PDA

View Full Version : Cant Miss Games of 2013

Saggy Aggie
06-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Trying to get a schedule together so that I can see some great games this year. I'll be making a few of West Columbia's games just because thats my team... but I'm willing to travel pretty far to see some good games.

West Columbia's schedule is as follows:

Aug 30 - @ Brazosport - 7:30 pm

Sep 6 - Needville (Parent's Night) - 7:30 pm

Sep 13 - @ Wharton - 7:30 pm

Sep 20 - @ Houston Kashmere - 7:00 pm

Sep 27 - Hempstead (Homecoming) - 7:30 pm

Oct 4 - Bay City (Band Night) - 7:30 pm

Oct 11 - @ Stafford* - 7:30 pm

Oct 18 - Sweeny* - 7:30 pm

Oct 25 - KIPP Sunnyside* - 7:30 pm

Nov 1 - La Marque* (Hall of Honor) - 7:30 pm

Nov 8 - Open

I'd like to go to the Brazosport (first game), Sweeny and LM games... so Aug 30th, Oct 18th & Nov 1st are outta play. Hempstead game is sorta appealing as well. I'll need to take off work for certain games so i need dates. I'm outta school now and ill have a couple nickels to blow on gas money so travel isnt THAT big of a concern. I'm willing to drive for the right matchup.

Teams that I have a particular interest in...

Navasota - Just because I like them and have seen them every year for the last 5 years probably. Have grown to be a closet rattlers fan.
Gilmer - They should be pretty damn good this year
Carthage - same
Argyle - Very good team these last couple years but have never had a chance to see the eagles play
WOS - should be good
Stephenville/brownwood - never seen em play
Bellville - Theyve been pretty good these last 2 years
LM - though I will see them in week 9
Celina - Never seen em play in person

Also, I'd be willing to drive to see any decently ranked teams matched up.

I'm also interested in 2A games, particularly East bernard and Cameron this year.

Local (greater houston area) 4A & 5A games would work as well.

Yoe_09
06-02-2013, 09:22 PM
With regards to Cameron, I would recommend:

1a. Cameron Yoe Vs. Rockdale - Big rivalry. It will be a packed house.
1b. Waco Connally Vs. Cameron Yoe - 1st game of the season, and could easily be the toughest through the non-district and district schedule. If the Yoemen win this game, watch out.
2. Cameron Yoe Vs. Lago Vista - Lago Vista could be the "biggest" game throughout district play. I know they are upgrading their facilities in Lago, but if they are not complete, I would not recommend going to this one.
3. Cameron Yoe Vs. McGregor/Marlin/Salado - McGregor, Marlin, and Salado could be the other teams that make the playoffs in the district. Don't be surprised to see Troy sneak in there. Academy could compete. Strong and deep district.
4. Lexington Vs. Cameron Yoe - On paper this game looks appealing. Lexington lost some big time players and most recently their coach. We will see what happens in week 1 vs. Crockett.

bigwood33
06-02-2013, 09:46 PM
I would think that the Celina v Argyle game in Week 10 (Nov 8) would be a great one to see. It's a long way for you but will be played in Argyle...just in case you're interested.

Saggy Aggie
06-02-2013, 10:03 PM
I would think that the Celina v Argyle game in Week 10 (Nov 8) would be a great one to see. It's a long way for you but will be played in Argyle...just in case you're interested.

That would be a beast of a drive, but if both of those teams are ranked high at the end of the season, i just might have to make the trip. I know a couple people who would go with me so the drive wouldnt be too bad i dont think.

SHSBulldog00
06-03-2013, 10:45 PM
#13 Coppell vs. #4 Allen on September 27

Those are their Max Preps National Rankings

mwrams
06-04-2013, 05:45 AM
#13 Coppell vs. #4 Allen on September 27

Those are their Max Preps National Rankings

A cant miss game would be any game my son was playing in no matter what power house or 0-9 team we were playing....Now he is on his second deployment...Darn I miss those days....

CTS
06-04-2013, 05:50 AM
Week 1: Texas City at La Marque. "The Battle by the Bay" will feature a top 10 4A team (Texas City) that is LOADED this year vs. a Top 10 3A team. This game will be an absolute war with a playoff atmosphere.

Week 2: La Marque at Coldspring. LM has to travel to the Trojans. These two teams have turned into major rivals after splitting two games last year. Throw in that they know they will probably meet in the playoffs again later in the season and it makes for a great game and rivalry.

Week 3; La Marque vs. Lamar Consolidated at Reliant Stadium. Cougars are playing a perennial 4A playoff team and 2007 State Champion at Reliant Stadium.

Week 4: La Marque at St. Pius X. LM (11-2) and SPX (9-3) move game to Thursday to play on live TV. Game is also SPX homecoming and is the 20th anniversary of SPX '93 State Champion team that was coached by the current LM head coach. Will be tons of emotion on both sides for a non-district match up.

