PDA

View Full Version : Sideline to Sideline BBQ Tour

Matthew328
06-14-2013, 09:24 AM
If you didnt see it on the other thread looks like Grant and I have set the BBQ tour date for July 19...

Should be a lot of fun heading through Central Texas eating some BBQ.....I hope my diet doesn't get jacked up too much!!

I know we are going to Snow's Sat. morning but the question is where will we stay on Friday night and where will dinner be?? I was thinking staying in Temple and eating dinner at Miller's Smokehouse in Belton...anyone ever eaten there?

Grant what do you think?? Looks like about an hour drive from Temple to Lexington...

After that what's the schedule looking like??

Yoe_09
06-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Looks like you boys are going to be headed down to my neck of the woods. Only being 30 min from Lexington, I have never been to Snow's, sadly enough.

In terms of Temple/Belton, I would recommend Miller's....that place is high on a lot of peoples list. You could not go wrong heading to Schoepf's in Belton as well. DO NOT go to Clem Mikeskas in either Temple/Belton/Cameron.

Matthew328
06-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Been to Mikeska's once and I was highly underwhelmed

Friday: Miller's, Belton
Sat: Snow's Lexington, then lunch at Kruez Market, Lockhart, dinner City Market, Luling
Sunday morning we are going to Franklin's in Austin..hoping MAYBE the lines won't be as long on a Sunday

Scoop27
06-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Need to add Smitty's in Lockhart instead of Kreuz

Matthew328
06-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Need to add Smitty's in Lockhart instead of Kreuz

Pretty sure everyone on our trip has been to Smitty's at least once....it is fantastic

I have had Kruez sausage but it was at the Lockhart Smokehouse in Dallas

Scoop27
06-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Mustang Creek in Louise off Hwy 59 about 10 miles past El Campo has pretty good BBQ

Scoop27
06-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Don't forgot New Zion Missionary Baptist Church in Huntsville
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYGRdZGGIeg

Matthew328
06-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Church BBQ in Huntsville has really gone downhill...went there a couple of yrs back

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-15-2013, 12:13 AM
Church BBQ in Huntsville has really gone downhill...went there a couple of yrs back

I can confirm this. My nephew went to Sam Houston. I drove up and took him there. Last time I had been there was around 2003 or so and it was great! This time? It sucked. Bad service. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Weebe
06-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Mustang Creek in Louise off Hwy 59 about 10 miles past El Campo has pretty good BBQ

Best ribs I've had. And I've been to Snows, Luling and all of the Lockhart joints.