PDA

View Full Version : The most destructive owners and gm's in sports

ronwx5x
05-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Good ol' JJ makes the list! No surprise here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-turnstile/dreamcrushers-most-destructive-owners-gms-sports-141609708.html

Tejastrue
05-31-2013, 12:02 PM
I think you may have to add Mark Cuban's name very soon. Time will tell.

Macarthur
05-31-2013, 12:16 PM
I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I think him being on that list is a bit unfair.

I think the gripe of our playoff record is a legitimate gripe, but to list as one of the reason's he's on this list as our first round center taken at the very back of the first round is really nit picking. Really, T. Frederick is a reason given for him being on the list?

I think you could argue that Dallas' drafts the last couple of years have been pretty good and potentially very good if guys like Crawford and Wilbur take a step forward. I think his transgressions compared to some of those is unfair also. You can argue with his decisions, but you can never argue Jerry's desire to win. Some of the guys on that list could care less if their team ever wins a playoff game. And I'll tell you something else that goes very under reported, IMO, and that is just how much the Jones family does for DFW charities.

JJ can be a bafoon sometimes, but there are also a ton of sports fans that would like to have him as thier owner.

Txbroadcaster
05-31-2013, 12:51 PM
I think you may have to add Mark Cuban's name very soon. Time will tell.

never..he might end up making the wrong move or moves, but he is doing it to win, not for other reasons..and I agree with Mac..JJ is alot of things and yes he is frustrated, but he is not just trying to make a buck..he is trying to win, he just makes dumb decisions at the worst time..every other one on list either never won..or do things for money sake first

defense51
05-31-2013, 01:51 PM
I think Jerry Jones is a great owner, but a bonehead GM. Jerry's biggest problem is his ego, he has the will to win, but lack of "football intangibles" to be a good GM.

Tejastrue
05-31-2013, 01:58 PM
You are right Txb about Cuban. I may be just a bit angry still about the major dissection of that NBA championship team. I just think he owed it to the fans and Nowitzki for the chance of a repeat. A little tweak here and there the following season would have kept them formidable..Miami Heat or not. He has said once again the Mavs will be pursuing some major talent for next season. We shall see.

I agree with both of you about Jerry but one playoff win since 1996 continues to stand out and wreaks of complacency. I still think Garrett is the right HC and agree there have been some great additions from recent drafts.

Phil C
05-31-2013, 02:54 PM
I know the Cowboys haven't done well lately but I don't see how JJ belongs on the list when he was a big factor when the team won 3 super bowls in a 4 year period. Also I don't see how Mark could be there when he helped his team get a championship ring two years ago.

Rabid Cougar
05-31-2013, 03:19 PM
I know the Cowboys haven't done well lately but I don't see how JJ belongs on the list when he was a big factor when the team won 3 super bowls in a 4 year period. Also I don't see how Mark could be there when he helped his team get a championship ring two years ago.

He was good when he had no restrictions. The salary cap was put in place to "level the playing field" because of JJ. If they hadn't done that he would have probably won 10 more.

Tejastrue
05-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Robert Kraft has been the owner of the New England Patriots and comparable to JJ in NFL status and tenure for about the same amount of time. Salary cap may have been a factor but not an excuse for the Cowboys the last 15 plus years.

Tejastrue
05-31-2013, 05:06 PM

Come on Phil..I told Txb he was right about Cuban. :(