PDA

View Full Version : Sealy coach story from Sealy News

Scoop27
06-13-2013, 07:06 PM
http://www.sealynews.com/news/article_6ddec33a-cdef-11e2-a6c7-001a4bcf887a.html

Manso/V8
06-13-2013, 08:43 PM
He seems like a real nice fella, all shiny and happy.
I hope he can keep that positive attitude coaching in the Sealy environment.
There are a lot of strong opinions and a different lifestyle down on the southern end of the county.

maestro
06-13-2013, 09:03 PM
How many coaches will he be able to hire or bring in?

tigerball4life
06-15-2013, 08:23 AM
He seems like a real nice fella, all shiny and happy.
I hope he can keep that positive attitude coaching in the Sealy environment.
There are a lot of strong opinions and a different lifestyle down on the southern end of the county.

I haven’t been back to Sealy in a while but the people I talk to in town really like the new coach, he has brought back a number things that the Mitchell’s didn’t like or have time for such as 7on 7, working with all grades boys and girls and being involved in the community.
As far as the environment in Sealy is concerned we have been in need of a leader to develop our kids into well rounded citizens, someone to cut out all the crap associated with Sealy athletics.

I am told the kids really like this man and judging by the letters from people in Lexington I think the Sealy Tigers are in good hands now.

rancher
06-15-2013, 08:34 AM
I am also hearing the same from all of the Sealy folks. He is out in the community talking up his program, speaking with the kids at all levels and being involved in the community outside of school. He also wants all sports both girls and boys to be successful. This is a complete change of pace from the Mitchell era and something that has been sadly lacking the last few years. I wish nothing but the best for all Austin County Teams. Thankfully Sealy and Bellville will be in different divisions come playoff time.

MJMbrahmas10
06-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Glad to hear that Sealy might have some class now. 😝

tigerball4life
06-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Glad to hear that Sealy might have some class now. ��

If you say so!

Every town has its good and bad but when a few kids are allowed to act like thugs it tarnishes the entire program, and yes even Bellville has had their share of wayward sons

Funny thing is Chancellor and Mitchell were buddies and I hear Rowe and Holcomb are friends, makes you stop and think doesn’t it.

MJMbrahmas10
06-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Just pokin fun. Coaches being friends makes the rivalry more intense

Manso/V8
06-15-2013, 01:48 PM
I haven’t been back to Sealy in a while but the people I talk to in town really like the new coach, he has brought back a number things that the Mitchell’s didn’t like or have time for such as 7on 7, working with all grades boys and girls and being involved in the community.
As far as the environment in Sealy is concerned we have been in need of a leader to develop our kids into well rounded citizens, someone to cut out all the crap associated with Sealy athletics.

I am told the kids really like this man and judging by the letters from people in Lexington I think the Sealy Tigers are in good hands now.

That's great.
I met a couple of Lexington coaches at one our playoff games this year, and they seemed like real solid folk.
It sounds like Holcomb and his crew will have a positive impact on Sealy athletics, the kids, and the community.

sTxforlife
06-15-2013, 08:21 PM
I've had the pleasure of meeting Coach Holcomb a couple times while in the weight room. From what I have gathered from talking with him he seems like a great guy and from what I have seen with summer workouts so far he is a great coach as well that seems to genuinely care about all the kids and every sport. Things have definitely changed in Sealy athletics, it is a completely different program than what Mitchell ran.