PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins

Cam
06-11-2013, 12:55 PM
So what's your vitamin intake if any? I recently bought the new One-A-Day w/ Fiber and started taking them. It's been a week now and I've stopped. I don't know if it's the fiber thing or what, but man, the gas I was producing was way beyond the daily recommended value!.....my wife actually threatened divorce!.....:doh:
Any suggestions?....bout vitamins that is!.....

toddg
06-11-2013, 02:43 PM
i started taking flintstones vitamins..i dont feel any better, but i can stop my car with my feet!!

defense51
06-11-2013, 02:47 PM
I take Mega Red krill oil, coq10, and CLA. My step father has taken fish oil for years, he's 78 and looks and acts 50. He swears the fish/krill oil is the secret, I'm 43 and my wife says I act 15 so I think maybe he's right!

Cam
06-11-2013, 03:13 PM
I take Mega Red krill oil, coq10, and CLA. My step father has taken fish oil for years, he's 78 and looks and acts 50. He swears the fish/krill oil is the secret, I'm 43 and my wife says I act 15 so I think maybe he's right!

....15 huh?......my kind of guy!.....:2thumbsup

I take CoQ10 and the fish oils too..although I hear the krill krap is better......what the heck is CLA?............

defense51
06-11-2013, 03:42 PM
....15 huh?......my kind of guy!.....:2thumbsup

I take CoQ10 and the fish oils too..although I hear the krill krap is better......what the heck is CLA?............

Conjugated linoleic acid- an anti-oxidant that's supposed to help maintain a healthy lean muscle/body fat ratio.

panfan
06-11-2013, 03:59 PM
So what's your vitamin intake if any? I recently bought the new One-A-Day w/ Fiber and started taking them. It's been a week now and I've stopped. I don't know if it's the fiber thing or what, but man, the gas I was producing was way beyond the daily recommended value!.....my wife actually threatened divorce!.....:doh:
Any suggestions?....bout vitamins that is!.....

I take vitameatavegamin - its so tasty too!

panfan
06-11-2013, 04:03 PM

I like the fish oil too - bass fish oil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQFv83QJ2Y

Cam
06-11-2013, 10:24 PM
i started taking flintstones vitamins..i dont feel any better, but i can stop my car with my feet!!

....you sir.....are an ANIMAL!......

Cam
06-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Conjugated linoleic acid- an anti-oxidant that's supposed to help maintain a healthy lean muscle/body fat ratio.

shoot, I can't even pronounce that!....if I can't pronounce it, I won't take it!.......plus, I'll bet it constipates you!!....

Cam
06-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I take vitameatavegamin - its so tasty too!

What?...are you like a Men At Work fan or something??.....vegemite samwich anyone??.....

Tejastrue
06-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Surely you know about this skit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3w4ps14_IU

regaleagle
06-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Here's what I take daily>>>> two 1000mg fish oil capsules, 500mg chewable vitamen C, 400 IU vitamen E, 100 mg Co-Q10, 2000 mg High Potency Cinnamon(capsule), one Ulitimate Flora capsule(30 Billion Probiotic), and I drink 16 oz. of nonfat milk with a scoop of chocolate flavored Six Star Whey Protein Plus Elite Series from MuscleTech at least 4 mornings per week(it's actually very tasty & satisfying....I highly recommend it). I'm an athletic 5'10" 162lbs. of lean body mass at the age of 58 now. I feel better than I have for 10 years, at least. I've been on the vitamen schedule for about a year, but on the Whey Protein and no sugar(very few carbs too) for only 2 mos. I lost 11 lbs and feel very energetic and "nimble" or light. The body fat is gone(belly, sides, jowls, under the neck, facial cheeks).....gone. Now I just hafta get into better athletic condition. That's the next step in the process. Most people that don't know me think I'm about 45-48. I have very little gray hair, so that helps to fool em too. :evilgrin:;):crazy1::D

PS>>>I consistently drive the ball 270 yds. down the middle with TaylorMade R9. Of course, I'm a single digit handicap, so that helps. Golf is a great game for staying active and healthy, esp. in the Texas heat. It also helps to go up & down those roofs in the Texas heat. That'll keep your blood circulating, I promise you. It gets 130 degrees on those roofs in the summer. And I get on them regularly....not to work on them, but to measure them and check the work performed.

