PDA

View Full Version : Now that Saddam Hussein is caught what should his punishment be

Wildcat81
12-16-2003, 07:07 PM
I think he should be done the way he did others.

GOFOR2
12-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Wildcat81:
I think he should be done the way he did others.Psychological torture for the next few months or until he starts talking and then give him more of the same until his judgment day. I can not see why we are treating him differently than we would or have any other war criminal. I fear he will end up getting off lightly. And now I hear, the International Red Cross is getting involved, what a bunch of BS.

JasperDog94
12-16-2003, 07:36 PM
After the US is done with him, we should do as everyone wishes and turn him over to the Iraqies for a public trial. May I suggest that the jury panel consist of entirely Kurds? :D :D :D

turbostud
12-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Send him to France and let him run that country for a few years.

sinton66
12-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Well, George Bush just said on Prime Time that he will be handed over to Iraq for trial and punishment.

Stu Pidass
12-16-2003, 08:09 PM
Keep in mind as long as he has breath in his lungs that there is the distinct possibility that he could have a change of heart that come with knowing the truth. I say this because the last thing anyboy who knows me would have guessed, that the influence of the Gospel and the Truth there is in Christ, would have been "No Way". If he has a change of heart (heart transplant that can only be affected by the Holy Spirit) those of us who claim to be Christian would then call him brother, this does not however excuse him for the evil he has poured out upon the Iraqi people. If the law has to have him executed so be it, just keep in mind he needs a lot of prayer. We all are fallen and have need of Him who saves.....

Gobbla2001
12-16-2003, 08:43 PM
Lock him in a hole and force him to watch reruns of him being checked by the doctors...

callandraise
12-16-2003, 09:02 PM
They should give him 40 years solitary confinment(with an insurance salesman).

Wildcat81
12-16-2003, 09:42 PM
Stu Pidass:
Keep in mind as long as he has breath in his lungs that there is the distinct possibility that he could have a change of heart that come with knowing the truth. I say this because the last thing anyboy who knows me would have guessed, that the influence of the Gospel and the Truth there is in Christ, would have been "No Way". If he has a change of heart (heart transplant that can only be affected by the Holy Spirit) those of us who claim to be Christian would then call him brother, this does not however excuse him for the evil he has poured out upon the Iraqi people. If the law has to have him executed so be it, just keep in mind he needs a lot of prayer. We all are fallen and have need of Him who saves.....Your right! But he has to punished for his sins.
Matt.5:25,26[25] Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
[26] Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

olddog73
12-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Just turn him over to the Kurds and the Sheites. They have their own kind of justice and they aren't reluctant to use it.

GOFOR2
12-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Stu Pidass:
Keep in mind as long as he has breath in his lungs that there is the distinct possibility that he could have a change of heart that come with knowing the truth. I say this because the last thing anyboy who knows me would have guessed, that the influence of the Gospel and the Truth there is in Christ, would have been "No Way". If he has a change of heart (heart transplant that can only be affected by the Holy Spirit) those of us who claim to be Christian would then call him brother, this does not however excuse him for the evil he has poured out upon the Iraqi people. If the law has to have him executed so be it, just keep in mind he needs a lot of prayer. We all are fallen and have need of Him who saves.....How many people have you killed? or tortured? This many deserves nothing but the worst that humankind has to offer. He has killed many innocent people for meaningless offenses and this should not go by without consequences. He worked under the principle of an eye for an eye...I thinkk he deserves the same. What a worthless piece of flesh he is.

slpybear the bullfan
12-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Hmmm... Okay, I think Saddamm is the biggest piece the world has seen in some time... Maybe since Pol Pot or that dude in CZ.

400,000 murders and we are still digging them up.

Systematic rape and torture for political gain and personal pleasure.

Systematic thievary of Billions from his country.

And... who knows how much support for terrorists. (Mark my words, this will be the next hot topic on the news).

There ain't a lot of remorse from this Texan. Let him be tried and executed... preferably in a way that makes an incredibly powerful statement to all of the people in the middle east.

I appreciate the arguments from fellow believers on here. I agree that everyone was loved by Him and all have the same Grace available. But I also believe that His vengence comes by way of many tools. And I truly believe that His vengence is about to be poured out upon the head of our Babylonian friend.

