PDA

View Full Version : 6-0 Bellville vs 6-0 Navosta @ the "Snakepit"

TxHsFootball04
10-11-2003, 12:50 AM
great game coming up lets see what everyone thinks about it, be sure to get there early and bring lawn chairs just in case......

Footballfan25
10-11-2003, 12:56 AM
winner of this game could win district

sinton66
10-11-2003, 01:24 AM
I gotta go with Bellville's experience on this one. Gonna be close though.

Strike Fast
10-11-2003, 09:41 AM
It will be a battle in the http://www.navasota.k12.tx.us/navjrhigh/Images/Sports/snakepit.JPG

pn_pimp03
10-11-2003, 10:33 AM
NAVASOTA WILL TAKE THIS ONE AT THE "SNAKEPIT"
(HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE)

BrahmaMom
10-11-2003, 11:21 AM
I think the Brahmas will win, maybe not by a lot, but I think they play to the level of their competition. they are ready, after all the Snakepit hype--Go Brahmas!!

pn_pimp03
10-11-2003, 11:24 AM
should be a classic...good luck to both teams

PAINTBALL
10-11-2003, 12:18 PM
Which scool will advance in Div. 1 in this district?

sinton66
10-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Most likely Navasota.

the tigers are back
10-11-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm gonna go with :mad: bellville on this one,but only if bellville can stop the run of the rattlers:than i will take the bulls.So i guess navasota is gonna take this one.I also say this to the bulls let's hope that the weather is good,because you don't wanna play there when it's wet i promise you. wink

Footballfan25
10-11-2003, 09:00 PM
This game will turn out just like the Bellville/rice game. Last one to score wins the game. Navasota wins.

Bongo
10-11-2003, 09:43 PM
It will be a close game with a lot of scoring on both sides. It should be a fun game to watch. In close games (barring turnovers) the team with the better kicking game usually comes out on top. Since I have no way of knowing what's going to happen with turnovers, I've got to pick the Bulls on the strength of the kicking game.

Bellville 34
Navasota 28

Pudlugger
10-11-2003, 10:43 PM
This will be one of the best games this year in 3a. I think Navasota will win primarily because of the real advantage of playing at home and the fact that they have less to lose than Bellville. Bellville has much more pressure on them to win it all this season and with the recent distrractions involving their AD, I think they are ripe for an upset. :cool:

Navasota 35
Bellville 21

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

punt
10-11-2003, 10:47 PM
This should be a very close game but if the field is wet and that field can get very wet and sloppy, Bellville's passing game might win it for them. Don't know if Navasota has much of a passing game. If you Bull fans have never been to a game at the Snakepit, you just won't believe it. Visitor stands are very old, wooden bleachers and won't hold a lot of people. Better take your lawn chairs or get there really early. The bleachers aren't weak or anything, rock stands with wood seats.

Brahma73
10-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Pudlugger:
This will be one of the best games this year in 3a. I think Navasota will win primarily because of the real advantage of playing at home and the fact that they have less to loss than Bellville. Bellville has much more pressure on them to win it all this season and with the recent distrractions involving their AD, I think they are ripe for an upset. :cool:

Navasota 35
Bellville 21I actually can't find much fault with anything in your post with the exception of the "pressure" part. Really, the games between the top 3 23AAA are for temporary status and braggin' rights, and are fuel for the pollsters (and you know how I feel about polls in a system where there is a complete play-off). Navasota and Bellville will not meet in the post-season. Navasota will certainly leave the district as the D1 representative. Most likely Bellville and Sealy (educated speculation) will almost certainly represent in D2 (though Columbus might sneak up on somebody). A loss or by either Navasota or Bellville obviously has no bearing at all on either's chances of winning state, not that I'm predicting either will. The state champion doesn't have to be undefeated. It just has to win it's last game in the play-offs. Pressure to "win it all" isn't a factor Friday.
However, I DO agree that there may be more garbage for the Bulls to overcome, and this may affect the outcome of the game. In other words, neither team HAS to win. Obviously both want to win. I think it'll be tight, but somehow I still can't bet against the Bulls, though this one really worries me.

