PDA

View Full Version : Marble Falls' Garrett Gray committs to Texas

Scoop27
06-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Following Sunday's one-day Texas Longhorn mini-camp, the father of Marble Falls wide receiver Garrett Gray told Horns247 he could see his son shut things down within the ensuing 24-48 hours.
Garrett Gray

Garrett Gray was one of the top performers at camp on Sunday.

It turns his dad was right on the money.

Gray, a 6-foot-4.5, 206-pound three-star prospect, committed to Texas on Monday night. Gray was offered by the Texas staff following Sunday's camp, and he's now commit No. 15 in the 2014 recruiting class for the Longhorns.

Horns247 learned of Gray's commitment on Monday evening via Marble Falls head coach Todd Dodge.

Gray had a huge season as a junior for Dodge and the Mustangs. He caught 82 passes for 1,266 yards and 19 touchdowns.

The commitment of Gray continues a hot streak for Texas. The Longhorns have now landed four commitments within the past 36 hours.

Gray is the first of those to come from the 2014 class following three 2015 commitments on Sunday. He's the second 2014 commitment the Longhorns have landed in less than three weeks following Sione Teuhema's commitment on May 30.

Gray is currently ranked as the nation's 100th-best wide receiver according to 247Sports. He's also the 99th-ranked overall recruit on Texas.

Before an injury forced him to take it easy during the afternoon session, Gray was one of the better playmakers in the morning session on Sunday. He's a big-bodied receiver with a legitimate ability to stretch the field vertically and manipulate coverage with his speed.

Gray becomes the third wide receiver commit for the Longhorns in the 2014 class joining Abilene Cooper's Lorenzo Joe and Houston Sharpstown's Roderick Bernard.

Texas is also considered the favorite at this time to land Texas City four-star wide receiver Armanti Foreman. Dallas Lincoln receiver Emanuel Porter de-committed from TCU on Monday, one day after earning a Texas offer based on a dominant camp performance.

Weebe
06-11-2013, 12:03 AM
I like this kid. Much more so than the more highly ranked Jake Oliver that they took last year.

Old Tiger
06-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Heard he ran multiple 4.4's at the Texas camp.

Matthew328
06-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Might be a good idea to link the original story and give credit to the author

Cam
06-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Gray is a good one!...that lanky boy is hard to stop!......Gave Burnet fits last year!

SHSBulldog00
06-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Longview 2014 WR Dorian Leonard has committed to Texas

Dogman_1969
06-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Heard he ran multiple 4.4's at the Texas camp.

I heard he laid down multiple 4.4's as well. At his size he could be the prize of the class. I am thinking he gets playing time the day he steps on campus.

\m/ Hookem \m/

Lucky2Coach
06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Following Sunday's one-day Texas Longhorn mini-camp, the father of Marble Falls wide receiver Garrett Gray told Horns247 he could see his son shut things down within the ensuing 24-48 hours.
Garrett Gray

Garrett Gray was one of the top performers at camp on Sunday.

It turns his dad was right on the money.

Gray, a 6-foot-4.5, 206-pound three-star prospect, committed to Texas on Monday night. Gray was offered by the Texas staff following Sunday's camp, and he's now commit No. 15 in the 2014 recruiting class for the Longhorns.

Horns247 learned of Gray's commitment on Monday evening via Marble Falls head coach Todd Dodge.

Gray had a huge season as a junior for Dodge and the Mustangs. He caught 82 passes for 1,266 yards and 19 touchdowns.

The commitment of Gray continues a hot streak for Texas. The Longhorns have now landed four commitments within the past 36 hours.

Gray is the first of those to come from the 2014 class following three 2015 commitments on Sunday. He's the second 2014 commitment the Longhorns have landed in less than three weeks following Sione Teuhema's commitment on May 30.

Gray is currently ranked as the nation's 100th-best wide receiver according to 247Sports. He's also the 99th-ranked overall recruit on Texas.

Before an injury forced him to take it easy during the afternoon session, Gray was one of the better playmakers in the morning session on Sunday. He's a big-bodied receiver with a legitimate ability to stretch the field vertically and manipulate coverage with his speed.

Gray becomes the third wide receiver commit for the Longhorns in the 2014 class joining Abilene Cooper's Lorenzo Joe and Houston Sharpstown's Roderick Bernard.

Texas is also considered the favorite at this time to land Texas City four-star wide receiver Armanti Foreman. Dallas Lincoln receiver Emanuel Porter de-committed from TCU on Monday, one day after earning a Texas offer based on a dominant camp performance.

Whoever wrote that about Armanti Foreman as having Texas as his favorite is wrong.

olddawggreen
06-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Kudo's to Coach Dodge for recognizing his talent and talking him into coming out for football his Jr. year. Looks like Dodge's advice to Garrett has paid off well.

Old Tiger
06-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Whoever wrote that about Armanti Foreman as having Texas as his favorite is wrong.

How do you know and who is?

Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk

Lucky2Coach
06-15-2013, 03:41 PM
How do you know and who is?

Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk

I coach him, and he has no clear cut favorite. Texas is one of his schools narrowed down to about 8. All the UT pundits keep putting it out there, but it is nowhere near true!

Old Tiger
06-17-2013, 10:48 PM
I coach him, and he has no clear cut favorite. Texas is one of his schools narrowed down to about 8. All the UT pundits keep putting it out there, but it is nowhere near true!

Hearing his brother has committed to Texas, any indication on his choice? Would they go to separate schools?

Weebe
06-18-2013, 12:10 AM

Texas sites are claiming that mom and grandma went to Austin this weekend and gave their approval.

Saying that its only a matter of time for he and his brother.

Have things changed?

If not, are he and his brother a package deal? Armani seems to have a lot more options.

Old Tiger
06-18-2013, 01:23 AM
Texas sites are claiming that mom and grandma went to Austin this weekend and gave their approval.

Have things changed?

If not, are he and his brother a package deal? Armani seems to have a lot more options.

Guys at 247 saying D'Onta(sp?) commited yesterday evening.

Lucky2Coach
06-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Guys at 247 saying D'Onta(sp?) commited yesterday evening.

Yes, he did. It screws up everything, now I am going to have to cheer for the Horns in the years to come. No, seriously... I am really proud of D for committing with such a great program!

Lucky2Coach
06-18-2013, 08:58 AM

Have things changed?

To my knowledge... and its been a few days so things may have changed, but Armanti has a few visits that he wants to take before he commits. I think his commitment process is going to play out for a little while longer. Whatever he chooses, I just want it to be the best fit for him so he can excel in college. They're both incredible players!!!