PDA

View Full Version : off-season, anyone?

Burnet-05
02-22-2003, 11:17 PM
just wanted to see how all the off-season (football) programs were going...i can tell you one thing-burnet will be ready for state again next year, that's for damn sure.

X21AAAPlayer
02-23-2003, 01:53 PM
Bridge City's J.V. offensive line was much larger than the Varsity offensive line this year. If the coaches do what their good at(working the dog out of them) they will be a definite threat next year. I am not for sure but I know they outweighed us by about 30 pounds each. A couple of them are 250+. We'll have to see how they come out. Also there are numberous lettermen returning this year. Yes they have lost our senior class but if they work hard enough and put heart into all they do... they will succeed.

Old Cardinal
02-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Bridge City finally has some big kids coming up; but I was impressed with those 9th graders, not only are they huge but they are top-notched athletes. Thew went undefeated and no one scored more that 8 points on that defense. One of the toughest battles I saw this season was a 9th grade game between Bridge City and Jasper. Talk about big ole rough kids on both sides of the ball, it ended 12-0 for Bridge City. But I have a feeling they will meet again in a few years.