PDA

View Full Version : KENNEDALE - EVERMAN

TuM-TuM68
09-21-2003, 02:00 PM
what are your thoughts about..this game..

<small>[ September 21, 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: TuM-TuM68 ]</small>

3afan2K3
09-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Kennadale 14
Everman 35

<small>[ September 21, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

3afan
09-21-2003, 02:56 PM
should be a great one ... Everman 31, Kennedale 24 ... but a Kennedale win would not shock me

CRHSeagle
09-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Kennedale has this one. From what I hear, the Everman defense isn't what it use to be. Especially since Haper had 100+ yards last year, Im only wondering what he'll do this year.

KTownBalla
09-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Kennedale has this in the bag easy...

To all you haters who think Kennedale cannot win....come watch them game...you will not be disappointed...

This is gonna be the game where Rex actually gets to play...should be interesting...

3afan
09-21-2003, 08:19 PM
just 'cause someone doesn't think Kennedale will win does not make them "haters" ....... geez

<small>[ September 21, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

bleedgreen
09-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Memory of what happened last year and revenge are big factors. If Kennedale plays with a lot of heart and doesn't punt more than 3 times, they have another chance. Kennedale's defense is porous but the offense is potent. Who knows, whoever has the ball last and scores may be the winner. Kennedale has a lot of mental toughness and I think Rex Harper, Chris Morris and Bryan Barrett want to go out in a blaze of glory. I'm an Everman grad but a Wildcat at heart.

Kennedale and Everman are goin' to be fightin' like cats and dogs!!!

Childress17CHS
09-21-2003, 11:02 PM
For those of you who are sayin Everman is gonna win this one i want to know why. Everman is not the same team they were last year. They lost there entire starting backfield. Kennedale lost Tomlinson, Johnson, and Dowdy but there main stud is still there, Rex Harper. He tore up a strong Everman defense last year and he'll annialate the weaker Everman defense this year.
Kennedale 40
Everman 14

jason
09-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Childress17CHS:
For those of you who are sayin Everman is gonna win this one i want to know why. Everman is not the same team they were last year. They lost there entire starting backfield. Kennedale lost Tomlinson, Johnson, and Dowdy but there main stud is still there, Rex Harper. He tore up a strong Everman defense last year and he'll annialate the weaker Everman defense this year.
Kennedale 40
Everman 1440-14?? in ur dreams

Childress17CHS
09-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Im sorry i meant to put:
Kennedale-40
Everman-24

jason
09-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Childress17CHS:
Im sorry i meant to put:
Kennedale-40
Everman-24E 35
K 00

Childress17CHS
09-21-2003, 11:23 PM
What makes you think that they will shut them out like that??

jason
09-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Childress17CHS:
What makes you think that they will shut them out like that??just a hunch

Childress17CHS
09-21-2003, 11:25 PM
A hunch? Well my hunch is Rex Harper is gonna run all over Evermans defense and there aint nobody Everman has that can stop him.

jason
09-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Childress17CHS:
A hunch? Well my hunch is Rex Harper is gonna run all over Evermans defense and there aint nobody Everman has that can stop him.not gonna happen

Childress17CHS
09-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Then who is gonna stop him??

jason
09-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Childress17CHS:
Then who is gonna stop him??super secret

Everman01Grad.
09-22-2003, 12:01 AM
These are some really good post i started jumping up and down like if i was in the bulldog tunnel gettin ready for the game!!! Na but check this out...Every team starts out slow. Everman is just another team like everyone else. Yes they can be beaten but has anyone noticed they always rise to big occasions. Kennedale is good yes of course and Rex is amazing however...this is in everman now and there will be no kennedale refs thats for one...two revenge is important...three kennedale can put 70 on us but if we put up 71 its going to be cause the wildcats have no defense they never have...will they prove me wrong maybe cause they to will rise to the occasion of course but i have seen there last couple of scores who wasnt scoreing on them almost every play? Can they stop the everman offense...No because there no Ike that's for sure and we havent played anyone who has so good luck to both teams and hope to meet some of u three a guys out at the game.

