PDA

View Full Version : Boling Officially open as Permenter resigns

Scoop27
05-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Boling ISD Shannon Permenter announced his resignation today as AD football coach to his team
Think he just completed his 4th season last fall.
Not really surprising considering the team made the playoffs I think just once when he was there.
Will probably be taking an assistant's job somewhere. I think his wife is originally from Sweeny

maestro
05-29-2013, 08:33 PM
But he gets high marks for supporting and maintaining an overall successful athletic program at Boling isd.

On the girls side also, teams were always solid.

I believe this was his first head job.

Ernest T Bass
05-29-2013, 08:46 PM
He's taking a job in the town he lives in so he can coach his own kids.

Scoop27
05-29-2013, 09:30 PM
He never got slighted as an AD.
Just heard that former Louise coach Brent Tritschler (Offensive coach at Boling) could be promoted

Weebe
05-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Boling has a lot of talent. Rarely do much with it.

Crow22
05-30-2013, 05:57 AM
Boling ISD Shannon Permenter announced his resignation today as AD football coach to his team
Not really surprising considering the team made the playoffs I think just once when he was there.
Will probably be taking an assistant's job somewhere. I think his wife is originally from Sweeny

Boling made the playoffs twice during the 4 years. And Scoop, you have my permission to call me personally and ask questions before you start typing any misinformation to be put on a message board.

maestro
05-30-2013, 06:02 AM
Good luck coach in future coaching endeavors

bobcat1
05-30-2013, 07:24 AM

Boling made the playoffs twice during the 4 years. And Scoop, you have my permission to call me personally and ask questions before you start typing any misinformation to be put on a message board.

:1popcorn:

msu97
05-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Boling has a lot of talent. Rarely do much with it.

this is why some people do not need to type things that they do not know...

give me a holler sometime Crow22... be nice to catch up with you... good luck...
if we can score some points this year,( or not turn the ball over 3 times a game) we can make another deep run

Weebe
05-30-2013, 08:13 AM
this is why some people do not need to type things that they do not know...

give me a holler sometime Crow22... be nice to catch up with you... good luck...
if we can score some points this year,( or not turn the ball over 3 times a game) we can make another deep run

Are you disagreeing that Boling has talent?

msu97
05-30-2013, 08:33 AM
not like they used to, and Perm has done a phenomenal job since he has been there...

Weebe
05-30-2013, 08:37 AM
not like they used to, and Perm has done a phenomenal job since he has been there...

There is still talet there. It's not always the coaches fault. Wharton had similar problems before Wright was hired three years ago.

Matthew328
05-30-2013, 08:48 AM
boling made the playoffs twice during the 4 years. And scoop, you have my permission to call me personally and ask questions before you start typing any misinformation to be put on a message board.

zing!!!

Scoop27
05-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Iago junior high produces winning teams and has talent and it disappears in high school.
Since when you were labeled Mr Perfect Crow?

Scoop27
05-30-2013, 10:04 AM
By the way, my neighbor has been coaching football at Iago-longer there and has went through at least 10 Boling head coaches.

Matthew328
05-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Just a shot in the dark here but my guess is Crow is somewhat connected to the Boling situation? Just a hunch

Crow22
05-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Just a shot in the dark here but my guess is Crow is somewhat connected to the Boling situation? Just a hunch

Slightly.

And I'm pretty sure I'm as far from perfect as anyone can possibly be. And I'm also pretty sure I wasn't trying to start a flame war with scoop. Just didn't want misinformation being put out there. Boling has been one of the most amazing places I've worked. I will always be loyal to this program and its community. We have great kids here and I know they will be successful in the future. Its been an honor to work here.

db1980
05-30-2013, 02:19 PM
I have known Shannon all my life. He is a top notch guy, from a top notch family, and will do well anywhere he goes. I wish him the best!!

XMan
05-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Permenter has come a long ways since his days of batting 9th for the Rice Rookies.

Crow22
05-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Permenter has come a long ways since his days of batting 9th for the Rice Rookies.

LOL. I never played for the Rice Rookies.....that's funny though. I remember playing AGAINST the Rice Rookies when I played for the Lavacans.

XMan
05-31-2013, 06:41 AM
Its sad that the Lavacans havent fielded a team for a few years. They used to have that Raider pipeline with the 4XXXXL hat wearer from Hville. He would bring over the German Billie. The Rookies had quite a team too with Quinney being a master recruiter of Tweet, Earnest, Faldyn, Lechler, Machac and the like. Those were the days.