Bellville 28
Navasota 23

Good post with some good points, Pud. You could prove me wrong... :)

Pudlugger
10-12-2003, 08:21 AM
Brahma73:

Pudlugger:
This will be one of the best games this year in 3a. I think Navasota will win primarily because of the real advantage of playing at home and the fact that they have less to lose than Bellville. Bellville has much more pressure on them to win it all this season and with the recent distrractions involving their AD, I think they are ripe for an upset. :cool:

Navasota 35
Bellville 21I actually can't find much fault with anything in your post with the exception of the "pressure" part. Really, the games between the top 3 23AAA are for temporary status and braggin' rights, and are fuel for the pollsters (and you know how I feel about polls in a system where there is a complete play-off). Navasota and Bellville will not meet in the post-season. Navasota will certainly leave the district as the D1 representative. Most likely Bellville and Sealy (educated speculation) will almost certainly represent in D2 (though Columbus might sneak up on somebody). A loss or by either Navasota or Bellville obviously has no bearing at all on either's chances of winning state, not that I'm predicting either will. The state champion doesn't have to be undefeated. It just has to win it's last game in the play-offs. Pressure to "win it all" isn't a factor Friday.
However, I DO agree that there may be more garbage for the Bulls to overcome, and this may affect the outcome of the game. In other words, neither team HAS to win. Obviously both want to win. I think it'll be tight, but somehow I still can't bet against the Bulls, though this one really worries me.

Bellville 28
Navasota 23

Good post with some good points, Pud. You could prove me wrong... :) Brahma73 your point is well taken, as you pretty much described the 2001 La Grange/Bellville senario with Bellville winning district after defeating La Grange and going DI while LG went to the DII final losing to Commerce in a squeeker. I just think that the underdog, Navasota in this case, has an edge, especially at home and all. Good luck and hope for an injury free clean contest for both teams. :)

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

sinton66
10-12-2003, 08:38 AM
I think at this point, Bellville knows what they want to accomplish this season. The last two seasons have seen some pretty tough match-ups for the Brahmas and they have come away with close victories. I don't think the team will view the situation with their coach as that much of a distraction because I also don't think he did anything very serious to begin with. Besides that, he has excellent assistants. This game could come down to a field goal or less difference. Both teams need to be ready. Best of luck to both for an injury free game.

venomous tat2
10-12-2003, 12:38 PM
there are some factors to consider (1) we are at HOME (2) we will be ready (3) last year rattlers lost 21-6 in bellville but what you don,t know is navasota got to the bellville 10,6 and 4 yard line and did not score we were in a new offense & still learning it. just about that whole offense is still together especially the o-line & backfield. GET THE PICTURE NOW.bellville is good but so are we.STRIKE HARD,FIRST AND OFTEN RATTLER STYLE. YO RUDY WHATS UP!!!

venomous tat2
10-12-2003, 12:51 PM
Hey punt, just so you know we have new aluminum bleachers on the visitor's side.

Bellville22
10-12-2003, 03:41 PM
No doubt that this will be one of the most hyped games in the state, especially this early in district, as most schedules are set up w/ the big game the last week. Both of these teams are very good, but both have very different styles. Before I make any kind of prediction, I'm gonna wait until i have some kind of idea what the weather is gonna do, cause it has an effect on this field as much as any in the state. The only certain thing is it's gonna be loud and it's gonna be exciting.

I'll throw something out on tuesday or wednesday.

BrahmaMom
10-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Glad to hear the Brahma fans have newly decorated stands in the Pit--thank you! I think the Brahmas are ready for this. We certainly have the kicking, if it comes down to that. We do fine in the mud. Our offense is solid and our defense gets the job done. My only request would be to see more emotion coming from the Bulls, NOT just their fans. That has been my refrain all season, especially for our defense. I want to see, hear, and feel the intensity when we make the hit. It makes a difference in the game, and it just may make THE difference between a win and a loss in this game. Go Brahmas!

tomthall
10-12-2003, 04:48 PM
forfit districk

espn1
10-12-2003, 04:56 PM
tomthall:
forfit districkB'ville by 2td's

Bongo
10-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Brahmamom; I love it when a mom says she likes to "see, hear, and feel the intensity when we make the hit". No mamby-pamby arm tackling here!

Pudlugger
10-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Bongo:
Brahmamom; I love it when a mom says she likes to "see, hear, and feel the intensity when we make the hit". No mamby-pamby arm tackling here!Roger that Bongo! :D

keep_it_real
10-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Gotta go with Bellville, good luck Brahmas go get em!

