now Lexington is out...still need one team

Matthew328
06-17-2013, 01:57 PM
now Lexington is out...still need one team

Looks like the tournament is back full...Luling is in

Matthew328
06-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Here's the pools

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1260&tid=165015372&mid=165015372&sid=984&style=2

Tejastrue
06-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Looks like the tournament is back full...Luling is in

Good to hear. Thanks for the updates.

Tejastrue
06-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Seeing how Sealy will be coming to town, a question comes to mind. Can you go for two in 7on7? Just curious....:D

BEAST
06-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Seeing how Sealy will be coming to town, a question comes to mind. Can you go for two in 7on7? Just curious....:D

yes

BEAST

tigerball4life
06-18-2013, 01:49 PM

Absolutely, go for the win.

I bet our new coach wouldn’t line up 7 yards deep to get 1 yard

I can’t wait for the fine folks in Wimberley to see the new look Tigers with discipline.

Gone Fishing
06-19-2013, 08:21 AM

LOL, Yes you can!!!

Tejastrue
06-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Thought I might get a few more bites on this one GF...it's still a bit early in the year though. ;)

ogg
06-20-2013, 05:07 PM

They'll go for it if the situation occurs again. No doubt. LOL

lbjacj
06-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Texans looking good today!
FridayNight Fanstand‏
Wimberley headed to #WSQT semifinals, beating Navarro* 46-23 to improve to 3-0 on the day

lv2937
06-22-2013, 01:32 PM
In the made falls 7 on 7 today, burnet lost to marble falls by 3.beat bastrop by 2 TDs. Lost to Bhutto by 3.

Matthew328
06-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Wimberley and Salado qualify

lbjacj
06-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Texans looked really good and the icing on the cake is the Texans beat Sealy to advance! Salado looked very impressive as well and Geronimo wasn't bad either. Can't wait for the season to get here! One of my grandsons has moved here and will be a junior this year and hopes to make the team!

Tejastrue
06-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Doing a little recruiting there lbjacj? lol.. Great to hear. Was out of town today and did not make it by there. Did Wimberley and Salado play a final game?

lbjacj
06-22-2013, 08:07 PM
No they both advance. I'm glad they didn't have Salado in their pool because they looked really good! Beat a good Somerset team easily.

Tejastrue
06-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Little surprising about Salado. Wonder if Somerset had all of their top players since they had already qualified earlier.

Yoe_09
06-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Salado has some pretty good talent coming up. I believe their JV finished 2nd in the district last year behind Cameron Yoe. I'm looking forward to seeing them at state.

Tejastrue
06-22-2013, 10:26 PM
My thoughts were they've been down a few years now and really struggled last year. Hope this is a positive sign for their program.

Yoe_09
06-22-2013, 11:27 PM
My thoughts were they've been down a few years now and really struggled last year. Hope this is a positive sign for their program.

Yeah. They haven't made the playoffs in a while. They managed to pick up a couple of district wins last year, but overall, they were down from were they had been.

snaxet
06-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Yeah. They haven't made the playoffs in a while. They managed to pick up a couple of district wins last year, but overall, they were down from were they had been.

I had the opportunity to visit with Salado parent. Several of their better athletes chose to go strictly baseball. With new coach they are coming back out for football. How effective they will be will depend on how well they can adjust to pads and laying out for a couple of years. But it appears that Salado will be much stronger with the return of these kids as they do know how to win as evidenced by the fact that they made it to the state tournament in baseball. And yes they did look good. Woud have been a very good game between Wimberley and Salado. Wimberley looked very talented. Quick and very sure handed receivers. Cerday looked very strong at QB with good reads, accurate throws and strong arm on deep passes. Thought we might have more of a running attack this year but after today we should be a lot more balanced than expected. Of course who knows, everything changes when touch football is replaced with hard nosed smashmouth football.

Tejastrue
06-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Good to hear from you snaxet...seems it's been a while. I really like Cerday at QB..if someone beats him out ..they must really be special.

Cam
06-23-2013, 01:11 AM
shouldn't you be in bed Tejastrue??.....

