PDA

View Full Version : Another Shipley to Burnet

Cam
06-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Although not related to the original Burnet Shipleys, Coach Jones has hired asst. coach Steven Shipley from Midland Lee. Anybody know of him?

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/06/04/new-face-with-familiar-name-now-assistant-coach-for-burnet-football-team/#.Ua924U4o7IU

LHPfactory
06-05-2013, 01:26 PM
No havent heard of him....

How did your boys group do in 7on7 last night. The LH incoming 8th graders never formed a team.

I coached our incoming 7th graders, I was to busy to look for you.

Cam
06-05-2013, 05:11 PM
No havent heard of him....

How did your boys group do in 7on7 last night. The LH incoming 8th graders never formed a team.

I coached our incoming 7th graders, I was to busy to look for you.

yeah, I saw some purple jerseys out there....made me feel kinda nauseous!...:p....you and me must have been standin' right next to each other then!....in fact we might have rubbed asses!....a lot of folks out there yesterday packed like sardines in between fields...our boys did OK for a bunch of rookies. That was their first ever 7 on 7. Went 2-1. Beat two Lampasas teams and lost to Llano by a score. Ran out of time on their final drive. Llano has some good boys! They have a tall QB who can chunk it!.... I remember how tough they played us last season in real football. We had to squeak that one out! I expect them to be even better this year. It's obvious Burnet has some special athletes in this group. You can't teach speed and they got some. They should play better in the coming weeks. The QB situation is looking good. Looks like last years starter and two other kids will battle it out. All have good arms. One kid has a height advantage and probably the strongest arm. So it will be interesting when the fall rolls around. Best thing is they're all good friends and really great kids (smart too!) so it should all work itself out...

LHPfactory
06-05-2013, 06:14 PM
yeah, I saw some purple jerseys out there....made me feel kinda nauseous!...:p....you and me must have been standin' right next to each other then!....in fact we might have rubbed asses!....a lot of folks out there yesterday packed like sardines in between fields...our boys did OK for a bunch of rookies. That was their first ever 7 on 7. Went 2-1. Beat two Lampasas teams and lost to Llano by a score. Ran out of time on their final drive. Llano has some good boys! They have a tall QB who can chunk it!.... I remember how tough they played us last season in real football. We had to squeak that one out! I expect them to be even better this year. It's obvious Burnet has some special athletes in this group. You can't teach speed and they got some. They should play better in the coming weeks. The QB situation is looking good. Looks like last years starter and two other kids will battle it out. All have good arms. One kid has a height advantage and probably the strongest arm. So it will be interesting when the fall rolls around. Best thing is they're all good friends and really great kids (smart too!) so it should all work itself out...

Yeah the incoming 7th grade group I was coaching is very talented. They went 3-0, yes 3-0 for LH in a passing game. These class of 2019 boys from LH are good. We played in a couple of tournaments against the Leander/Cedar Park incoming 7th grade classes and had the same results in May. This incoming group has athletes and hogs, all are football smart and very physical, a deadly combination with the Slot-T..... :)

Cam
06-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Yeah the incoming 7th grade group I was coaching is very talented. They went 3-0, yes 3-0 for LH in a passing game. These class of 2019 boys from LH are good. We played in a couple of tournaments against the Leander/Cedar Park incoming 7th grade classes and had the same results in May. This incoming group has athletes and hogs, all are football smart and very physical, a deadly combination with the Slot-T..... :)

I glanced over to watch them purple shirts....definitely looked like some good kids....maybe LH needs to go to the spread??...LOL......As fast as LH is growing I'm wondering if LH & Burnet will even be in the same classification in a few years......

Well shoot!....looks like nobody knows about Midland Lee's Steven Shipley....I'll have to probe deeper..uhhh, I shouldn't have used that "probe" word after yesterday!........anyways, welcome to Burnet Steven you sumbitch!!...:D