin in the 2013 season.

Split Division will begin after the realignment.

Ville-D
06-23-2013, 04:28 PM
:confused:DCTF Is saying we are gonna have a 4 team playoff in 3A, that's no secret but I thought that didn't go into effect until next realignment. Is that starting this year or next season?:vrycnfsd:

Next realignment 3A will be split into 2 separate divisions and renamed to 4a.

Half way through this realignment they voted to take 4 teams in 3a. This change starts this year 2 biggest teams go D1 other 2 go D2.

MustangFootball
06-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the clarification guys....yeah I was aware we were splitting up next season and being named the new 4a but I though we would take 4 teams next year. So what I'm gathering division 1 is taking 4 teams next year and so is division 2.... And 3a this year is taking 4 teams.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Interesting! So I can already pretty much name the playoff teams from D32 and which divisions they will go to.

Port Isabel - D2
La Feria - D1
Rio Hondo - D2
Hidalgo - D1

Now, if Progreso performs a miracle manages to beat Hidalgo (Hidalgo is expected to take a gigantic downward spiral, fyi) then that will really put a monkey wrench into things! Here's what it would look like...

Port Isabel - D1
La Feria - D1
Rio Hondo - D2
Progreso - D2

buckeyebob
06-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Interesting! So I can already pretty much name the playoff teams from D32 and which divisions they will go to.

Port Isabel - D2
La Feria - D1
Rio Hondo - D2
Hidalgo - D1

Now, if Progreso performs a miracle manages to beat Hidalgo (Hidalgo is expected to take a gigantic downward spiral, fyi) then that will really put a monkey wrench into things! Here's what it would look like...

Port Isabel - D1
La Feria - D1
Rio Hondo - D2
Progreso - D2
Hate to break it to you but it will be ugly either way...best I can tell, talent seems to be rampant.

MustangFootball
06-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Looks like the Mustangs will be going D1 again this year, last year they went in as one of the smaller D1 schools.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Hate to break it to you but it will be ugly either way...best I can tell, talent seems to be rampant.

What are you talking about?

SintonFan_inAustin
06-23-2013, 10:40 PM

LOL!! I have a guess of what he meant but i'll let him or others say it.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-23-2013, 10:44 PM
LOL!! I have a guess of what he meant but i'll let him or others say it.

Yeah, gonna let him say it. See if he can dig himself out of this one....

SintonFan_inAustin
06-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Looks like the Mustangs will be going D1 again this year, last year they went in as one of the smaller D1 schools.Not sure what Orange Grove has coming back but should be interesting to see how Robstown and West Oso will look like this coming season after looking terrible last season. Rockport Fulton needs to get rid of that 4a schedule they have and try and stay healthy before district when it counts. Looking forward to Ingleside at Sinton to start the district. Sinton starts out as the underdog but will be going for its 6th straight district title and 3-2 against Ingleside the last 5 seasons so its been a battle between these two teams.

MustangFootball
06-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Not sure what Orange Grove has coming back but should be interesting to see how Robstown and West Oso will look like this coming season after looking terrible last season. Rockport Fulton needs to get rid of that 4a schedule they have and try and stay healthy before district when it counts. Looking forward to Ingleside at Sinton to start the district. Sinton starts out as the underdog but will be going for its 6th straight district title and 3-2 against Ingleside the last 5 seasons so its been a battle between these two teams.

Yeah if I'm not mistaken Robstown has the most returning starters, but I dour that means anything I don't see them making the playoffs....West Oso, could surprise but more than likely it will be Rockport, OG Sintons and Ingleside in whatever order to make the playoffs......the Ingleside Vs Sinton game is fast becoming the big rivalry game in district. The winner of that game is usually the district champion. A good friendly rivalry I don't think the teams hate each other more of a respect for each other.

Tejastrue
06-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Yeah, gonna let him say it. See if he can dig himself out of this one....

Whatever does that mean? It was obvious he was taking a shot at R-4 talent. It's getting old to say the least..I'll have to admit. At the same time your sig was meant to stir things up. It appears no one is biting..fortunately.