Tejastrue
06-23-2013, 01:19 AM
FYI Cam...My wife has given me Saturday nights/Sundays mornings off.. for testosterone regeneration. Stop trying to mess up a good thing I got goin here...:flaming:

Cam
06-23-2013, 01:27 AM
FYI Cam...My wife has given me Saturday nights/Sundays mornings off.. for testosterone regeneration. Stop trying to mess up a good thing I got goin here...:flaming:

:2thumbsup.......well shoot guess I better hit the sack....I've been tryin' to find out how Burnet did today on 7 on 7 SQ in Marble Falls. There were 15 teams there with Burnet being the only 3A rep. All others were 4A & 5A. Some big time teams were there. Cedar Park, Hendrickson, Lake Travis, Hutto, Round Rock Westwood, Georgetown, etc. I'll go out on a limb and say Burnet pissed some big schools off today!....

Tejastrue
06-23-2013, 01:42 AM
It's late and all I can say is I heard Burnet lost twice but gave then hell..that is all...goodnight..

Gone Fishing
06-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Thought I might get a few more bites on this one GF...it's still a bit early in the year though. ;)

In the semi final against Sealy, they scored and got within 2 with only a few minutes left in the game... yes they went for two and NO they didn't get it...LOL. Then WT scored again to put it away. Also I was disappointed in the dirty play and trash mouthing that Sealy showed. Its obvious the new coach hasn't had time to straighten all that out yet.

snaxet
06-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Good to hear from you snaxet...seems it's been a while. I really like Cerday at QB..if someone beats him out ..they must really be special.

Thanks, Tejastrue, I am excited about the upcoming season. Coach Warren has put together what appears to be a really good set of coaches. It was good to see Coach Ellis back in Wimberley, and I also had the opportunity to meet the quarterback coach from Brenham. Yes, Cerday will be hard to beat out, and quite frankly, I don't see that happening.

Yoe_09
06-23-2013, 01:41 PM
I had the opportunity to visit with Salado parent. Several of their better athletes chose to go strictly baseball. With new coach they are coming back out for football. How effective they will be will depend on how well they can adjust to pads and laying out for a couple of years. But it appears that Salado will be much stronger with the return of these kids as they do know how to win as evidenced by the fact that they made it to the state tournament in baseball. And yes they did look good. Woud have been a very good game between Wimberley and Salado. Wimberley looked very talented. Quick and very sure handed receivers. Cerday looked very strong at QB with good reads, accurate throws and strong arm on deep passes. Thought we might have more of a running attack this year but after today we should be a lot more balanced than expected. Of course who knows, everything changes when touch football is replaced with hard nosed smashmouth football.

Yeah. I had heard from another parent that he had hoped some of the kids that were on the baseball team would have played football. There may be more baseball talent, but they should still have the kids to compete for a playoff spot on a consistent basis in football, even though they are in the deepest and toughest 2a district in the state.

stxtiger
06-23-2013, 04:56 PM
In the semi final against Sealy, they scored and got within 2 with only a few minutes left in the game... yes they went for two and NO they didn't get it...LOL. Then WT scored again to put it away. Also I was disappointed in the dirty play and trash mouthing that Sealy showed. Its obvious the new coach hasn't had time to straighten all that out yet.

LOL! And Wimberley kids were all saints. Let's not get into how the kids acted with the Texans constantly bitching at the refs and mouthing off to anyone within earshot.

Tejastrue
06-23-2013, 05:20 PM
:1popcorn:..I wasn't there but don't know why the Texans would be complaining to the refs. We always have them in our back pocket at home...so they say..7on7 or not. ;)

ogg
06-25-2013, 11:50 PM
Cerday throws a ball the looks effortless, very smooth and controlled. Receivers looked good as did the defense. Makes me want August to roll around even quicker than before.

Nice when a team doesn’t have to play ironman football, even when it’s 7 on 7.

Gone Fishing
06-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Wimberley's 7 on 7 team this year looks better than last years 7 on 7 team. Not real sure why a couple of these Sr receivers were on the bench last year.... I was very impressed with the 3 Jrs and 2 Sr receivers. DB play was good too. Cereday could always throw the ball well. Put the pads on and lets see how it goes. Throw in an above average OL and DL and the Texans might be a top 10 team.

ogg
06-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Wimberley's 7 on 7 team this year looks better than last years 7 on 7 team. Not real sure why a couple of these Sr receivers were on the bench last year.... I was very impressed with the 3 Jrs and 2 Sr receivers. DB play was good too. Cereday could always throw the ball well. Put the pads on and lets see how it goes. Throw in an above average OL and DL and the Texans might be a top 10 team.