GoForIt
10-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Navasota is very solid and will be up for this game but Bellville is simply the better team. And all this mumbo jumbo about the coach sounds like a huge bowl of sour grapes due to a 31-7 score a few years back.

<small>[ October 13, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: GoForIt ]</small>

CheerMom
10-14-2003, 08:22 AM
I haven't seen Navasota play, but I do know what a great team that Bellville has after the Rice/Bellville game. Bellville has a solid team and they have a great passing game. I will go with the Bulls to win this one by two touchdowns.

BrahmaMom
10-14-2003, 08:35 AM
I love it that we can respect each other's teams' talent and cheer all these teams on. That is the beauty of 3A Texas football, isn't it? Thanks for all the support for our Bulls, this week will be a tough one.

CheerMom
10-14-2003, 08:53 AM
BrahmaMom, you can play a lot of good teams throughout the season ,but you find very few class acts. Bellville is a class act team with class act coaches. You should be very proud. Best of luck for the rest of your season. Hope to meet up with the Bulls again in the playoffs.

cunbed10
10-14-2003, 11:56 AM
I will skip out on my beloved Bulldogs, and wacth this match-up, it should be a little more interesting then Troy vs Marlin, so Bellville 22 if you are at the game send me a shout out, I will let you know how to find me later.

BrahmaMom
10-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Thanks, CheerMom. I am proud of our team. I am really proud of Texas football in general. I have friends in other states who read 3ADL, isn't that amazing? We have met lots of great people through football. My second son graduated last year and I have a 7th grader coming up the ranks, to be followed by a younger brother yet. It is in my blood, and I guess it will be for years to come.

tomthall
10-14-2003, 05:58 PM
is this the game of the week in yall's opinion, especially with navasota being at home i think this will be an awesome game. what else is gonna be a good in the state this week?

Bellville22
10-15-2003, 02:00 PM
I'm ready to throw out my thoughts for this week. 73, I think this is going to remind you of the Rice week, only our views reversed.

Two very good teams coming into this matchup at the famous "Snakepit". Both teams sport 6-0 records, both are state ranked in every poll, and both are serious contenders for both the District 23 title, and perhaps a State title down the road. Each team brings its own style into this game, and just about everyone in the state is expecting a great game.

The Rattlers are led by the extremely talented RB, Chris Smith. This guy burst onto the scene last year as a SO. and put up very nice numbers. This year he is the focal point of the Navasota offense, and has already rushed for almost 1,000 yards. Navasota has a tremendous run game, able to throw just enough to keep defenses honest, and has simply run it down the throats of opponents. I look for them to do the same on Friday night, against a D that has been a tad vulnerable against the power run game. I don't think they want to get in a shoot out with the Bulls, I think they would prefer to sustain long drives down the field, burn a little clock, and keep the Bellville O on the bench. I look for them to try to keep it close, wear down the Bellville D, and try to take over in the 4th quarter. The D has been great this year when it comes to points allowed. They've given up a few yards, but the points have been kept in check. I don't think they've seen an offense like Bellville's yet, and I think this will definately test that group, especially the secondary.

Bellville brings a more versitile attack to the table than do the Rattlers. It is clearly their strong point, aside from the kicking game, and has allowed them to make necessary adjustments to give teams fits. The Bulls are loaded with offensive weapons, and are capable of scoring from anywhere on the field in a hurry. I look for a balanced attack friday night, I think they'll have more success running than they did against Rice, but I also think they'll still have to throw the ball to win the game. They're led by QB Jess Buenger, who's been brilliant thusfar. He's looked as comfortable as ever in the pocket and throwing the ball, and right now he and this offense have the attitude that no one can keep them from getting the ball in the endzone. They spread the ball around, and show numerous formations, very stressful for defensive coordinators and units. The defense has shown steady improvement. 3 weeks ago they were manhandled a bit by the Rice offense in the first half, but stepped up and made the plays they needed in the 2nd. As I've said, they scare me against the power run game, like they'll see this week. They will be able to focus much of their attention on Smith though, and if they can contain him at all, they should give the Bulls a chance to win. Special teams have been money for the Brahmas all year. Goeke is kicking FGs and kickoffs w/ confidence, and I look for that to continue.