Everman01Grad.
09-22-2003, 12:10 AM
Oh yeah Everman hasn't lost at home in four years.....Rex cant do it by himself He sure didnt last year Goodluck to both teams

KKB
09-22-2003, 06:59 AM
I think Everman has the athletic advantage but, the "wing-T" is a great equalizing offense. Coach Barrett is a master at scheming, and his DC, believe it or not, is not too shabby either. I know that the defense has given up many points but last year in this game the "D" stepped up and made some big plays and I think they'll do it again. Obviously I'm picking Kennedale. It will be a shoot out and if either defense can make a stop that may be the difference in the game.

Matthew328
09-22-2003, 07:45 AM
This is gonna be a shoot out...but lemme say this everyone who thinks Kennedale is gonna roll..you have got to be kidding...Everman hasn't lost a home game in 4 years and if you think the sting of last year's loss isn't there..you are wrong...it'll be a great game...but no one is winnin this thing by more than a TD

Eradicator
09-22-2003, 09:14 AM
jason:

Childress17CHS:
Then who is gonna stop him??super secretFor some one who has so much to say, you’re really not supporting your argument. Obviously, you gained respect for Everman’s defense when they shut Forney down and wouldn’t let them past the 50 in the second half last year. You would respect Kennedale’s offense when they run up 40+ on the Rabbits. (Too bad it won't happen this year.) Last year, Everman’s defense swarmed and personally, I have not seen that, yet. Playing in Everman is tough, but this is not the same Everman team of last year, as for the same of Kennedale. I agree that this will be a shoot out. Mental toughness will be a big factor in this game. Both teams are pretty even on ability, Everman has some studs up front. This game will be won or lost in the trenches and the winner will be the one who wants it the most.

Matthew328
09-22-2003, 09:18 AM
The key for Everman is if their LB's and DB's can make plays..last year against Kennedale their fron 4 did a great job..but no one outside of the front 4 is making plays...the same problem is presenting itself again this year...last year Everman made changes after the Kennedale game....hopefully a couple of bad defensive performances will present the same kind of changes as last year....unfortunatley I don't know if Everman has the personel to make the changes this year.....

vet93
09-22-2003, 09:44 AM
Everman takes this game by 7 to 14 points. Here is why. 1) Everman has played a more talented schedule up to this point so they are battle tested. 2) Kennedale has given up too many points against relativley weak teams...Everman is not a weak team offensively...you do the math. 3) Everman took last years game lightly they will not do the same this year. 4) The game is in Everman and they have a tremendous home winning streak. The above prediction is predicated on the fact that Kennedale comes to play and gives their best effort. If Kennedale does not show up to play, I think that score could be a rout.

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Just a hunch, but I'm thinking Kennedale will pull this one out.

K-35
E-27

this is the way we ball
09-22-2003, 11:37 AM
Come on Matthew328 you can't sit on the fence in this one. On your Region 1 picks you took Kennedale? I'm guessing you think that if you pick Kennedale and they win then you were a genius. If you pick Kennedale and they lose, then hey, so what, Everman won!

Don't be that white spot on top of chicken poop. You got EVERMAN! :cool:

TuM-TuM68
09-22-2003, 08:28 PM
K 45
E 28

<small>[ September 23, 2003, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: TuM-TuM68 ]</small>

KTownBalla
09-22-2003, 11:34 PM
Kennedale is gonna win this one...

Rex will have a huge game...a huge game...

Why do people think Rex is the only superstar on the team....our backs are all great. Morris is awesome on both sides of the ball. Bostice has great hands, and Barrett has a strong and pretty accurate arm. So we have more than one person to watch out for, although u can't catch rex newazs so it doesn't matter.

Kennedale - 49
Everman - 35

Matthew328
09-23-2003, 06:59 AM
I'm not sittin on the fence...I am takin Kennedale....Everman's D has really disappointed me thus far...I dunno if we can stop anyone at this point....

aamove
09-23-2003, 08:22 AM
I'll take Everman in a tight game. They'll be out for revenge and with the home field I think that they'll be too much for Kennedale. Plus Kennedale hasn't had an off game yet and I think time is up for this.
Everman 31
Kennedale 28

Kennedale Wildcats
09-23-2003, 10:03 AM
What a great game! I heard that over 10,000 people are expected to be at the game. Is Everman's stadium big enough to hold that many people or do I need to bring a lawn chair.

As much as I want my Wildcats to win, I don't think they are ready. Everman's defensive line is going to blast Kennedale's offensive line. They won't come off the ball! Harper is only as good as his line lets him be and I don't see him having the game everyone thinks. He is too small! He is fast not strong. I won't even comment on how bad our defense is because I'm not sure if we have one.

Everman 55
Kennedale 14

KKB
09-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Kennedale Wildcats:
What a great game! I heard that over 10,000 people are expected to be at the game. Is Everman's stadium big enough to hold that many people or do I need to bring a lawn chair.

As much as I want my Wildcats to win, I don't think they are ready. Everman's defensive line is going to blast Kennedale's offensive line. They won't come off the ball! Harper is only as good as his line lets him be and I don't see him having the game everyone thinks. He is too small! He is fast not strong. I won't even comment on how bad our defense is because I'm not sure if we have one.

Everman 55
Kennedale 14

KKB
09-23-2003, 10:22 AM
Kennedale Wildcat,
I'll agree with you on the fact that the "O" line play is important. I disagree with you on the fact that Rex is just fast and not strong. Anyone who weighs 160 something and deadlifts over 500lbs has to be considered strong. Besides, hasn't he done fairly well in powerlifting the last two years? In addition, let's not forget that there are 22 players on the field and everyone who plays a down could make or, unfortunately, not make the play that decides this one.

Matthew328
09-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Kennedale Wildcats:

Everman 55
Kennedale 14Can someone say shock value?? 55-14? LOL 10,000 I dunno about that....Everman has a pretty big stadium though...prolly holds about 8000 or so...

everman_guy
09-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Well Everman's stadium holds about 8000 as Matt said, but we do have A LOT of standing room where you can see the game well. We had well over 10000 in the place at the Eastern Hills game. Just get there early if you want a seat in the stands. Try to avoid the east parking lot, as it will take you forever to get out.

KTownBalla
09-23-2003, 08:27 PM
how can u say our O line is weak???

They may be undersized...but that doesn't make them weak...they are fast, and have great technique...they'll be ready for the game. Just make sure everman is ready to run some sprints once rex or chris touch the ball.

Our defense isn't as bad as some people think it is...against Crandall, count the number of yards after the first hit, it's extremely high. Against Dallas Smith we made tackles, and wrapped up real nicely. I also disagree wit the whole rex bein fast but weak, how many 160 pounds guys can stiff arm everman defenders from last year, and tons and tons of guys from this year.

Everman 55 and Kennedale 14 is completely outrageous...you think they can hold one of the best offensive teams in the state to a mere 14 points...right...

If kennedale does lose, which they won't, it's gonna be a close high scoring affair in the 40's.

Kennedale - 49
Everman - 35

Everman01Grad.
09-23-2003, 11:34 PM
Ktown nice prediction, however last year was lastyear and of course we know what happen to ur team and what happen to ours so....Lastyears game was a thriller for me. Everman has had two really bad defensive games but we have had our loss for the year. In the regular season and that was agaist a team that had a running back that was going to OU. Nationally ranked and everman held them to 24 points when they were killing everyone else plus everman had 2 or 3 tds brought back so...Anyways i do think just like lastyear the coaches will make some changes on d like after the loss to u guys lastyear. Are u going to be at the game? Would u be interested in meeting up at the game let me know just pm me. Go bulldogs

KTownBalla
09-24-2003, 07:15 AM
Of course we all know about Kennedale's extremely early exit, that was just a fluke. I understand our team this year does not have as much talent as we did last year, but we are still just as athletic as last year.

Coach Barrett has them prepared. They will be ready for this game.

I hate to say this, but i believe everyone on our team is much more humble this year, as probably Everman was last year when they lost to us. I can promise you that it will be a very good game, a game played wit lotsa heart, and determination.

Kennedale - 49
Everman - 35

Matthew328
09-24-2003, 08:40 AM
If I was rooting for Kennedale the only thing I'd be worried about is the level of competition they have played thus far...Crandall was OK...but then look at South Hills and Dallas Smith....2 bad teams....Everman played one great team in Lawton Ike...an Eastern Hills team that isn't that bad at 3-1...and then Crowley who is 0-3...but prolly would have beaten at least 2 of the teams Kennedale has faced...and heck Crowley may have been able to beat Crandall...just a thought I'm not knocking Kennedale but like I said if I was a Kennedale fan I'd be worried about that....

Mad Dawg 20/20
09-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Ktownballa, of course Coach Barrett has the Kennidale players ready for this game, just like our great coaching staff has our Bulldogs ready for this game. This is what having a rivalry is all about, and its what you think about all summer.
Lets all just be ready for the roller coaster ride we call "Friday night football"

Bleeding Purple & Gold
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

CatsDen
09-24-2003, 01:21 PM
A little off topic...A Maceo was absolutely horrbile, but their band was great! You have to give them something to hang their hats on.

KTownBalla
09-24-2003, 03:13 PM
yeah the band was really tite...

Come out to the game though, it'll be a fight like cats and dogs. I think the game is goin to be won or lost in the 4th quarter. There will be big plays from both teams, it's just a matter of who can keep there heads up or outta da butt hole and get back in da game...

Kennedale - 49
Everman - 35

BiG GrEen
09-24-2003, 07:53 PM
kennedale-47
everman-35

cubs
09-24-2003, 08:41 PM
Well, Matthew - I'm gonna have to take your Bulldogs on this one. Why? Childress asks - because I have seen them play - they can and will rise to the occasion, I think - but I'm thinking it will be close.

Ladykat5
09-25-2003, 09:17 AM
I know this is an old post and everything but the big game is tomorrow and all this talk is gettin me worked up. I still stand firm to the "les talk more practice" so I wont state my predictions but everyone should all ready know I hope its Kennedale. But like others said Rex isnt the only one that is going to win it for us. It is going to take everyones last bit of effort. There is no I in TEAM. I want to encourage everyone to be there tomorrow though. Its going to be a great game. You'll be missing out if you dont show up. Good luck to both teams and God bless.

3afan
09-25-2003, 09:32 AM
IMHO this is actually a bigger game than burnet-marlin ... a MUCH bigger game. same with forney-crandall. why? easy, these are district games and will most likely determine district champions & playoff seedings.

Matthew328
09-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Everman-Kennedale isn't really for playoff seeding...it's pretty much already a given...Everman D1 and Kennedale likley is the top D2 seed...this one is more about pride and bragging rights...

KTownBalla
09-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Today is the day...

This game does determine playoff seedings, and district champs, cause after this game...both teams are left to play Castleberry, Glen Rose, DH-Jarvis, and such, which will most likely be wins.

I also believe this is a bigger game than the forney-crandall and the burnet-marlin put together. After 1 year, this has turned into a heated rivalry just 2 exit down the highway.

Kennedale - 49
Everman - 35

Ladykat5
09-26-2003, 09:11 AM
Oh no its GAME DAY!!! I counldnt be anymore excited and I can just sense the anticipation floating around Kennedale. Our freshman won and JV lost last night. It was all in all a great night though. Watch out Everman. Here we come...GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE...God bless.

Kennedale Wildcats
09-26-2003, 09:17 AM
I like to see all of the Kennedale Wildcat fans on this board but.......I am really concerned about what is being taught at KHS. Everyone that has posted from Kennedale sounds like a bunch of idiots. I can understand a typo every now and then, but come on. Get off the Down Low, learn some grammar, and get yourself ready to play tonight.

I hear it's going to be packed tonight. If anybody wonders where I'll be, I will be at the top on the 50 yard line with my "Beat Everman" t-shirt on.

Good luck boys! The entire town is pulling for you!

CatsDen
09-26-2003, 09:33 AM
This game was circled as soon as the schedule rolled off the printer! Huge game with tremendous implications down the road!

<small>[ September 26, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: CatsDen ]</small>

Eradicator
09-26-2003, 12:07 PM
Kennedale Wildcats:
I like to see all of the Kennedale Wildcat fans on this board but.......I am really concerned about what is being taught at KHS. Everyone that has posted from Kennedale sounds like a bunch of idiots. I can understand a typo every now and then, but come on. Get off the Down Low, learn some grammar, and get yourself ready to play tonight.

I hear it's going to be packed tonight. If anybody wonders where I'll be, I will be at the top on the 50 yard line with my "Beat Everman" t-shirt on.

Good luck boys! The entire town is pulling for you!I agree KW, I bet half the Kennedale posters are more worried about thier post, and not thier grades. Leern howe to speek, rite, and spel! Befour u fale.

CatsDen
09-26-2003, 12:14 PM
"I agree KW, I bet half the Kennedale posters are more worried about thier post, and not thier grades. Leern howe to speek, rite, and spel! Befour u fale."

Would you like for me to point out the errors with your spelling or grammar? "I" should be "I would" or even "I'd", "half" should be followed by "of", "thier" is actually spelled "their", "and not" should be "rather than"....I guess you didn't quite make the Dean's List!

3afan
09-26-2003, 01:20 PM
KTownBalla:
Today is the day...

This game does determine playoff seedings, and district champs, cause after this game...both teams are left to play Castleberry, Glen Rose, DH-Jarvis, and such, which will most likely be wins.

I also believe this is a bigger game than the forney-crandall and the burnet-marlin put together. After 1 year, this has turned into a heated rivalry just 2 exit down the highway.

Kennedale - 49
Everman - 35cant say its bigger than crandall-forney ... all 4 teams have the same thing on the line (winner wins district, loser 2nd) , plus the crandall-forney rivalry is 50 yrs old

<small>[ September 26, 2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

BiG GrEen
09-26-2003, 03:12 PM
but it will be a big one...

4 hrs till kick off...
GL!!

BootLegNumber5
09-26-2003, 03:57 PM
I'm taking Kennedale on this one. I may be bias, but there is no ounce of me that doesn't believe that kennedale can pull this one out. I think everman will rise up to us though.

Kennedale-40
Everman-27

KennedaleWildcat
09-26-2003, 04:14 PM
Well I think the score is gonna be
35 Kennedale
28 Everman
IM guessing on who i think will score

Rex will score 3 td
Weldon 1 td
C. Morris 2 td's
Nelson will kick a fieldgoal for 3 pts

-------------------------------
DAMAGE RAAAARRRR!!!!

KennedaleWildcat
09-26-2003, 04:20 PM
Most of the players do make good grades but i know a few that don't. I see a few sleep in english anyway...They need to keep up their grades b/c they are pushing the envelope. (there are players doing this at every school im sure of that though)

3afan
09-26-2003, 04:26 PM
i'm picking Everman & here's why:
(1) tougher schedule
..Kennedale
.....Crandall (2-2, wins over 1-2 Royse City & 1-2 Van Vleck) W 51-44
.....FW South Hills (2-2, wins over 0-3 FWCR & 0-3 Madison) W 58-22
.....Dallas Smith (2-1, wins over 0-3 Madison & 0-3 Pinkston) W 48-0
..Everman
.....FW Eastern Hills (3-1, wins over Cleburne, Crowley & Hillcrest) W 34-0
.....at Lawton Eisnhower (4-0) L 7-24
.....at Crowley (0-3) W 41-26
(2) revenge
(3) @ home

<small>[ September 26, 2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

everman_guy
09-26-2003, 04:40 PM
KennedaleWildcat did you sleep in math? 6 td's plus a field goal is more less 48 points. I gaurentee Kennedale will score more than 24 points. If they do I will come on here and say I was wrong. It won't be as much of a shootout as some people think.

SWTdawg
09-26-2003, 04:48 PM
this is a little different than last year, don't recall people from everman on the board very often???