PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy's OC...

D'Highlander
06-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Thoughts?
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9341970/bill-callahan-call-dallas-cowboys-offensive-plays

Old Tiger
06-04-2013, 03:47 PM
doesn't matter, franchise is a dumpster fire

bobcat1
06-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Yea he did just great at Oakland and at Nebraska.:rolleyes:

D'Highlander
06-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Yea he did just great at Oakland and at Nebraska.:rolleyes:

All I know is he was the O-Line coach last year and that was about the worst O-line in the league.

bobcat1
06-04-2013, 04:09 PM
All I know is he was the O-Line coach last year and that was about the worst O-line in the league.

Right so let's give him more responsibility. That only makes sense if you are Jerry Jones. Kinda does though if you think about it. At least Jerry can blame it on Bill and make a change while keeping Garrett.:rolleyes:

Roughneck93
06-04-2013, 06:18 PM
What a circus...

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2013, 01:53 AM
i think people are underrating him

First off he is considered one of the best OL coaches in the NFL...Dallas had a legend in Hudson Houck and the OL sucked..sometimes it is not the coaching but simply lack of talent.

When he was OC in Oakland they led league in rushng one year and passing in another

When he was at Neb the defense was the problem not the offense, they set a ton of school records for passing and offensive production

When he was OL coach for Jets in 08 they had 3 pro bowlers and in 09 they went back and the Jets broke franchise record for rushing yards

He is one of the good coaches Dallas has and I think he will be fine as the OC as long as Red Headed Jesus lets him truly be the OC

Old Tiger
06-05-2013, 02:16 AM
i think people are underrating him

First off he is considered one of the best OL coaches in the NFL...Dallas had a legend in Hudson Houck and the OL sucked..sometimes it is not the coaching but simply lack of talent.

When he was OC in Oakland they led league in rushng one year and passing in another

When he was at Neb the defense was the problem not the offense, they set a ton of school records for passing and offensive production

When he was OL coach for Jets in 08 they had 3 pro bowlers and in 09 they went back and the Jets broke franchise record for rushing yards

He is one of the good coaches Dallas has and I think he will be fine as the OC as long as Red Headed Jesus lets him truly be the OC

Oakland's line ranked in the late 20s in the league last year. It didn't appear they got better as the season went along.

Of course they set a lot of school records for passing at Nebraska because they were passing at Nebraska.

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Oakland's line ranked in the late 20s in the league last year. It didn't appear they got better as the season went along.

Of course they set a lot of school records for passing at Nebraska because they were passing at Nebraska.

what does last year in Oakland matter?

Old Tiger
06-05-2013, 03:56 AM
what does last year in Oakland matter?

misread your post....

but hell even looking at the jets there offensive line was terrible the last two years.

Ranked #6 in sacks allowed with 47
Ranked #27 in average yards per rush at 3.8

Ranked #13 in sacks allowed with 39
Ranked #29 in average yards per rush at 3.8

D'Highlander
06-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Right so let's give him more responsibility. That only makes sense if you are Jerry Jones. Kinda does though if you think about it. At least Jerry can blame it on Bill and make a change while keeping Garrett.:rolleyes:

I think your point is the only way to make sense out of this mess.

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2013, 09:22 AM
misread your post....

but hell even looking at the jets there offensive line was terrible the last two years.

Ranked #6 in sacks allowed with 47
Ranked #27 in average yards per rush at 3.8

Ranked #13 in sacks allowed with 39
Ranked #29 in average yards per rush at 3.8

he was not with Jets in 2012