PDA

View Full Version : Somerset SQT Pools

Matthew328
06-10-2013, 09:25 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1260&tid=164920667&mid=164920667&sid=984&style=2

Tejastrue
06-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. I know Boerne, Ingleside and Somerset have pretty good QBs.

Matthew328
06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Wimberley dropped out of this tournament..

Tejastrue
06-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Okay, thanks Matt. Wonder what happened? I think they've only played once so far this year.

Gone Fishing
06-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Okay, thanks Matt. Wonder what happened? I think they've only played once so far this year.

In the past WT would only do two qualifiers and their thought was we make it or if not thats ok too. They went to one already and and did pretty good but didn't qualify. They are having one in Wimberley I think on the 22nd.
They are starting league play this week with Dripping, Bowie and Westlake assuming its the same as last year.

Matthew328
06-11-2013, 02:13 PM
That is correct...Wimberley is hosting a qualifier next week...

teams entered in that one:

Wimberley
Somerset
Sealy
Columbus
Salado
Austin St. Dominic
Austin St. Savio

Tejastrue
06-11-2013, 02:27 PM
In the past WT would only do two qualifiers and their thought was we make it or if not thats ok too. They went to one already and and did pretty good but didn't qualify. They are having one in Wimberley I think on the 22nd.
They are starting league play this week with Dripping, Bowie and Westlake assuming its the same as last year.

Thanks GF. Do you have any insight as to who our QB is this year. Cerday?

Tejastrue
06-11-2013, 02:28 PM

Wimberley
Somerset
Sealy
Columbus
Salado
Austin St. Dominic
Austin St. Savio

Nice..thanks again Matt.

Gone Fishing
06-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks GF. Do you have any insight as to who our QB is this year. Cerday?
Heard that Cerday was playing most of the snaps so far in 7 on 7, but also heard that there is two (yes two) move in qb's. Don't know much else about it, (class, where they came from, etc.) but I will be fishing.

Tejastrue
06-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Well I guess we can take that as positive..the more competition the better. Looking forward to the season.

Gone Fishing
06-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Well I guess we can take that as positive..the more competition the better. Looking forward to the season.

Except for any possible move ins, I know most of the varsity players, but I just can't quite get a feeling how good we might be. There is some good senior players on the lines. A few receivers and Db's that got thrown in the grease as soph or jrs last year that may be coming on. Linebackers should be good. A good running back. QB might be a question although Cerday is athletic. Depth is going to be a problem again just like last year and that may be the biggest factor. What made WT so good in 10 and 11 was the back ups in many cases was as good as the starter. Just don't get that very often in smaller schools and when you do you might win State or go real deep. lol ... I'm looking forward to the season, might have a better feeling or prediction after that first scrimmage.

MustangFootball
06-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Excited to see how Ingleside does in this tourney, not sure if they will try another one if they don't qualify. Wish I could make this tournament but I have to work.

bulldog82
06-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. I know Boerne, Ingleside and Somerset have pretty good QBs.

not sure how true this is, but heard QB had shoulder issues. And we played Boerne in Fredericksburg Tuesday , they were using a very small and weak armed QB. heard he was an incoming freshman. again , not sure of the truth to any of this so take it for what it's worth. Oh yea , we won 37 to 12 .

Tejastrue
06-14-2013, 05:22 PM
I believe you are right. Forgot the Boerne QB was hurt in game 2 of the baseball playoff series against Sinton last month. Hope he is/will be okay.

NastySlot
06-14-2013, 09:45 PM

Wimberley
Somerset
Sealy
Columbus
Salado
Austin St. Dominic
Austin St. Savio

Austin St. Dominic and Austin Savio are just one school Austin St. Dominic Savio

NastySlot
06-14-2013, 09:48 PM
not sure how true this is, but heard QB had shoulder issues. And we played Boerne in Fredericksburg Tuesday , they were using a very small and weak armed QB. heard he was an incoming freshman. again , not sure of the truth to any of this so take it for what it's worth. Oh yea , we won 37 to 12 .

you sure it was Boerne's varsity last year they sent the underclassmen to play in Fred. while older kids played in SA

MustangFootball
06-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Any one make this tournament, that could give us y'alls input?.....I know Ingleside has won both there games and play again at 1 but not sure much of anything else.

bulldog82
06-15-2013, 04:25 PM
you sure it was Boerne's varsity last year they sent the underclassmen to play in Fred. while older kids played in SA

could be , if so they brought two teams . They we calling the other team jv

Matthew328
06-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Ingleside and Somerset qualify for state..looking at scores they were clearly the top 2 teams at the tournament

NastySlot
06-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Ingleside and Somerset qualify for state..looking at scores they were clearly the top 2 teams at the tournament

hey Matt was there SQT in Sonora if so where could I find results?

thanks in advance

Matthew328
06-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Yes Sonora and Iraan qualified

MustangFootball
06-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Here's what I got off of twitter:

Final from Somerset SQT Ingleside 46 Somerset 26 Ingleside Champs

Congrats Ingleside, on winning that tournament.