PDA

View Full Version : Texas offers La Grange tackle Zach Ledwik visit

Scoop27
06-09-2013, 09:53 AM
The Texas Longhorns hadn't extended an offer to a single in-state offensive tackle entering Sunday's camp and hadn't extended any offers at all at the position since the decommitment of Fort Worth All Saints offensive guard Demetrius Knox in late April. On Tuesday that changed, as offensive line coach Stacy Searels made the call to offer La Grange offensive tackle Zach Ledwik.

A consensus three-star prospect whose grade just got bumped up to 86 by 247Sports after an in-person evaluation at the camp, Ledwik has a number of offers from major programs, including Baylor, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, and Oregon State.

What Ledwik doesn't have is any available highlight film, as his Hudl page is set to private. The 6'5, 271-pounder is rated as above-average in most categories by 247Sports, except for his strength and his pass protection, and tested as the best offensive tackle in the shuttle drill in one setting cited on his ESPN page (and may have been an Under Armour Combine, judging by his profile picture.

In any case, the two key offers in terms of Ledwik's potential are probably Baylor and Oklahoma State. While the Bears put out quite a few offers, if Baylor offensive line coach Randy Clements and Oklahoma State offensive line coach Joe Wickline think that Ledwik can play, he probably can.

Ledwik told ESPN that he doesn't have a timetable to make a decision ($) in the near future, so this isn't going to be an open-and-shut recruitment for the La Grange product and Texas, perhaps in part because the Longhorns really hadn't been recruiting him at all before Sunday, besides taking the opportunity to extend the camp invite.

NastySlot
06-15-2013, 04:33 PM
I think a tweet went out.....as YESSIR.

Lucky2Coach
06-15-2013, 04:39 PM
The Texas Longhorns hadn't extended an offer to a single in-state offensive tackle entering Sunday's camp and hadn't extended any offers at all at the position since the decommitment of Fort Worth All Saints offensive guard Demetrius Knox in late April. On Tuesday that changed, as offensive line coach Stacy Searels made the call to offer La Grange offensive tackle Zach Ledwik.

A consensus three-star prospect whose grade just got bumped up to 86 by 247Sports after an in-person evaluation at the camp, Ledwik has a number of offers from major programs, including Baylor, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, and Oregon State.

What Ledwik doesn't have is any available highlight film, as his Hudl page is set to private. The 6'5, 271-pounder is rated as above-average in most categories by 247Sports, except for his strength and his pass protection, and tested as the best offensive tackle in the shuttle drill in one setting cited on his ESPN page (and may have been an Under Armour Combine, judging by his profile picture.

In any case, the two key offers in terms of Ledwik's potential are probably Baylor and Oklahoma State. While the Bears put out quite a few offers, if Baylor offensive line coach Randy Clements and Oklahoma State offensive line coach Joe Wickline think that Ledwik can play, he probably can.

Ledwik told ESPN that he doesn't have a timetable to make a decision ($) in the near future, so this isn't going to be an open-and-shut recruitment for the La Grange product and Texas, perhaps in part because the Longhorns really hadn't been recruiting him at all before Sunday, besides taking the opportunity to extend the camp invite.

He committed to the Aggies today!!!

FB-fanatic
06-15-2013, 04:43 PM
He committed to the Aggies today!!!

Woooppp!

Weebe
06-15-2013, 06:05 PM
He has stated that he grew up a Longhorns fan.

Pretty indicative of the direction the programs seem to be heading.

Scoop27
06-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't buy that

Weebe
06-15-2013, 08:25 PM
“Well my grandpa and grandma are Longhorns. My mom told them I committed to A&M. I’ll see them tomorrow and see what all they say (laughing),” he said. “I haven’t even told my dad yet because he’s off-shore. My sister is a die-hard Texas fan and she already texted me that I was disowned (laughing).”

Matthew328
06-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Ledwik pretty much told me the same thing...caught me off guard to see him commit..but he seems like a great kid who thinks things through...

Scoop27
06-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Why would any sensible kid play for the Aggies instead of the Longhorns-I still don't buy this

hookandladder
06-16-2013, 12:58 PM
I talked to Zach this morning , he said his visit at A&M was head and shoulders above his visit anywhere else. He was very excited about going to A&M , I am a big Longhorns fan however I am very excited that Zach is going to a school of his choice. Good Luck to Zach, wish him all the best and yes he is a great kid.

navscanmaster
06-17-2013, 08:37 AM
I talked to Zach this morning , he said his visit at A&M was head and shoulders above his visit anywhere else. He was very excited about going to A&M , I am a big Longhorns fan however I am very excited that Zach is going to a school of his choice. Good Luck to Zach, wish him all the best and yes he is a great kid.well said!