PDA

View Full Version : Bellville at Navasota

punt
09-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Whats the date of this game? Since the Rattlers and Bulls both beat Elgin pretty bad this really sets this up to be a super game. Bellville won by the largest margin but the game is in the pit so thats worth 2 td's. If you haven't been to the pit be ready for a throwback to the '50's on the visitor side, and it wont hold 1/2 the Bull fans,take you lawn chairs. Just hope neither team gets any injuries so they can both go deep in the playoffs.

landries
09-27-2003, 04:16 PM
i think i am probly an expert on this game because i used to play for the bellville white rattlers baseball team in the league. i was so good that i got to wear a helmet when i batted and when i went out into the field coach M said. so if you wanna ask questions, fire away, but please don't use no big werds. na na na na na na
-to my boys on the white rattlers.

landries
09-27-2003, 04:31 PM
don't taunt me

BrahmaFan35
09-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Hey Bellville plays Navasota on October 17.

Brahma73
09-27-2003, 07:04 PM
punt:
Whats the date of this game? Since the Rattlers and Bulls both beat Elgin pretty bad this really sets this up to be a super game. Bellville won by the largest margin but the game is in the pit so thats worth 2 td's. If you haven't been to the pit be ready for a throwback to the '50's on the visitor side, and it wont hold 1/2 the Bull fans,take you lawn chairs. Just hope neither team gets any injuries so they can both go deep in the playoffs.Never get into the habit of relying on rankings or common opponent scores when predicting the outcome of HS football games. I'm very concerned about the matchups in the Navasota game. I'm much more concerned about the Columbus Cardinals game the week before at this point, however!

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Bellville is in a tough district. It is by no means established that they will emerge as champions. There are at least two teams that have the horses to upset Bellville: Sealy and Navasota. My prediction is that one will win, probably Sealy. The winner in D23 will have one lose on the record. No one goes 5-0 in D23 this year. You heard it first here by PUDLUGGER :D

landries
09-28-2003, 12:48 AM
i beg to differ.

Brahma73
09-28-2003, 01:08 AM
Pudlugger:
Bellville is in a tough district. It is by no means established that they will emerge as champions. There are at least two teams that have the horses to upset Bellville: Sealy and Navasota. My prediction is that one will win, probably Sealy. The winner in D23 will have one lose on the record. No one goes 5-0 in D23 this year. You heard it first here by PUDLUGGER :D Gosh, Pud. Where's the love?!?! I read in another post you don't like our finely manacured, pleasantly plush little arena of discomfort (aka Pasture of Pain); and now you're predicting we won't win out in the district war. I'm crushed! LMAO :D
Seriously though, I can't completely disagree with your crystal ball gazings. My only adjustment would suggest that Navasota on the road might be the biggest test for the hump-backed bovines in red. Sealy in our yard should be one we're favored in...provided we stop the run better than we did on Friday! eek!
Good luck to the Leps and good health to your youngster. Hope we get to play this year, just like old times. I really miss that game, don't you? :( Maybe realignment will come through.

Pudlugger
09-28-2003, 08:24 AM
Brahma73:

Pudlugger:
Bellville is in a tough district. It is by no means established that they will emerge as champions. There are at least two teams that have the horses to upset Bellville: Sealy and Navasota. My prediction is that one will win, probably Sealy. The winner in D23 will have one lose on the record. No one goes 5-0 in D23 this year. You heard it first here by PUDLUGGER :D Gosh, Pud. Where's the love?!?! I read in another post you don't like our finely manacured, pleasantly plush little arena of discomfort (aka Pasture of Pain); and now you're predicting we won't win out in the district war. I'm crushed! LMAO :D
Seriously though, I can't completely disagree with your crystal ball gazings. My only adjustment would suggest that Navasota on the road might be the biggest test for the hump-backed bovines in red. Sealy in our yard should be one we're favored in...provided we stop the run better than we did on Friday! eek!
Good luck to the Leps and good health to your youngster. Hope we get to play this year, just like old times. I really miss that game, don't you? :( Maybe realignment will come through.Well Brahma73 I have been thinking that over and maybe you are right. Navasota is tough at home (much like Elgin or Bellville for that matter) but tends to be a different team on the road. Sealy just looks like a team on the rise right now and they have a huge axe to grind not getting into the play-offs going 7-3 last year. Bellville has a tough road ahead and both these teams are capable of beating them depending on circumstances. Home field advantage is one of those factors and you may have a point there. We'll see. Good luck, and yes it would be something if the Leps could progress far enough to meet the Brahmas in the regional final. It is a very steep road to get there, so I will just focus on Manor for now. LOL :)

ps: don't like playing in Bellville much either! LOL

GoForIt
09-28-2003, 11:24 AM
1. Navasota
2. Bellville
3. Sealy

Gobbla2001
09-28-2003, 11:32 AM
I see the top 3 teams in this district ALL finishing with atLEAST one loss... How bout that?

Pudlugger
09-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Gobbla2001:
I see the top 3 teams in this district ALL finishing with atLEAST one loss... How bout that?Well Gobbla that's just what I said up above on this thread a few days ago! :)

punt
09-28-2003, 04:05 PM
I really think that Navasota can beat Bellville in Navasota, but that certainly is not a given. I think Navasota will not be beaten in district, Bellville with one loss and Sealy with 2, beaten by the Rattlers and Bulls. Both have the defense to stop Andrus, at least part of the time and that stops Sealy's scoring pretty much against good teams. Bellville will have to play some super defense to stop the speedy Rattler backs. Will be a good one just like the Bulls had with RC. Just hope everyone stays healthy.

BrahmaMom
09-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Another exciting game in the future for Bellville. Again, one game at a time. We'll see Columbus before the Rattlers. Gives our defense time to get faster and tougher, gives our offense time to perfect their already great game. The Bulls will give it their all, no doubt. Go, Brahmas!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-28-2003, 08:39 PM
You guys, that are down playing Bellville, have you even seen this years team play? If you havent, I would wait to downplay the Bulls untill you do!
If you were at the Bellville, Rice game, you saw the best two teams in region 3 and 4, in D2. Look for both to meet again.
Go Bellville win District 5-0!!!!

Brahma73
09-28-2003, 08:43 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
You guys, that are down playing Bellville, have you even seen this years team play? If you havent, I would wait to downplay the Bulls untill you do!
If you were at the Bellville, Rice game, you saw the best two teams in region 3 and 4, in D2. Look for both to meet again.
Go Bellville win District 5-0!!!!Interesting.......

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Hey 73, check your PM.

Strike Fast
09-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Hopefully both teams will be 6-0 coming into this game on the 17th of Oct. The Rattlers were a bit off against Elgin, coming of a bye week. They had a couple of costly penalties that brought back a couple of huge gains, and a defensive touchdown. May both teams stay healthy and we hope to have a “barn burner” at the SNAKEPIT !