Wildcat81
12-16-2003, 11:03 PM
slpybear the bullfan:
Hmmm... Okay, I think Saddamm is the biggest piece the world has seen in some time... Maybe since Pol Pot or that dude in CZ.

400,000 murders and we are still digging them up.

Systematic rape and torture for political gain and personal pleasure.

Systematic thievary of Billions from his country.

And... who knows how much support for terrorists. (Mark my words, this will be the next hot topic on the news).

There ain't a lot of remorse from this Texan. Let him be tried and executed... preferably in a way that makes an incredibly powerful statement to all of the people in the middle east.

I appreciate the arguments from fellow believers on here. I agree that everyone was loved by Him and all have the same Grace available. But I also believe that His vengence comes by way of many tools. And I truly believe that His vengence is about to be poured out upon the head of our Babylonian friend.Hitler was the worst.

slpybear the bullfan
12-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Stu Pidass:
Keep in mind... ...the influence of the Gospel and the Truth there is in Christ... "Stu Pidass" ????? Interesting username.

jason
12-16-2003, 11:06 PM
they should hog tie him, leave him in the middle of a field, and cover him in maple syrup...

Wildcat81
12-16-2003, 11:10 PM
jason:
they should hog tie him, leave him in the middle of a field, and cover him in maple syrup...Ants would like that! Well maybe not the taste
of Saddam.

sinton66
12-17-2003, 12:05 AM
The middle east has been at war with one another off and on since the beginning of time. I'm sure the Iraqis can think of something appropriate. wink

bulldogvet85
12-17-2003, 02:24 AM
well it really depends on what the iraqi's decide but I think that maybe he just deserves life in a prison. Cuz there is no punishment that will justify all the deaths he has commited. Think about this too, if he goes to jail in Irag he will evenutally die. The is prolly a majority of people in those prisons that have hate towards him, So I'm sure they will make it hell for him and eventually kill him. but he does the government no good dead He hold so much knowledge that the government wants and needs. He may not speak up now but after spending sometime in prison and thinking about it he may speak up and we may see him on 60 minutes one night. lol, but who knows its not really for us to decide but for the iraqi's cuz they have suffered so much from him.

District303aPastPlayer
12-17-2003, 03:06 AM
pluck every single hair from his head and slowly cut tiny nicks into his skin... then tie him to a whipping post, and have black belts kick him and use kendo sticks on his ribs... then for fun... dangle him into a tank of piranas at an aquarium and let everyone watch

sinton66
12-17-2003, 07:41 AM
Remember folks, the middle east invented crucifixion. I'm sure they'll think of something. And whatever they come up with, it will be far more merciful than he showed any of his victims, and thus, far more than he deserves.

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Pudlugger
12-17-2003, 08:12 AM
turbostud:
Send him to France and let him run that country for a few years.You gotta love this guy! (Turbostud, I mean) :D

onfirebball05mustang
12-17-2003, 09:47 AM
i believe he should be tortured, but you have to look at the politics in it: He's not just the US's problem, he's the world's and should be tried as such with a jury of his peers, but still, think of all the rotten things he's done!

RPM
12-17-2003, 10:00 AM
I think he should be kept under US forces until they have or get everything on him. If you leave him under Iraqi personal, theres a very good chance someone will try and help him escape. Money talks

DogDoc
12-17-2003, 10:04 AM
I believe no punishment will ever fit his crimes this is very true. But, we in this great country are to show the right way to others and that democracy can work in a place like Iraq. Because of this it is very important that we let him be tried and convicted and justly(as possible) punished by his own country. I think this will take some time and there should be no hurry. Iraq needs tobe a little bit stable and on its way to self government before any of this is done. I think we are a ways away from this being possible right now.

