PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs. La Grange

sinfan75
05-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Boogity,Boogity, Boogity!!

YTBulldogs
05-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Wish they'd play this series in Victoria. I just love Riverside Stadium when viewing a game.

Please do not use the same chapter those officials came out of for the Sinton/Boerne series. Pitiful. How in the world did they get this assignment? This deep in the playoff's, you'd think you'd get the creme of the crop. Not some blue hairs.

Pudlugger
05-26-2013, 09:05 AM
This will be a great series. Go Leps!

SHSBulldog00
05-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Wish they'd play this series in Victoria. I just love Riverside Stadium when viewing a game.

Please do not use the same chapter those officials came out of for the Sinton/Boerne series. Pitiful. How in the world did they get this assignment? This deep in the playoff's, you'd think you'd get the creme of the crop. Not some blue hairs.

Cuero could be an option.

speedbump
05-26-2013, 10:50 AM

I guess they used the "blue hairs" so the t-ballers could get their excuses and whining out of the way before the regional finals.

YTBulldogs
05-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Cuero could be an option.

Someone from Sinton said, maybe Seguin?

YTBulldogs
05-26-2013, 12:27 PM
I guess they used the "blue hairs" so the t-ballers could get their excuses and whining out of the way before the regional finals.

Their chapter had to have something better to assign to this big series, at this point in the playoffs. Of course, the coaches agreed to them. So, it's on them, or UIL if the coaches couldn't agree. I assume they didn't use either teams chapter or they would of known their calling ability. Missed call's happen, I know, I call. But, being out of position should never happen. And the strike zone should not waiver inning to inning. I strike in the 2nd on the corner, should be a strike in the 6th. Hitters can adapt to your zone, unless it changes inning to inning, like it did yesterday.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Didn't see anything different from the ump calling of strikes and balls or on close plays that I haven't seen through out the season and years of watching baseball games. I see it every fan of the game will see what they want to see but the one that's actually closes to the action is always going to be second guess in every game that is played.

Very little history between Sinton and La Grange, checking Sinton playoff history but I do remember the 1987 game region final :(

Hannibal
05-26-2013, 05:23 PM
I was on that Sinton team. Greatest throw from centerfield I've ever seen.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-26-2013, 06:49 PM
I was on that Sinton team. Greatest throw from centerfield I've ever seen.yep we were both on that team, bases loaded and no outs 3-0 count on the batter with score 3-2 bot 7th and it went down hill from that point as the pitcher came back and get the out and next batter hits fly ball to cf and throw home to get runner tagging from 3rd and end the game. It was a fun year still as we also experience the bus ride of finding a dry field that playoff season against Poteet, from Kenedy to Tuloso Midway to finally finishing the game in Laredo.

There were no cell phones or internet in those times lol

Mojo84
05-27-2013, 02:27 PM
This will be a one playoff to see who advances. I'm a little surprised.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-27-2013, 02:31 PM
This will be a one playoff to see who advances. I'm a little surprised.same here, I would think they both would want a series but guess and wait for more details why its a one gamer. Hope its in Victoria its a lot easier to get to the game than traffic in SA on a Friday but 7:30 game time is good.

pirate4state
05-27-2013, 02:37 PM
You would think, but we lost flip so it's one game to punch your ticket to state. Get it Pirates

SintonFan_inAustin
05-27-2013, 02:44 PM
You would think, but we lost flip so it's one game to punch your ticket to state. Get it PiratesNow is better than later to start prepping for one gamers. Did we win the toss for field selection?

pirate4state
05-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Not sure. Will find out tomorrow.
Now is better than later to start prepping for one gamers. Did we win the toss for field selection?

YTBulldogs
05-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Surprised myself. Both teams seem better suited for a series format than 1 gamer IMO.

hookandladder
05-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Surprised myself. Both teams seem better suited for a series format than 1 gamer IMO.

I am not surprised at all on the one gamer , we won three one gamers this season if you count the Cuero game which we had to win. Right now pitching wise we are setup for one gamers, it definitely makes for some intense games. Just FYI - Hidalgo was the best team we have faced all year hands down, we just took advantage of the few opportunities we had.

NastySlot
05-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Doesn't the state tourney start on Wednesday? Maybe the loss of (rest) days factored into the one game decision I don't know just saying. Has a site been chosen yet?

Phil C
05-27-2013, 09:21 PM

I was surprised either would want a one gamer but maybe they were spooked by all the rain outs last week.

YTBulldogs
05-27-2013, 10:25 PM
I am not surprised at all on the one gamer , we won three one gamers this season if you count the Cuero game which we had to win. Right now pitching wise we are setup for one gamers, it definitely makes for some intense games. Just FYI - Hidalgo was the best team we have faced all year hands down, we just took advantage of the few opportunities we had.

