PDA

View Full Version : Hidalgo is OPEN

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Scott Ford leaves Hidalgo after 1 season. He is the new AD/HFC for Elysian Fields (2A)

Also, Freshman QB Shea Patterson (Arizona commit) has transferred out of Hidalgo to Shreveport, LA and will play for some Baptist school there I've never heard of. NOT Evangel Christian, though I would be shocked if he ends up there for his Jr. and Sr. years.

Unless a GOOD new coach comes in, Hidalgo's chances at building a really good program has just been flushed down the toilet.

Weebe
05-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Probably Calvary Baptist in Shreveport.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Probably Calvary Baptist in Shreveport.

Yessir, that's the place. I saw it in the news article, but couldn't recall the name off the top of my head.

SHSBulldog00
05-30-2013, 07:42 PM
How does this shake up the playoff picture for District 32 now?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-30-2013, 07:53 PM
How does this shake up the playoff picture for District 32 now?

It pretty much gives La Feria and Rio Hondo better chances at making the playoffs. It's a 5-team district, which includes the Mighty Red Ants of Progreso. That is unless Progreso (with their new head coach who only knows Soccer) can upset someone. But I doubt that will happen.

Don't get me wrong, though. Hidalgo has some very good talent. All they are lacking is a superior coach to take them to the next level. Scott Ford is a good one, but he split after 1 season. Why? I haven't the foggiest idea.

Roughneck93
05-30-2013, 08:04 PM
“This is all about geography, about having my son grow up 15 minutes away from his grandparents,”Ford told Action 4 News (http://www.valleycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=887276#.UXF7UyuG3Kw). “For anybody that thinks that this is all about heading for greener pastures, I’m taking a $25,000 pay cut, so that’s not it. A week ago, I never would have dreamed I would be leaving Hidalgo. But the search committee at Elysian Fields contacted me, and I had to jump at this chance to go back home.”

http://etsn.fm/scott-ford-elysian-fields-new-football-coach/

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-30-2013, 08:33 PM
“This is all about geography, about having my son grow up 15 minutes away from his grandparents,”Ford told Action 4 News (http://www.valleycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=887276#.UXF7UyuG3Kw). “For anybody that thinks that this is all about heading for greener pastures, I’m taking a $25,000 pay cut, so that’s not it. A week ago, I never would have dreamed I would be leaving Hidalgo. But the search committee at Elysian Fields contacted me, and I had to jump at this chance to go back home.”

http://etsn.fm/scott-ford-elysian-fields-new-football-coach/

Wow, thanks for that link. I don't think many in the RGV even saw this. I'll share it on the 956Sports boards.

Roughneck93
05-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Wow, thanks for that link. I don't think many in the RGV even saw this. I'll share it on the 956Sports boards.

Not a problem...:thumbsup:

Gone Fishing
05-30-2013, 09:18 PM
It is greener pastures for alot of the right reasons. good luck coach..

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-30-2013, 09:24 PM
It is greener pastures for alot of the right reasons. good luck coach..

What exactly do you mean by "the right reasons", sir?

Just wondering, is all.

Gone Fishing
05-30-2013, 09:30 PM
What exactly do you mean by "the right reasons", sir?

Just wondering, is all.

15 minutes from his grandperents would be my first thought. Not from down there so ,I have no agenda.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-30-2013, 09:32 PM
15 minutes from his grandperents would be my first thought. Not from down there so ,I have no agenda.

Ok good. I thought you were going to pull a "Pancho Villa" and go that direction. If you know what I mean.

Gone Fishing
05-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Ok good. I thought you were going to pull a "Pancho Villa" and go that direction. If you know what I mean.

Lol... I'm A REGION 4 FAN TO THE CORE, BUT NOT A PANCHO VILLA TYPE GUY!!! LOL....

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Lol... I'm A REGION 4 FAN TO THE CORE, BUT NOT A PANCHO VILLA TYPE GUY!!! LOL....

Well, that's good. I can't stand people who disrespect others just because of their geographical location or their racial makeup.

Gone Fishing
05-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Well, that's good. I can't stand people who disrespect others just because of their geographical location or their racial makeup.

Don't worry tarpon, we have been on the north side of region 4 for as long as I can remember , except in 08 and 09 when UIL stupidly put us in region 1. Been going south or south east for a long time. We ALL get no credit sometimes for the great athletes regardless of racial make up!!!!!!!! Wimberley has a record to be proud of , as many others in 4. And just so you know I follow and pull for all region 4 teams . ALL classes.