DogDoc

Stu Pidass
12-17-2003, 10:26 AM
Again all of you guys and gals on here have to keep in mind that there is nothing redeeming with mankind. We are ALL fallen and whether the sin is great or small we are (all of mankind) responsible for the fact that Christ went to the cross. Because He did go to the cross ALL of the Fathers wrath was poured out upon Him, and enmity was put to rest because of this. No man stands perfect before the Father unless he is found in Christ. I find it horrible and even unbeleiveable that most on this board would consider themselves Christians and yet still consider themselves above groups of mankind, where is your humility? Christ chose you when you were yet a sinner, where is the mercy shown you? God is sovereign and if God can have mercy and forgive Sadaams sins who are you to argue? Sadaam will have to answer to mankind in court for what he has done, if it is death, so be it !!! I think it crazy that some if not all of you would pray for him to be damned, and yet not pray he would be changed..... this is proof positive that mankind, unless they have a change of heart from God, will NEVER EVER do the will of God, and His will only comes from His Spirit when He changes you.

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 10:39 AM
bulldogvet85:
well it really depends on what the iraqi's decide but I think that maybe he just deserves life in a prison. Cuz there is no punishment that will justify all the deaths he has commited. Think about this too, if he goes to jail in Irag he will evenutally die. The is prolly a majority of people in those prisons that have hate towards him, So I'm sure they will make it hell for him and eventually kill him. but he does the government no good dead He hold so much knowledge that the government wants and needs. He may not speak up now but after spending sometime in prison and thinking about it he may speak up and we may see him on 60 minutes one night. lol, but who knows its not really for us to decide but for the iraqi's cuz they have suffered so much from him.I agree with Bulldogvet, it does no one any good to kill him at this point in time. I believe he should be locked up for a very long time because this man has so much information and knowledge about different things that could benefit the US as well as Iraq. I believe that locking him up in solitary confinement for life would make him crack at some point in time and start spilling the beans about stuff. But as far as his true punishment, I don't believe that it is our (United States) decision as to what his sentencing should be for his hateful crimes. He needs to be turned over to Iraq for trial amoungst his own peers. They could give him a far worse punishment than we could ever think of because of the hell and missery they have suffered from his ruling.

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: BulldogGrl64 ]</small>

olddawggreen
12-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Stu Pidass:
Again all of you guys and gals on here have to keep in mind that there is nothing redeeming with mankind. We are ALL fallen and whether the sin is great or small we are (all of mankind) responsible for the fact that Christ went to the cross. Because He did go to the cross ALL of the Fathers wrath was poured out upon Him, and enmity was put to rest because of this. No man stands perfect before the Father unless he is found in Christ. I find it horrible and even unbeleiveable that most on this board would consider themselves Christians and yet still consider themselves above groups of mankind, where is your humility? Christ chose you when you were yet a sinner, where is the mercy shown you? God is sovereign and if God can have mercy and forgive Sadaams sins who are you to argue? Sadaam will have to answer to mankind in court for what he has done, if it is death, so be it !!! I think it crazy that some if not all of you would pray for him to be damned, and yet not pray he would be changed..... this is proof positive that mankind, unless they have a change of heart from God, will NEVER EVER do the will of God, and His will only comes from His Spirit when He changes you.I understand that Saddam has killed many Christians also and suppressed many others, he has absolutly no love for Christ or Christians. I think his own people of his own religion will have the answer for him and that we should let them deal with his punishment when the time comes. Until then, I think we should put him on a pork diet and try to get all the information out of him that we can.

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

sinton66
12-17-2003, 01:11 PM
It may turn out that we don't need info from him directly. As I write this, most of his former associates seem to be coming out of the woodwork seeking "deals" for information. The documents recovered from his briefcase that he had with him have already resulted in several other arrests and have produced leads to the money handling network that was set up to fund terrorists. I think that as of now, any info we get from him at all would just be "icing on the cake".

Cameronbystander
12-17-2003, 03:50 PM
How about something that would help pay for the rebuilding of Iraq and the cost of the war?

Build a special semi-truck and trailer. Put Sadaam in the trailer in a wooden chair with electrodes attached to sensitive areas. Each electrode is attached to a target in the trailer. The more sensitive the area, the smaller the target. Drive this truck from Wal-Mart parking lot to Wal-Mart parking lot and charge $100 for three shots with a BB gun.

Oh yeah, have one target all the way in the back and only large enough for the BB. This target would have the power for a fatal charge. We might even be able to talk GW into unretiring "Old Sparky" in Huntsville for the trailer.

You asked for ideas.