Looked to me like, Hidalgo took advantage of 3 or four errors at 3b. Dern near cost ya with the last one. I nearly threw fell out of my seat on the possible DP, when the throw from 3rd to second went sailing. Logan shut the door from the bump and made up. IMO, Logan is a beast at 1b. Not sure I ever seen a low throw get past him. He's saved many a error at first for his team. Does he ever play there anymore?

hookandladder
05-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Looked to me like, Hidalgo took advantage of 3 or four errors at 3b. Dern near cost ya with the last one. I nearly threw fell out of my seat on the possible DP, when the throw from 3rd to second went sailing. Logan shut the door from the bump and made up. IMO, Logan is a beast at 1b. Not sure I ever seen a low throw get past him. He's saved many a error at first for his team. Does he ever play there anymore?

Yes we were fortunate to be able to make pitches and plays when we needed them, Supak battled out of many jams thru 6 innings however after the leadoff base hit in the 7th innings it was time and our releif pitcher came in and threw quality strikes and made a solid defensive play on the backer up the middle. Hits, Walks and Errors are all part of the game, it's how you rerspond that matters.

pirate4state
05-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Playing at Riverside Park in Victoria. I know a lot of you like it, but we haven't had the best of luck at this park. Time to break the curse! GO PIRATES!!!

Phil C
05-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Playing at Riverside Park in Victoria. I know a lot of you like it, but we haven't had the best of luck at this park. Time to break the curse! GO PIRATES!!!

Any idea of the game time?

I don't like playing there but nothing to do with the park but rather it is those Victoria chapter umpires.

YTBulldogs
05-28-2013, 01:31 PM

I don't like playing there but nothing to do with the park but rather it is those Victoria chapter umpires.

Just cause they play there, don't mean they will use Victoria TASO Chapter. Honestly, I'd be shocked if they do. They are kinda weak. I'd like to see a split crew from ya'lls out of CC and LG's from Tri-County. Anyone know where those officials were from in the Sinton/Boerne series?

YTBulldogs
05-28-2013, 01:32 PM

And day?

hookandladder
05-28-2013, 01:35 PM
From what I have heard game time is 7:30 on Friday, I have not heard for sure it is in Victoria.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Good its in Victoria.

Looking forward to the showdown between these two teams.

NastySlot
05-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Man I was hoping for SA.....so I could take this one in and possibly meet some of you fine folks.

Good luck to both.

pirate4state
05-28-2013, 05:03 PM
From what I have heard game time is 7:30 on Friday, I have not heard for sure it is in Victoria.

Yes, game in Victoria on Friday at 7:30pm

Not sure where the officials will come from

YTBulldogs
05-28-2013, 06:53 PM

Very nice.

maestro
05-28-2013, 07:44 PM

Well it has finally hit baseball!!!
Darn shame that umpire worries have to be mentioned.
Really sad.

I know weak officials have hurt high school basketball at times.

And then on top of that, NBA pregame the other night and Jalen Rose first comment is, I am really looking forward to HOW THIS GAME WILL BE OFFICIATED.

Wow, made me sick.

Here is wishing that both teams play solid and that no one call will impact the game.

hookandladder
05-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Umpires will play no part in the outcome, I am sure our coach and Sinton coach will get quality umpires. Blaming an umpire for a teams loss is just an easy what out, the players on the field will decide who wins this game. To many innings in a game for your team to win the game, one or two bad calls do not decide a game. I call BS on blaming umpires, they do the best job they can and it is to easy to sit on the outside blaming the umpires. I know Cuero complained about one of their players being called out after hitting a bases loaded triple and being called out for missing first, talked to a good friend from Cuero and he said he did miss first. It is easy to sit on the outside and think you have all the right calls, guess what nobody is perfect and they definitely have a better view. Sit back and just enjoy the game , let the kids play.

pirate4state
05-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Let me just clarify that I am not the one who brought up umpires. All I did was answer lol.

Phil C
05-28-2013, 09:02 PM
hookandladder must not have ever had any experience with the Victoria Chapter officials.

Scoop27
05-28-2013, 09:54 PM
I can remember covering a game at Riverside Park back in the late 1980s and it was a dump and in poor shape. The press box was almost falling down and there were wasps nests and they were flying all over the place. The press box had yellow light bulbs. The field was also in terrible playing condition. The last time I was there when Wharton played Victoria Stroman way back when on a Saturday afternoon.

MustangFootball
05-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Good Luck Sinton all district 30 is in your corner cheering you guys on. Much respect from Mustangland you guys have an awesome team.

