PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 7 on 7 still rolling

Cam
06-12-2013, 11:10 AM
As of yesterday, according to one of the dads, they are now 23-0! I know it's only 7 on 7, but still a nice accomplishment for the boys. Lately, they have been competing in Georgetown weekly tourny and doing well against the Georgetown boys and Cedar Park Vista Ridge. Will be fun to go watch them in state tourny.
I know Coach Jones doesn't put too much emphasis on 7 on 7 play. But looks like Burnet will have some nice skill position players with a little more experience this year.
Now they have to see how the O & D lines will develop. I'm guessing the Saldivar twins will anchor the O-line. But I really don't know much about the rest...
Hopefully, the Dawgs can make some noise in District 8-3A and make things interesting...

....and speakin' of twins...there's something weird bout that in Burnet....we've got several sets of them in middle school and the Brown & Saldivar twins in high school. Greendawg, have you been runnin' your crazy experiments again on the townfolk??......:thinking:.....For awhile there, I thought I was seeing double!....Guess I really was!.....

greendawg84
06-12-2013, 03:52 PM
As of yesterday, according to one of the dads, they are now 23-0! I know it's only 7 on 7, but still a nice accomplishment for the boys. Lately, they have been competing in Georgetown weekly tourny and doing well against the Georgetown boys and Cedar Park Vista Ridge. Will be fun to go watch them in state tourny.
I know Coach Jones doesn't put too much emphasis on 7 on 7 play. But looks like Burnet will have some nice skill position players with a little more experience this year.
Now they have to see how the O & D lines will develop. I'm guessing the Saldivar twins will anchor the O-line. But I really don't know much about the rest...
Hopefully, the Dawgs can make some noise in District 8-3A and make things interesting...

....and speakin' of twins...there's something weird bout that in Burnet....we've got several sets of them in middle school and the Brown & Saldivar twins in high school. Greendawg, have you been runnin' your crazy experiments again on the townfolk??......:thinking:.....For awhile there, I thought I was seeing double!....Guess I really was!.....

Its the water .... I swear its in the water .:p

Cam
06-19-2013, 10:30 AM
....and still rolling.....Burnet now 25-0. Almost got whooped by Pflugerville Hendrickson yesterday. Hendrickson couldn't convert the extra point. That team has some serious D1 talent! Look out for them in 4A real foosball!.....

Cam
06-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Now 26-2 after playing in Marble Falls SQT last Saturday & the only 3A rep there. Lost to Marble, beat Bastrop, and lost to eventual tourney winner, Hutto....

hollywood
06-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Now 26-2 after playing in Marble Falls SQT last Saturday & the only 3A rep there. Lost to Marble, beat Bastrop, and lost to eventual tourney winner, Hutto....

Cam... good stuff except you mean to tell me Burnet got beat by a buncha HIPPO's?! Good grief man.

Cam
06-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Cam... good stuff except you mean to tell me Burnet got beat by a buncha HIPPO's?! Good grief man.

....yeah, but I heard we played em' pretty tough!....dang hippos (what a name!) made one last charge. And you know when a hippo charges ain't no dawgie gonna stop em'!......you just get the hell out of the way!....

Ernest T Bass
06-24-2013, 03:52 PM
....and still rolling.....Burnet now 25-0. Almost got whooped by Pflugerville Hendrickson yesterday. Hendrickson couldn't convert the extra point. That team has some serious D1 talent! Look out for them in 4A real foosball!.....

Hendrickson is 5A now

BEAST
06-24-2013, 03:53 PM
....yeah, but I heard we played em' pretty tough!....dang hippos (what a name!) made one last charge. And you know when a hippo charges ain't no dawgie gonna stop em'!......you just get the hell out of the way!....

I suppose a football team being the Hippos isnt so bad. But, what do the call the girls volleyball, basketball etc? I cant think a girl would like being called a Hippo.

BEAST

Cam
06-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Hendrickson is 5A now

you're right ETB....whatever they are, them Hendrickson boys are some monsters!.....

Cam
06-24-2013, 04:10 PM
I suppose a football team being the Hippos isnt so bad. But, what do the call the girls volleyball, basketball etc? I cant think a girl would like being called a Hippo.

BEAST

I dunna know....maybe they just call themselves the "Curvaceous Hips"!!!......

BEAST
06-24-2013, 04:23 PM

Hmmmm, I suppose that is possible.

BEAST

Cam
06-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Marble Fall SQT. 15 teams. All 4 or 5A except for Burnet.

Burnet - 34 vs. Marble Falls - 37 -- MF wins on final drive
Burnet - 28 vs. Bastrop - 13
Burnet - 34 vs. Hutto - 37

Any Burnetians know if move-in WR Korey Campbell is playing full time or is he still in Hillsboro getting ready for the move here?

Also, Burnet asst. coach Wilson going to Marble Falls. Good luck to you coach!.....

hollywood
06-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Are you going to make the state tourney Cami?

Cam
06-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Are you going to make the state tourney Cami?

Man, I'm gonna try real hard...just depends on how busy work gets....I might get shipped to Siberia.....At the very least, I'd like to be there for the last day (Friday). I fully expect Burnet to be playing on the final day. Why do you ask anyway?......Are you buying Beast and I lunch???.....;)

It would be a good experience for my young boy to watch the big boys play.....

Tejastrue
06-25-2013, 12:13 AM

Instead of Hippo maybe "big boned"...

greendawg84
06-25-2013, 08:06 AM

BEAST

Them would be the Lady Hippo's , not sure why they are not called the Hutto Ladies but thats what they call them . :crazy1:

greendawg84
06-25-2013, 08:08 AM
Marble Fall SQT. 15 teams. All 4 or 5A except for Burnet.

Burnet - 34 vs. Marble Falls - 37 -- MF wins on final drive
Burnet - 28 vs. Bastrop - 13
Burnet - 34 vs. Hutto - 37

Any Burnetians know if move-in WR Korey Campbell is playing full time or is he still in Hillsboro getting ready for the move here?

Also, Burnet asst. coach Wilson going to Marble Falls. Good luck to you coach!.....

Knew Wilson would probably leave , not good for the Dawgs . He is a good one , hate to loose him , but to MF ????? :tongue:

Ernest T Bass
06-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Them would be the Lady Hippo's , not sure why they are not called the Hutto Ladies but thats what they call them . :crazy1:

I always laugh at places like Bridgeport, Graham, etc...that have male-centric mascots. They have to come up with a whole new mascot for girls teams. I also laugh when I see "Lady Dogs" on a uniform.

Matthew328
06-25-2013, 10:43 AM
I got a day of ISS in high school when I laughed at our girls basketball team at Everman for being called the "Lady Dawgs" the asst. principal didn't appreciate the alternative name I offered...

Ville-D
06-25-2013, 11:05 AM

"Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus, or just a really cool Opotamus?" - Mitch Hedberg

I miss Mitch.

D'Highlander
06-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Hip… hip hop… hip hop anonymous? Dang you get the easy ones…

Do they still have ISS in school now?
:hijacktd:

Cam
06-25-2013, 09:15 PM
Knew Wilson would probably leave , not good for the Dawgs . He is a good one , hate to loose him , but to MF ????? :tongue:

yeah, MF got a good one!....his wife will still teach at Burnet I think.....wonder what happens to his young boy?.....Hope he stays at Burnet....Also hearing Burnet has made offer to another coach....we'll see what develops...

Cam
06-25-2013, 09:19 PM
"Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus, or just a really cool Opotamus?" - Mitch Hedberg

I miss Mitch.

too young to die for sure.....