BwdLion73
06-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Here's what I take daily>>>> two 1000mg fish oil capsules, 500mg chewable vitamen C, 400 IU vitamen E, 100 mg Co-Q10, 2000 mg High Potency Cinnamon(capsule), one Ulitimate Flora capsule(30 Billion Probiotic), and I drink 16 oz. of nonfat milk with a scoop of chocolate flavored Six Star Whey Protein Plus Elite Series from MuscleTech at least 4 mornings per week(it's actually very tasty & satisfying....I highly recommend it). I'm an athletic 5'10" 162lbs. of lean body mass at the age of 58 now. I feel better than I have for 10 years, at least. I've been on the vitamen schedule for about a year, but on the Whey Protein and no sugar(very few carbs too) for only 2 mos. I lost 11 lbs and feel very energetic and "nimble" or light. The body fat is gone(belly, sides, jowls, under the neck, facial cheeks).....gone. Now I just hafta get into better athletic condition. That's the next step in the process. Most people that don't know me think I'm about 45-48. I have very little gray hair, so that helps to fool em too. :evilgrin:;):crazy1::D

PS>>>I consistently drive the ball 270 yds. down the middle with TaylorMade R9. Of course, I'm a single digit handicap, so that helps. Golf is a great game for staying active and healthy, esp. in the Texas heat. It also helps to go up & down those roofs in the Texas heat. That'll keep your blood circulating, I promise you. It gets 130 degrees on those roofs in the summer. And I get on them regularly....not to work on them, but to measure them and check the work performed.

We must be twins...I am the same age. I get up every morning have two or three cups of coffee. I think I took an asprin earlier this year. I have body mass but I do feel better than I have in years (may have something to do with retiring from a stressful career) I cannot find another place to put a gray hair on my head and have been that way for years. Sometimes people mistake me for being so young! I doubt I could drive a golf ball 270 yards in a cart, however my wife climbs roofs to measure and photograph for repairs. I tell her to drink plenty of fluids.

panfan
06-12-2013, 08:20 AM

I maintain a healthy fat to muscle ratio. Got more fat than muscle!

Cam
06-12-2013, 09:26 AM

.....:thinking:....I think I'm in love!!......:inlove:

Cam
06-12-2013, 09:28 AM
We must be twins...I am the same age. I get up every morning have two or three cups of coffee. I think I took an asprin earlier this year. I have body mass but I do feel better than I have in years (may have something to do with retiring from a stressful career) I cannot find another place to put a gray hair on my head and have been that way for years. Sometimes people mistake me for being so young! I doubt I could drive a golf ball 270 yards in a cart, however my wife climbs roofs to measure and photograph for repairs. I tell her to drink plenty of fluids.

:thinking:.....I think I'm in love....AGAIN!!......:inlove:

Cam
06-12-2013, 09:29 AM
I maintain a healthy fat to muscle ratio. Got more fat than muscle!

.....:thinking:.....I just lost my appetite!......:ack!:

defense51
06-12-2013, 10:25 AM
:thinking:.....I think I'm in love....AGAIN!!......:inlove:

I'm starting to think you're a little "easy" Cam. :evillol:

Cam
06-12-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm starting to think you're a little "easy" Cam. :evillol:

...gettin' a little nervous are ya?.....

44INAROW
06-12-2013, 11:30 AM

yep........ I can relate to this......... :) husband and I keep saying we're going to get healthy.......... I think it's time we get serious about that!

BwdLion73
06-12-2013, 11:39 AM
yep........ I can relate to this......... :) husband and I keep saying we're going to get healthy.......... I think it's time we get serious about that!

I agree, just had to reply to regaleagle...I say good for him I'm just a little jealous....and now worried that I have started a love fight between Cam and defense 51.

;)