PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's day Dads

bobcat1
06-16-2013, 10:26 AM
I hope all of you remember your Dads today and share it with them if they are still here. Mine isn't but Happy Father's Day Dad!

hookandladder
06-16-2013, 01:02 PM
My Dad has also passed but I know this Fathers Day is really special for him because he was with my son at the Dish winning at State Championship in baseball, what else could a Dad ask for that could be any more special. Special memories that last forever, a Great Day.

regaleagle
06-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Father's Day is a great time of the year when it happens each June....right before the July 4th break and in the middle of the year. The kids are out for the summer, it's not quite dead-hot yet, and a good time for reflection of all that this life in these flesh bodies has to offer....regardless of your age. I hope everyone reading this will find some joy this weekend in the realization that your time is NOW under the sun.

Tejastrue
06-16-2013, 01:43 PM
My father left when i was an infant. Met him for the 1st time when I turned 30 yrs old. He was in poor health and died a few years later. To this day the lack of that special father son relationship weighs heavy on my heart. Not sure why I share this other than to say, if you are fortunate enough to have this bond, enjoy it to fullest.

Speaking of Father's Day...I'll be firing up the grill shortly to barbecue some huge Fred Flintstone brontosaurus ribs..yummm yummmm I don't think I'll be sharing. lol

regaleagle
06-16-2013, 02:10 PM
My son will be firing the grill in the next hour with some 1"1/2 T-Bones and skewered veggies for Father's Day. We are eating healthy with no sugars or carbs nowadays....just proteins, fruits, and vegetables. Of course, my 24 y.o. son doesn't completely adhere to the non-sugar, non-carb diet like I do....and he shouldn't. But overall, I'd say his main eating habits are substantially better than mine were at his age. He is a picture of health, and should be at his age.