Manso/V8
06-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Whatever does that mean? It was obvious he was taking a shot at R-4 talent. It's getting old to say the least..I'll have to admit. At the same time your sig was meant to stir things up. It appears no one is biting..fortunately.

I don't think he was picking on R4......Gilmer didn't get to face an R4 team this year in the finals, but it is pretty obvious to those that know, what the outcome would have been if they had.

Even if he was picking, it may not have specifically R4, he may have been picking on the RGV, which a lot of people do. The San Antonio fans/pundits even have been known to call their playoff round against the RGV teams, "Valley Weak".........so some of the RGV fans get a bit touchy about it. This year, at least in 3AD2, the RGV team beat Navarro, so it didn't hold true. Port Isabel made it to the quarterfinals and has ALOT of their key players returning, so I would expect the Tarpons will be in at least the quarterfinals this year as well.

buckeyebob
06-24-2013, 04:56 AM

Playoffs have a very high percent of quality teams this year

Tejastrue
06-25-2013, 12:06 AM
I don't think he was picking on R4......Gilmer didn't get to face an R4 team this year in the finals, but it is pretty obvious to those that know, what the outcome would have been if they had.

Even if he was picking, it may not have specifically R4, he may have been picking on the RGV, which a lot of people do. The San Antonio fans/pundits even have been known to call their playoff round against the RGV teams, "Valley Weak".........so some of the RGV fans get a bit touchy about it. This year, at least in 3AD2, the RGV team beat Navarro, so it didn't hold true. Port Isabel made it to the quarterfinals and has ALOT of their key players returning, so I would expect the Tarpons will be in at least the quarterfinals this year as well.

All I'm saying is R-4 is R-4..we are all in this together. Still...I have not yet heard a rebuttal from buckeye. You guys were newbies last year as well. You don't understand.

buckeyebob
06-25-2013, 05:34 AM
No direspect meant...my comment was on the D1 / D2 part...my opinion is that it does not matter which way you go, both will be rough & salty...I have the most respect for R4...my last recolection was 2009, Cuero, Huntsville, Semi-Final...true Smash Mounth Football at it's best...epic battle...it is now part of Buckeye Lore...we were a Div 2 team in a D2 Battle...this year could very well be the same...D1 / D2, it don't matter.

Aesculus gilmus
06-25-2013, 07:19 AM
No direspect meant...my comment was on the D1 / D2 part...my opinion is that it does not matter which way you go, both will be rough & salty...I have the most respect for R4...my last recolection was 2009, Cuero, Huntsville, Semi-Final...true Smash Mounth Football at it's best...epic battle...it is now part of Buckeye Lore...we were a Div 2 team in a D2 Battle...this year could very well be the same...D1 / D2, it don't matter.

I agree that it doesn't matter anymore now that you have to win six games in both divisions. Until this year, I always preferred D1 because it only took five games to win state.

Actually, in 2009, we were in D1. Both Cuero and Gilmer by enrollment should have been in D2. I remember asking Mark Reeve, the Cuero head coach, who was seated in the stands near me in Lufkin scouting the Gilmer-Navasota quarterfinal game, what their enrollment was and was surprised to learn Cuero was considerably smaller even than Gilmer.

I think either team would have won state in D2 that season. So, yes, I am saying Cuero could've beaten Carthage also. Many Gilmer partisans were CRUSHED when Chapel Hill (which was expected to be the D1 team out of our district that season) missed the playoffs, not by losing their final game to Gladewater, but merely because they didn't win by enough points. The theme of the season was "Code Red" (referring to Carthage's school color) and everything was geared toward avenging the 2008 loss to Carthage in Nacogdoches in the regional final.

cougartino
06-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Yep.

2013 24-3A
D1 - Stafford and West Columbia
D2 - La Marque and Sweeney

Odd man out is Sunnyside KIPP. But in a 5 team district, a team could go 1-9 or 0-9-1 and still make the playoffs.
:ack!: