PDA

View Full Version : NEED INFO ON LIBERTY!!!

Bobkat
11-11-2002, 01:51 PM
I don't know alot about the Liberty Panthers. I know they have a quality team and that my Bobcats are really going to have to play a great game to come away with a victory. What do they like to do on offense and defense? Are they big and slow, big and fast...what? What type of offense do they like to run. Basically what are their strengths and weaknesses. Thanks in advance!!!

AggieJohn
11-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Bobkat:
I don't know alot about the Liberty Panthers. I know they have a quality team and that my Bobcats are really going to have to play a great game to come away with a victory. What do they like to do on offense and defense? Are they big and slow, big and fast...what? What type of offense do they like to run. Basically what are their strengths and weaknesses. Thanks in advance!!!How bout this...i get stats for a little pre-game show that we tape here in liberty...give me some insights and i'll give you some

QBKilla
11-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Bobkat, Liberty runs the wishbone and runs it fairly well. The two half backs, E. Moss and Trahan, are very hard runners and are tough to bring down. Trahan, #40, fumbles a lot but Moss usually hangs on to the ball. Both are still threats to take it the distance though. The QB is a soph and is a good operator. He handles the ball well, he isn't great but he aint half bad either. By the way, when #80 comes in the game they are most likely throwing to him. Their defense is also pretty good. They run to the ball well and are pretty physical. The LB's aren't All-Americans as you might have heard but are above average. Good luck to both teams but I have to pull for my 22-3A counterpart. Go get em Panthers.

Bobkat
11-11-2002, 03:26 PM
Thanks QBkilla...good luck to yall against those Cardinals.

Explayer2001, here are a few stats I found...

Sep 6 2002 CANC Huffman .
Sep 6 2002 6:00PM PN-G lost 15-21
Sep 13 2002 7:30PM Hull-Daisetta Won 12 - 0
Sep 20 2002 7:30PM East Chambers Won 20 - 0
Sep 27 2002 7:30PM Kountze Won 28 - 20
Oct 5 2002 7:30PM Bridge City Lost 0 - 36
Oct 11 2002 7:30PM Anahuac Won 20 - 10
Oct 18 2002 7:30PM Hamshire-Fannett Won 17-0
Oct 25 2002 7:30PM Buna Won 14 - 0
Nov 1 2002 7:30PM Hardin-Jefferson Won 23 - 6
Nov 8 2002 7:30PM Hardin Won 32 - 12

ORANGEFIELD BOBCATS FOOTBALL TEAM LEADERS

RUSHING

Player Att Yds Avg Td's

Alex Sauceda 240 1749 7.3 14
Luke Agerton 41 224 5.5 5
Joss Goss 12 104 8.7 2
PASSING

Player Comp. Att Int Yd's Td's

John Modica 54 121 5 758 1

RECEIVING

Player Recpt. Yds. Avg. Td's

Ryan DuBose 12 154 12.8 0
Austin Farias 12 144 12 0
Luke Agerton 5 99 19.8 1
Jerry Kibodeaux 5 74 14.8 0
Tony Hernandez 3 35 11.7 0
Paul Mansfield 2 60 30 0
Adam Williams 2 19 9.5 0

INTERCEPTIONS

Player No.

Ronnie Braden 5
Austin Farias 2

Just a few stats on the year. Orangefield has a solid football team. They're not real fancy, just line up on offense and run the ball. We have a pretty good tailback in Sauceda and a solid fullback in Agerton. They haven't had to throw the ball much this season because of they're success on the ground, but they can put it in the air if they need to. Defensively they really get to the ball. The defensive line and linebackers are solid. Secondary is probably the strongest part of the team. Corners are solid and safety Aaron Williams might possible be an all-state candidate. Everyone needs to remember that Orangefield wasn't suppose to be in the playoffs this season. Many publications had them picked at the bottom of the pack in 21-3A and the kids fed off that. Almost every week they were picked to lose, but win after win kept coming. They play week to week and they truly know about the challenge they face this week against the Panthers. Orangefield has nothing to lose, because they weren't expected to be here in the first place. Of course the Cats want to win, but win or lose it will have been a very successful season for a great group of young men. Go luck to both teams, should be a good one.

trojandad
11-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Ok, Bobkat, my take on Liberty. I've always felt Liberty's strength is their line, both "O" and "D". Their center was all state mention last year and should be this year, too. They are a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" team. Killa is right, they are a classic veer team, methodical and strong. They have good backs that have decent straight line speed, not as many moves as I thought they would have, though.

Against us, they only ran pitches to the outside once, all other times they cut the pitches inside. Sometimes I thought that they should trust their speed to the outside more and make a guy miss out there, even if they might not outrun them. At least a few of those would set up the inside cutbacks. The good thing to their advantage, though, is that with their line being the strongest part of their game, they can change backs in and out if injuries came up.

I just really believe that the home field advantage gives them the edge here. I definitely feel that they will represent the third team from 22 3-A better than this years Cleveland team would have. Liberty is much more physical. With them having home field, this will be as close to a 22 3-A sweep as I think we could have. If we all keep our minds straight, that is.

BigRed01
11-11-2002, 07:55 PM
A 22-3A sweep? Come on, is this the same team that was trounced by my Cardinals earlier in the year. True we got the Bobcats also, but I would say the Bobcats will beat ya'll by 14 at least, as well as BC over BH by 10. Hardin and Coldspring may be your best bet for a win over 21-3A. It does always surprise me how every single year, this distict touts a win, but rarely ever produces one. BH is by far your best team, and my Cardinals will really have to come to play to beat them, but Orangefield and Liberty. Ya'll will be lucky the Bobcats don't put the smoke on ya'll. Good luck. :D

Old Cardinal
11-11-2002, 08:49 PM
I think that OF has the momentum to win....I hope John Derr has another good game. Those Bobcats have worked real hard to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. Who knows how far 21-3A can go? Those same folks from 22-3A have again proclaimed a clean sweep over all three 21-3A teams. I really think that we will all do OK.

trojandad
11-11-2002, 09:48 PM
Well, to be fair, "this district" as you put it was primarily made up by Coldspring, Tarkington, Cleveland and Shepherd, then had BH, Huffman and Liberty moved in, so they are closer to being your district than ours. LOL But I'll say this, a sweep by either district wouldn't be a great upset, three good grind em out teams representing each district. Just whoever wins Saturday, don't stop for several levels.