Week 8: Dallas Bishop Lynch at La Marque. TAPPS Semi-finalist beat several 5A and 4A schools last year. Last years game was a 12-0 LM win in Dallas. Tough game for the Cougars right in the middle of their 24-AAA schedule.

buckeyebob
06-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Week 4: Tyler Chapel Hill at Henderson
Week 5: Gilmer at Tyler Chapel Hill
Week 6: Gilmer vs. Henderson at Longview
Week 8: Tyler Chapel Hill at Kilgore
Week 9: Kilgore at Henderson
Week 10: Gilmer at Kilgore

Gilmer Vs Henderson will be in Longview Lobo on a Saturday night...packed to the gills

lostaussie
06-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Week 4: Tyler Chapel Hill at Henderson
Week 5: Gilmer at Tyler Chapel Hill
Week 6: Gilmer vs. Henderson at Longview
Week 8: Tyler Chapel Hill at Kilgore
Week 9: Kilgore at Henderson
Week 10: Gilmer at Kilgore

Gilmer Vs Henderson will be in Longview Lobo on a Saturday night...packed to the gillsPrestonwood @Gilmer............I hope there is some payback from the BEATING they put on us last year:D Evidently we have a big game every week:D

Cam
06-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Liberty Hill vs. Burnet.....always a good one!.....LH goes down!.....:stirpot:

jason
06-04-2013, 09:33 AM
venus vs hillsboro
will probably be for the fourth playoff spot out of district 7

D'Highlander
06-04-2013, 12:00 PM
venus vs hillsboro
will probably be for the fourth playoff spot out of district 7

:thinking:I think I am taking 1A Hico in this one (they have beaten Hillsboro 3 or 4 years in a row now)

Tejastrue
06-04-2013, 01:44 PM
I'd like to say Wimberley @ Giddings but not quite sure what to expect from either team this year. The Liberty Hill game is another one.

hollywood
06-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Trying to get a schedule together so that I can see some great games this year. I'll be making a few of West Columbia's games just because thats my team... but I'm willing to travel pretty far to see some good games.

Stephenville/brownwood - never seen em play

They won't play this season... unless both make it to the playoffs. :D

There have been some great games in years past.

BEAST
06-04-2013, 02:17 PM
They won't play this season... unless both make it to the playoffs. :D

There have been some great games in years past.

Oh my. Where do I even start. What colors did you wear?

BEAST

JacketSwarm
06-05-2013, 12:02 PM
you could always pencil in the 3a d1 state championship game and watch Stephenville repeat

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Saggy I think you need to make a trips with us this year

D'Highlander
06-05-2013, 02:26 PM
you could always pencil in the 3a d1 state championship game and watch Stephenville repeat

If Stephenville can have some recievers step up and find someone to tote the rock I could agree with you. If that doesnt happen then I think someone from EastTexas wins it.

Saggy Aggie
06-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Saggy I think you need to make a trips with us this year

Time and place

lostaussie
06-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Time and place

Those guys are dangerous.............just saying

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Those guys are dangerous.............just saying

We are harmless sir

1971Coogs
06-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Week 1: Texas City at La Marque. "The Battle by the Bay" will feature a top 10 4A team (Texas City) that is LOADED this year vs. a Top 10 3A team. This game will be an absolute war with a playoff atmosphere.

Week 2: La Marque at Coldspring. LM has to travel to the Trojans. These two teams have turned into major rivals after splitting two games last year. Throw in that they know they will probably meet in the playoffs again later in the season and it makes for a great game and rivalry.

Week 3; La Marque vs. Lamar Consolidated at Reliant Stadium. Cougars are playing a perennial 4A playoff team and 2007 State Champion at Reliant Stadium.

Week 4: La Marque at St. Pius X. LM (11-2) and SPX (9-3) move game to Thursday to play on live TV. Game is also SPX homecoming and is the 20th anniversary of SPX '93 State Champion team that was coached by the current LM head coach. Will be tons of emotion on both sides for a non-district match up.

Week 8: Dallas Bishop Lynch at La Marque. TAPPS Semi-finalist beat several 5A and 4A schools last year. Last years game was a 12-0 LM win in Dallas. Tough game for the Cougars right in the middle of their 24-AAA schedule.Although it's not been as big of a game as it has been over the decades...but the game against Galveston Ball High (08/30/13) will have plenty of hype. Kimble Anders is the new AD/HC for Ball High. He is a Ball High grad, had an outstanding career at Univ. Houston and went on to play many years for the Kansas City Chiefs ( 3-time pro-bowls). The fan base on "The Rock" (Galveston) is ecstatic with new expectations of returning back to a solid program. So...."The Clash of the Causeway" should be media packed this year. :)

lostaussie
06-06-2013, 12:28 PM
we are harmless sir yep:D

Rabid Cougar
06-08-2013, 12:43 AM
China Spring Vs. Alvarado in CSWeek 4

Could be interesting following the brawl this past season.

movethechain
06-08-2013, 12:57 PM
We are harmless sir

Skunks don't stink to themselves either. :p

toddg
06-08-2013, 06:25 PM
China Spring Vs. Alvarado in CSWeek 4

Could be interesting following the brawl this past season.

yeah, that was an unfortunate incident in an otherwise very good game..still should be an interesting game, was down there for my sons freshman game last year, looking fwd to going down there again this year..hopefully the "interesting" will be good football.

Saggy Aggie
06-10-2013, 10:30 PM
I think I wanna see the East Bernard/Rice Consol game on sept 20