PDA

View Full Version : Sideline to Sideline Greatest 3A Team Since 1980 Elite 8 Show

Gsquared
06-07-2013, 06:53 AM
upppp!!!!!!!!!!

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1424329

Gsquared
06-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Upset in there

regaleagle
06-08-2013, 03:46 PM
It seems to me that trying to pick a "greatest team" since 1980(33yrs) is somewhat of walk down futility lane, lol. While I"ll agree that it's fun to remenisc about great teams in 3A over the years, trying to get a grasp on how they would compete against one another from one decade or era to the next with all the changes that have taken place in high school football over that span is like comparing today's professional baseball to that of the eighties. With all the changes in rules, offensive philosophies, better coaching staffs, stronger and more physical linemen, the speed of the game and the average speed of the players......and on and on.....I don't see how you can declare a real winner here. Now if you were to compare teams of only the last 10 yrs. or so, then I think you could possibly come up with a team that might be considered greatest for that time span.

Gsquared
06-08-2013, 04:00 PM
It seems to me that trying to pick a "greatest team" since 1980(33yrs) is somewhat of walk down futility lane, lol. While I"ll agree that it's fun to remenisc about great teams in 3A over the years, trying to get a grasp on how they would compete against one another from one decade or era to the next with all the changes that have taken place in high school football over that span is like comparing today's professional baseball to that of the eighties. With all the changes in rules, offensive philosophies, better coaching staffs, stronger and more physical linemen, the speed of the game and the average speed of the players......and on and on.....I don't see how you can declare a real winner here. Now if you were to compare teams of only the last 10 yrs. or so, then I think you could possibly come up with a team that might be considered greatest for that time span.
What you have just said is a huge challenge but just trying to take it on. Right or wrong in the end, it's been fun

cowboyandchrist
06-09-2013, 07:51 AM

I f you have watched high school football like I have for the last 50 years and I have watched some of the best in all classifications. You would know without a doubt that Daingerfield 1983 was a once in a life time freak of nature in 3A football. 560 plays run against that defense in 16 games for a grand total of 560 feet, not yards, but feet. Would teams since score on them, you would have to say yes, but I am not so sure. Go back and look at the video of the state championship game. Sweeeny never crossed the fifty yard line. The D linemen were big, fast, and strong. The linebackers and DB'S were the fastest on the field.

Eagle1
06-09-2013, 01:38 PM
My top picks would be
1. 83 dangerfield
2. 80 Pittsburg might be off on year
3. 01 or 00 everman might be off on year
4. Tie between 07 liberty hill, 08 Carthage, or 12 navasota

Ville-D
06-10-2013, 11:04 AM
When is the 2013 Season Preview Show?