PDA

View Full Version : Hallettsville and Shiner Church Picnics

Scoop27
05-26-2013, 06:05 PM
I'll put up the Shiner and Hallettsville church picnics against any in the state.
Went to both today
Both have great food, with fried chicken, stew, dressing, saurkraut , polka music and cold beer. and of course kolaches and other great deserts
It's a family type atmosphere and not strangers. Everyone will start up a conversation
The Talk in Hallettsville was a bout the Brahmas
The auctions were great with both having Bingo and other games.
Only mistake I made was out bidding some one for a Shiner Beer belt buckle in the auction In Shiner for $50.
Hallettsville had a raffle drawing for a truck and Shiner had one for a loaded up tractor.
These picnics are hard to beat
Now there will be one every weekend from here on out around South and Central Texas

Yoe_09
05-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Do you normally head to the Centex area for any of these? Our church in Marak serves up the fried chicken, sausage, dressing, slaw, and green beans. Both Cyclone & Westphalia have similar plates. I just discovered this one a few years ago, but the food in Bremond may top them all. Great BBQ. I know there are others out there that I need to get out to.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-26-2013, 07:02 PM
I'll put up the Shiner and Hallettsville church picnics against any in the state.
Went to both today
Both have great food, with fried chicken, stew, dressing, saurkraut , polka music and cold beer. and of course kolaches and other great deserts
It's a family type atmosphere and not strangers. Everyone will start up a conversation
The Talk in Hallettsville was a bout the Brahmas
The auctions were great with both having Bingo and other games.
Only mistake I made was out bidding some one for a Shiner Beer belt buckle in the auction In Shiner for $50.
Hallettsville had a raffle drawing for a truck and Shiner had one for a loaded up tractor.
These picnics are hard to beat
Now there will be one every weekend from here on out around South and Central TexasThere was a donut place in Shiner was going to get some Kolaches but they were closed.

Scoop27
05-26-2013, 08:48 PM
My friend from Waco goes to Westphalia and he say its a good one as well. Lot of history there as that's the song Westaphlia Waltz originated from there