PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny Baseball Job open

Dogs_21
06-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Just heard this from a friend. Heard Coach Carter was reassigned.

maestro
06-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Always the saddest/ugliest parts of a head coaching change.

I assume that is what caused this.

Scoop27
06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Scott did a great job for Sweeny-I've known him since when he coached at Boling, coming from Louisiana where he called home
My neighbor told me about this on Monday night but didn't want to post it until it was actually confirmed.
I also heard the opening for the advertisement for Carter's replacement was posted yesterday as well.
I feel sorry for him and his family.

Roughneck93
06-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Wow...:eek:

SHSBulldog00
06-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Coach Carter will be at Sweeny....just not on the diamond.

Scoop27
06-04-2013, 07:58 PM
What subject in school does he teach?

XMan
06-05-2013, 07:16 AM
What is the deal? They were ranked #1 and had a pretty good season. Did he win too much or did too few of his guys play football? Bring back Loesch.

Lucky2Coach
06-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Welcome to Sweeny! I don't know the reason why this happened, but I do know that the none of the blame will stick to the Supt. and he is the cause of everthing in that district... good or bad! Nothing in athletics happens without his say so!!!

msu97
06-05-2013, 08:40 AM
been in this situation before... totally sucks...

Scoop27
06-05-2013, 10:20 AM
I've known Sweeny's Super for just about forever when he played football for Needville way back when and they played against my cousin's team in Boling. I can't imagine him having something against coach Carter. Guess he thought it was time for a change. This happens in other schools as well. Don't think it had anything to do that the Bulldogs didn't do better in the playoffs. Look at all the other teams in the state that don't have as good programs as Sweeny has. Even though Scott will stay in Sweeny, I still sorry for him and how this was handled. He could find a lot of jobs in the state if he wanted. I can't say enough for how well we had respect for each other during his tenure at Boling and Sweeny.

maestro
06-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Scoop

Didn't Sweeny change sups??

Scoop27
06-05-2013, 10:52 AM
I thought Randy Miksch was still the Super-At least that's what ISD webpage has
Guess they changed and didn't update the website page

Lucky2Coach
06-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Scoop

Didn't Sweeny change sups??

Sweeny did not change the Supt. It is still Randy Miksch. This was done to the basketball coach a few years ago as well.

The new AD may have done the reassignment, but I guarantee the Supt. approves of it. That is how it works in Sweeny!!!!

JohnnyPaycheck2
06-11-2013, 08:09 PM
How many fooseball coaches with that much success would be reassigned? Bottom line...new fooseball guru was intimidated by the success of the Dog hardball program and didn't want to play second fiddle...

Coach Carter is more than likely headed to the golden triangle...Port Neches Groves...He will do great there.

State tournament team last year...THSBCA All Star Game coach...playoffs every year he has been there...a ton of kids playing in college...over 200+wins in 10 years...and gets reassigned...great management there hoss!
People of Sweeny...your tax dollars pay for people to make these retarded, illogical, stupid decisions...
Scott, Sweeny's loss is PNG's gain! Welcome to the Reservation! Go NDN's!

maestro
06-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Is paycheck2 THE PAYCHECK???!!!

Always welcome your opinions

Sadly, I believe that Coach Carter and his predecessor BOTH did their fair share of coaching a solid football season.

Football and baseball are a good combo for Sweeny for years.

Sweeny baseball will have continued success but THAT DOES NOT make the change correct.

Now some coaches will come on here and say, " well it comes with the job"

JohnnyPaycheck2
06-11-2013, 08:42 PM
I am back! Happy as heck for Scott and his new gig. Whoever lands the baseball job at sweeny...beware...if the new fooseball coach will run off a VERY successful coach, you better mind your p's and q's....or you'll be run outta town too.

PNG got em a good 'un.

Weebe
06-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Sweeny did not change the Supt. It is still Randy Miksch. This was done to the basketball coach a few years ago as well.

The new AD may have done the reassignment, but I guarantee the Supt. approves of it. That is how it works in Sweeny!!!!

Was the basketball coach pushed out to be replaced by Miksch's son? I believe he is their current basketball coach.

He also was the guy who was supposedly initially selected to be the new AD only to be overturned by the school board.

I think he is also an assistant principal all before the age of 30.

Sounds like someone has him on the fast track.

Scoop27
06-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Guess Sweeny can be a pressure pot in all sports. Wasn't Mike Treybig forced to resign from there as football coach some years ago?

baseballcoach13
06-11-2013, 11:19 PM
PNG got em a good 'un.

+1. He will do well there. As he has every where he's been.

maestro
06-12-2013, 06:27 AM
Was the basketball coach pushed out to be replaced by Miksch's son? I believe he is their current basketball coach.

He also was the guy who was supposedly initially selected to be the new AD only to be overturned by the school board.

I think he is also an assistant principal all before the age of 30.

Sounds like someone has him on the fast track.

Yes, Coach Hooker had lead the hoops team to the regional tourney and had the rug yanked from him for a super's son.

SHSBulldog00
06-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Good Luck to Coach Carter at PNG and I want to wish you continued success.

Roughneck93
06-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Read in today's local paper that Bay City coach David Luster will be taking over in Sweeny.

Good luck coach...and Go Necks! :)