PDA

View Full Version : Football Season!

OLE'BULL
05-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Is it too early to be excited about football season?!?!?! I just got the Booster Club email which had in it the summer workout schedule, football camp info, AND next years football schedule! I dont see the Brahmas going undefeated, but after looking at the schedule I think we are 8-2 at a minimum, 9-1 at best. Hopefully we go 10-0 to erase all doubt, but will take another playoff run any way I can get it.

buckeyebob
05-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Who are the Brahmas?

maestro
05-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Bellville

OLE'BULL
05-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Who are the Brahmas?

OUCH!!!

Navasota vs. Bellville- 24-7
Navasota vs. Gilmer- 39-3

speedbump
05-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Is it too early to be excited about football season?!?!?! I just got the Booster Club email which had in it the summer workout schedule, football camp info, AND next years football schedule! I dont see the Brahmas going undefeated, but after looking at the schedule I think we are 8-2 at a minimum, 9-1 at best. Hopefully we go 10-0 to erase all doubt, but will take another playoff run any way I can get it.

Were there any changes in your non district schedule?

OLE'BULL
05-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Were there any changes in your non district schedule?

Nope...

maestro
05-28-2013, 07:34 PM

Ok....

El Campo, Bellville, Columbus, Wharton,Sealy, Royal, Needville

Rank them. A few coaching changes in this district. What impact will it have?

Wharton's senior class numbers wise small but the group competes. Great habits.

They need O'neil to lead the charge, rec /sec. Continued growth from Elliot at RB?

Two big surprises could come from Ray,Jr. Who missed entire season because of scrimmage injury and Bell.

I will probably get arguments from Columbia and Sweeny posters but Bell was the best 8th grader and then Frosh in the district.

He will be entering his Jr year and really needs to make a huge impact this year.

OLE'BULL
05-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Ok....

El Campo, Bellville, Columbus, Wharton,Sealy, Royal, Needville

Rank them. A few coaching changes in this district. What impact will it have?

Wharton's senior class numbers wise small but the group competes. Great habits.

They need O'neil to lead the charge, rec /sec. Continued growth from Elliot at RB?

Two big surprises could come from Ray,Jr. Who missed entire season because of scrimmage injury and Bell.

I will probably get arguments from Columbia and Sweeny posters but Bell was the best 8th grader and then Frosh in the district.

He will be entering his Jr year and really needs to make a huge impact this year.

That is tough, but here goes: El Campo, Bellville, Wharton, Sealy, Columbus, Royal, Needville
Maybe Wharton and Sealy flip flop?

maestro
05-29-2013, 07:04 PM
This district has become one of the most competitive.

Your rankings leave out columbus and needville and to be truthful columbus has talent to match people.

Needville's pride makes me think that they have to get better.

El Campo won't walk through this district .

El Campo, Bellville and then Sealy and Wharton.

This district has major rivalries( wharton-el campo, needville-wharton, sealy-Bellville.)

Adds to the intensity each week.

OLE'BULL
05-30-2013, 09:09 AM
This district has become one of the most competitive.

Your rankings leave out columbus and needville and to be truthful columbus has talent to match people.

Needville's pride makes me think that they have to get better.

El Campo won't walk through this district .

El Campo, Bellville and then Sealy and Wharton.

This district has major rivalries( wharton-el campo, needville-wharton, sealy-Bellville.)

Adds to the intensity each week.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Needville. Bellvilles old DC when I played is now the HC there, Jamie Valentine. I know what he is capable of, I just think that Needville will always be at the bottom of the barrel. The talent there is sub-par at best. Its hard to get a group of kids to buy in each year. Hopefully they turn it around, but they will not be in the playoffs this year either. I remember last year preseason it was voted second toughest district in the state by (I THINK) DCTF. Without some injuries to some key players at Sealy, and I think Whartons good QB, that would have proven to be true. I think El Campo still would have rolled, Bellville would have made the playoffs, but not as easily. And I think Sealy sneaks in that 3rd spot, if not the 2nd. Hopefully it is a competitive district again this year.