Should be a great playoff-type atmosphere at the Pit Friday. Both teams will come out fired up, and both will feel like they have something to prove. It will be key for both to control their early emotions and not commit any big turnovers. I think there will be some points on the scoreboard, and I think both Ds will have problems with the other's O. Gonna come down to execution, and who hangs onto the ball.

And now for probably my BOLDEST prediction of the year.....

I think that the District title could be decided tonight. Not looking past Sealy, but right now, I think these teams could beat the Tigers, of course that could change in a hurry. I also think the MVP may be decided. I think which ever team wins it, will claim the MVP, whether it be Buenger/Goeke, Smith, or Andrus. I have a tremendous respect for the Rattlers, but I don't think they've seen a team as complete as Bellville yet. They beat Crockett and Wharton, but I don't think either of those teams were on the level of Bellville or Rice. I look for the Bulls to execute the offense, and go to the air quite a bit, which should cause problems for the Rattler D. I think the Navasota offense, behind Smith, will move the ball, but I just don't think they'll be able to put up the points to hang with the Bulls.

The Snakepit will be rockin', but the Brahmas roll...

Bellville 38
Navasota 23

Bellville22
10-15-2003, 02:01 PM
And cunbed10: I will be there Friday night. I'll decide what I'll wear tomorrow, and hopefully we can meet up, maybe Brahma73 as well. You gonna break out the throwback again?

bulldogvet85
10-15-2003, 02:06 PM
tough call but I'd say bellville

Bellville22
10-15-2003, 05:41 PM
BrahmaMom: What's it gonna be? A lot, a little, or not at all? Take a look into that crystal ball.

BrahmaMom
10-15-2003, 05:44 PM
It sounds like the Brahmas have to contain Smith in order to win. That said, I hope someone is assigned the job. When Dornon contained Sinton's Marcus Charles in the first half, we were in the game. As soon as they adjusted at half-time and didn't run Charles, we didn't adapt and the rest is history, I hope a history lesson well-learned. Our D is going to have to stop the run, hard and fast. They won't be able to contain our O, we're too versatile. And Goeke is awesome this year. We have the weapons, we have the heart, this is the team to go all the way. I won't be there due to family commitments, and it's killing me. So the rest of the Bellville crowd will have to make some noise for me. Go Brahmas!!

Bellville22
10-15-2003, 06:03 PM
BrahmaMom: PM me your cell # if you need updates.

Bull's-eye
10-15-2003, 06:12 PM
I have to agree with Bellville 22. Bellville will win if they take care of the football. The offense needs to play their game. The defence can bend, but must come up with key stops. Hopefully they can keep Navasota from controlling the clock. A big key in the game will be if they can do this without exposing their pass coverage. I remember the Bandera game and a runner name Heep. Bellville had to play tight run defence against a great runner. Go Bulls

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Hey Bulls-eye, do you have kin in Bellville, if so just say yes, dont name them.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Hey Bulls-eye, few more? You live in Sugar Land but do you come to the Bellville Games?

Bull's-eye
10-15-2003, 11:23 PM
I have friends from Bellville that live here in Sweet Land. Two years ago they took me to a Bellville play-off game and I was hooked. Last year I made most of the games with them. Sadly, one of the friends passd away this year and I been making the games alone. I sit by the man with the red mustashe. The people of Bellville are down-right friendly and I have kinda adopted the Bulls. 3a football is the best. It reminds me when Sugar Land was smaller and had one team. Now we have our own district full of teams.

Bellville22
10-16-2003, 12:50 AM
Good to have you aboard Bulls-eye. I've seen you at games, and I've definately seen the red mustache, he'll be pumped up Friday night, he's a trooper!

See you at the Pit, should be fun.

Bull's-eye
10-16-2003, 01:13 AM
Hey Bellville22, I first saw you at a baseball game. I heard you talking and figured out who you were. Do you think there will be any personel changes on defense? I've seen #50 play some line-backer. He gives Bellville more size to stop Navasota's running game. Keep up the great posts.

BrahmaMom
10-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Bellville22 check your pm. And thanks.

Bob
10-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Nothing Like It!!! Friday Night Football in Texas!!!