I'll be surprised if they don't win district, looks like a rebuilding year in 27-3A.

Tejastrue
06-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Okay..how many years does 27- 3A need to rebuild?

ogg
06-29-2013, 01:55 AM
Okay..how many years does 27- 3A need to rebuild?

Referring to my post?
Years? No I said rebuilding YEAR, that’s singular, so one. Navarro, Canyon Lake, Boerne graduated many of their starters. This is not to say they won’t have good teams.

Gone Fishing
06-29-2013, 11:00 AM
I think D-27 will be more competitive this year than in the last 4 years. It has been WT only going undefeated in district for 4 straight years! with Navarro hanging around and then a drop off. Last year WT had to beat Navarro late and Boerne late to win district. I think it may be more exiting this year with Navarro, Boerne and an improved Fred team. I believe Wimberley might be a little better than last year, but so will the other teams. Hell I think Bandera is going to be improved too.

rb585
06-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Navarro won't be as good this season.

Boerne had that soph QB last year.

One of these years Fredericksburg has to be good, don't they?

Gone Fishing
06-29-2013, 03:54 PM

Navarro might be better than you think this year. They continue to get move ins and have a good coach. Boerne has a great QB

ogg
06-29-2013, 05:59 PM

Every year I think Fredericksburg will be a district contender. I read somewhere the Boerne QB was injured, was that wrong?

ogg
06-29-2013, 06:02 PM
I think D-27 will be more competitive this year than in the last 4 years. It has been WT only going undefeated in district for 4 straight years! with Navarro hanging around and then a drop off. Last year WT had to beat Navarro late and Boerne late to win district. I think it may be more exiting this year with Navarro, Boerne and an improved Fred team. I believe Wimberley might be a little better than last year, but so will the other teams. Hell I think Bandera is going to be improved too.

Agree, Bandera should be improved this year.

bulldog82
06-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Every year I think Fredericksburg will be a district contender. I read somewhere the Boerne QB was injured, was that wrong?

He was at the CC SQT last weekend and he had his arm in a sling similar to that of after a rotator cuff surgery but I don't know if he had surgery or not but was in a sling. We are going to Boerne for a warm up game on the 9th.

Gone Fishing
06-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Glad to hear from you BD. I believe things are getting better over there in Bandera? Ya'll deserve it big time. I heard the QB at Boerne would be ready for season, but don't know that for sure. I think his dad is coach and the kid has D1 potential, so I'm sure all areas are taken care of. Can Bandera have a chance to surprise? I really believe D-27 can be interesting this year because for the first time in 4 or 5 years Wimberley is questionable. Just saying, but of course I think we will win District. LOL

bulldog82
06-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Glad to hear from you BD. I believe things are getting better over there in Bandera? Ya'll deserve it big time. I heard the QB at Boerne would be ready for season, but don't know that for sure. I think his dad is coach and the kid has D1 potential, so I'm sure all areas are taken care of. Can Bandera have a chance to surprise? I really believe D-27 can be interesting this year because for the first time in 4 or 5 years Wimberley is questionable. Just saying, but of course I think we will win District. LOL

New coach is really getting boys fired up. Changing whole offense, group of boys will all be back together, jv Qb stepping up as a junior and a few move in's never hurts. Plus, not sure how effective they will be , but some kids that have not played in past but decent athletes have joined forces. Still no depth but if they stat healthy maybe can make some noise and take a shot at the title.

Tejastrue
06-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Referring to my post?
Years? No I said rebuilding YEAR, that’s singular, so one. Navarro, Canyon Lake, Boerne graduated many of their starters. This is not to say they won’t have good teams.

My thoughts were several teams have been rebuilding for years it seems.. I think most of us feel the same about Fredericksburg. Hopefully the coaching change at Bandera will be the spark they need to turn it around. I agree that the district race will probably be the closest it has been in a while.