PDA

View Full Version : Newton Vs Giddings

untamedguierilla
12-03-2001, 11:20 PM
This will be a great game! I will travel to see this showdown. My prediction Newton 17-Giddings 28--Buffs secure the pass and run-Balanced attack/ Newton's run offense can not compare to Giddings balanced attack.

Husker98
12-04-2001, 09:38 AM
This is going to be a great game, but Newton has a balanced attack also. They have real good wide-outs, and one of the best tight ends in the state. All of their receivers have a the speed to go the distance, too. Newton hasn't had to pass that much this year because their running game is so good. If Giddings slows down the running game, you can bet Barbay will pull some pass plays out of his sleeve.
Newton 28-15

duckbutter
12-04-2001, 10:35 AM
Newton can and will throw the ball if they need to. But why throw when you can rush for 550 yds a game.

untamedguierilla
12-04-2001, 11:37 AM
yes, that is so true. One question? Have you seen the rushing stats from Giddings Vs Diboll!!! Compare Giddings rushing and passing stats to Newton's.

duckbutter
12-04-2001, 12:03 PM
The thing is you really cant compare the stats between the two teams because they played different people. Now if Newton had played Diboll then we could compare the stats. All I'm saying is that Newton can and will throw the ball if they need to, but why do it if you don't. Newton has an explosive offense and i just don't see Giddings shutting them down. They may slow them down but they won't stop them.

3Aroy
12-04-2001, 01:24 PM
I said last week that if Giddings beat Rice they would have some respect from me. They won and now they have my respect. I would like to congratulate them on a great win and a great season, but it has to end somewhere. Giddings has not seen an offense like Newton has. I am ready to see how Gidding's defense reacts to the speed of Newton's many tailbacks. Giddings does have an impressive defense, but it is not one that I feel can shut Newton down. I think that the offense of Newton will be the difference of this game. Newton by 9. (28-19)

oldbuff78
12-04-2001, 07:57 PM
FEAR THE HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

football_man
12-04-2001, 08:46 PM
I agree newton has a explosive offense. They have very fast and talented tailbacks, but they also have a very good line blocking for them. I dont think newtons offensive line has gotten enough credit. They had 540 rushing yards against china springs and let me tell you i was there and the and newtons offensive line was dominating the game. If they block like they did against china springs i look for another 300 plus rushing yards and giddings wont be able to stop them. Newton by 10
newton-20
giddings10
good luck to both teams