BrahmaMom
10-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Okay, my prediction, after seeing enough of the team Tuesday night, I say Bellville will win by a little, may even go into overtime, just to give the fans something to talk about for years.
The guys looked focused and ready. I hope the intensity starts building tomorrow and peaks to a frenzy about the third quarter. Go Brahmas! Beat Navasota, by a little or a lot!

strike hard
10-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Don't get me wrong bellville is a good team I know I have seen them play. But I believe that if Navasota runs the ball and runs some time off the clock, and mixes it up with the passing game here and there they will win the game. All I know is that with all of those different ways Navasota can come at you the bellville defense better be ready. That is one of the weak points for bellville the defense. The bulls will have a hard time stoping Smith running the ball expecially with the big boys up front to block.
The "SNAKE PIT" will be rockin so bellville get ready expecially if you have never been there to see a great game and to visit a truly unique place like no other the "SNAKE PIT"

NAVASOTA 28 bellville 10 GO RATTLERS!!!!!!

Bellville22
10-16-2003, 05:07 PM
strike hard: you make a good point about if Navasota can run the ball right at Bellville, and manage the clock, they can be effective. However, I have to disagree with you when you say that Bellville better be ready for the different ways that Navasota can come at them. Bellville is much more versitile offensively, and it is the Rattler D that will be stretched. Bellville knows it can focus on Smith. He leads the team w/ 949 yrds rushing, which is around 2/3 of the entire Rattler O I think. Martin, the QB is the next leader w/ 245. They don't throw much, aroud 450 yards for the season, and their leading reciver has only 5 catches. Bellville on the other hand, is loaded w/ offensive weapons. I view them as a pass team first. Buenger has thrown for over 900 yds already this year. They get several recivers involved, three have at least 8 catches and 150 yards, Goeke leads w/ 19 and 370. But they can also run the ball effectively, Runnels has over 800, and Bryant has 250, each brings a different style to the backfield. Should be interesting, I think both Os will do a good job exploiting the weaknesses in the opposing defenses, I just feel like Bellville has the most weapons.

BrahmaMom
10-16-2003, 09:10 PM
Just returned from the Snakepit and a 7th grade game. Let me say, it IS a pit, though nothing the Brahmas can't handle with ease. The fans will be cramped, but they have extra portapotties already in place. The parking isn't good. Our defense is ready for the Rattlers, I feel it, so don't worry about us being able to handle Smith. Our offense is going to be clicking. I feel much more confident than I did two days ago. By the time the Bulls take the field, they are going to do it with the intensity they are known for. I'll be there in spirit! Keep me posted, 22. Go Brahmas, hit hard, fast, and sure!

Strike Fast
10-16-2003, 09:21 PM
I heard that all the Bellville teams were undefeated. How did your 7th grade team do?

BrahmaMom
10-16-2003, 09:42 PM
Both 7th grade teams won. I understand Navasota didn't have an 8th grade B team, so they were playing Sealy in Bellville, don't know the outcome of either 8th grade game. Football is big in Bellville, these younger kids look good out there.

coiled2strike
10-17-2003, 09:07 AM
I believe the 7th grade A team from Navasota beat the Brahmas 26-6 and Bellville won the B game 14-0 and beat the 8th grade, too...It was a great game and the Brahmas were well represented, but the size and speed of the lil' rattlers were just too much...
Tonight should be awesome...GO RATTLERS!!!

tomthall
10-17-2003, 10:09 AM
dan willis! you can't just pick up the ball and start running- you're a center. snap it hdit

Bongo
10-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Tomthall; run out of your medications again?

KL3
10-17-2003, 02:34 PM
Alright, time for me to get my prediction on. I think Bellville has too many weapons for the Rattlers and will be able to score rather easily. I am concerned about Navasota's running game, however, I think having already faced the best rushing offense in the state (Rice), Bellville will be more prepared to contain stud RB Chris Smith.

I think Bellville comes out passing a little more than usual, about 20-25 attempts, and tries to exploit Navasota's man coverage in the secondary.

Bellville 31
Navasota 17

whosay
10-17-2003, 03:57 PM
yes it should be a good game, i watched them navasota play wharton if they control nav. running back smith they would have a chance.both are very smart playing teams

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Bellville 45 Navasota 20, I see Bellville playing there best game yet.
Go Bellville Beat Navasota!!!

BrahmaMom
10-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Sorry about the wrong info on the 7th grade A game--got my info from a cheerleader. Brahmas leading 21-7 at the half! Go, Bulls!

BrahmaMom
10-17-2003, 11:02 PM
Brahmas win easily--35-14. Way to play, Bulls!

tomthall
10-18-2003, 02:23 AM
no why?