PDA

View Full Version : Rockport places to eat

Scoop27
06-07-2013, 11:33 AM
We are making a day trip to Rockport next week for my wife's birthday. Does anyone know any good seafood restaurant suggestions?
Couldn't find but a couple in google search
Thanks for any help

panfan
06-07-2013, 12:00 PM
We are making a day trip to Rockport next week for my wife's birthday. Does anyone know any good seafood restaurant suggestions?
Couldn't find but a couple in google search
Thanks for any help

Crab 'N heading towards aransas passs is very good. Some folks like the Big Fisherman just outisde of Rock Port. There is a Boiling Pot there in town if you want a Cajun Boil, and there is a good mexican seafood place I think called las Camales there in town as well (seafood nachos - mmmmm...). For a good seafood dinner, Crab N is pretty durn tasty.

MUSTANG69
06-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Alice Fay's and Charlotte Plummers

I'm pretty sure the Big Fisherman is closed down.

44INAROW
06-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Alice Fay's and Charlotte Plummers

I'm pretty sure the Big Fisherman is closed down.

ALice Fays and Charlotte Plummers are both good.. We went to Big Fisherman (not my choice) last year, and it happened to be Spring Break on a Sunday about 3pm - they were out of everything except fish. Wouldn't surprise me if they were closed. It just wasn't the same as it had been in the past.
Shempys- on the highway between AP and Rockport - across the street from City by the Sea. There is a liquor store next door.. Very good food.. it's on the right side of the road heading south.http://www.stxmaps.com/go/shempys.html

MUSTANG69
06-07-2013, 04:18 PM
JD's between Aransas Pass and Rockport is good also. A little pricey but good food and good service.

panfan
06-07-2013, 04:26 PM
JD's between Aransas Pass and Rockport is good also. A little pricey but good food and good service.

that sounds like Crab N - did they change the name or just two different places?

Scoop27
06-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, it will be a good out of town trip for a change of scenery. We haven't been to Rockport in over 10 years seems like

MUSTANG69
06-07-2013, 04:54 PM
that sounds like Crab N - did they change the name or just two different places?

No, it's not Crab-N. Same side of the road but closer to Rockport. I think it used to be called Uncle Billie's Wife's Place or something like that.

panfan
06-07-2013, 05:00 PM
No, it's not Crab-N. Same side of the road but closer to Rockport. I think it used to be called Uncle Billie's Wife's Place or something like that.

I'll try it when I'm down there this summer. Thanks!