YTBulldogs
05-29-2013, 12:29 AM
hookandladder must not have ever had any experience with the Victoria Chapter officials.

True that. Trust me, that chapter will not be used here. If so, they been forewarned. LOL. And, I'm the one that brought the ump issue up, and don't have a dog in the fight. I was speaking from watching the 4 man crew who had the Boerne/Sinton assignment in Shiner, this past weekend. Fully aware pitches will be missed. But, home plate ump must be consistent with his strike zone. The pitcher/batter must know in the early innings, the "ump's strike zone" and adjust from there. But, his strike zone walked all over the place and really hampered the pitcher's/batter's ability. One batter it's a strike between the knee's and ankles, next, it's a ball at the knee's, etc, etc. Usually by this round in the playoff's, that is NEVER an issue. Usually the chapter's best hit the field, and often go unnoticed. And, numerous times (and a 4 man crew was used) they were out of position on tag up's, and rotating to the proper bases on a ball hit into the gap. That I contribute to using the 4-man mechanics, when all you've called 99.9% of the time, is a 2-man crew. Big difference, and just looked bad. Often, teams are better off using what they played with all year, 2-man crew. We don't know the proper rotations in a 3 or 4-man crew like we do a 2-man crew. Cause we never use it that often.

hookandladder
05-29-2013, 06:16 AM
I am just saying umpires are the least of my worries, in all my playing days I can not one time remember saying we lost a game bacause of an upmpire. To each his own but that excuse is not something I nor will I ever allow my son to use, he knows better then to try and blame an umpire for a loss. You can bitch about called balls and strikes or a call out in the field but it does you no good, most umpires will call it both ways good or bad.

pancho villa
05-29-2013, 08:52 AM
The Sinton Standaround folks are crying about the Umps already? OMG

maestro
05-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Not from either town, I just was observing that the subject of umpire crews shows up in most of the playoff posts.

I've always thought too that the umpires should be invisible.

pirate4state
05-29-2013, 12:18 PM
The Sinton Standaround folks are crying about the Umps already? OMG

No one is crying about the umpires. Go polish your batons!

Phil C
05-29-2013, 12:22 PM
I remember a few years ago I went to a little league softball playoff game and the umpire called the teams together and said he would call strikes only if they were up the middle. He said no curve balls or corners would be called strikes. I remarked "Well he is honest even though imcompetent." :)

A little softball humor there hookandladder.

hookandladder
05-29-2013, 01:17 PM
I remember a few years ago I went to a little league softball playoff game and the umpire called the teams together and said he would call strikes only if they were up the middle. He said no curve balls or corners would be called strikes. I remarked "Well he is honest even though imcompetent." :)

A little softball humor there hookandladder.

Don't even bring up Little League on this tread, that is just downright pitiful.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Sinton Pirates Looking For Return To State Tournament (http://www.kiiitv.com/category/194871/video?clipId=8939581&topVideoCatNo=200138&autoStart=true)

pancho villa
05-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Alexander Cartwright should of been shot for what he did to our great country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Phil C
05-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Don't even bring up Little League on this tread, that is just downright pitiful.

Right you are with a good point. I am so ashamed. I bow my head in repentance. :(

MUSTANG69
05-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Sinton Pirates Looking For Return To State Tournament (http://www.kiiitv.com/category/194871/video?clipId=8939581&topVideoCatNo=200138&autoStart=true)

Let's hope they not only go to the state tournament but they also win it. Great representation for D30.

pirate4state
05-30-2013, 04:56 PM
FYI - we have been informed that there will be no concession stand in Victoria tomorrow night so make sure to bring your own water/snacks if you don't have time to eat before the game!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-30-2013, 04:59 PM
FYI - we have been informed that there will be no concession stand in Victoria tomorrow night so make sure to bring your own water/snacks if you don't have time to eat before the game!
Maybe Pizza Hut delivers to the game....

pirate4state
05-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Maybe Pizza Hut delivers to the game....

Probably...just meet them outside! LOL

SintonFan_inAustin
05-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Sinton baseball ready for La Grange challenge (http://www.kristv.com/videos/sinton-baseball-ready-for-la-grange-challenge-in-region-final/)

Tejastrue
05-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Best of luck to both teams.

1 game playoff...:dispntd:

sinfan75
05-31-2013, 08:15 PM
Sinton up 2-0 Tracker Conn homerun!! Not sure but after 1st inning guesstamating!!

sinfan75
05-31-2013, 08:47 PM
La Grange up 4-2 after 4!!

NastySlot
05-31-2013, 08:48 PM
La Grange up 4-2 after 4!!

I heard 6-2 is that wrong?

76IHSMustang
05-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Sinton down to last out

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

76IHSMustang
05-31-2013, 09:32 PM
La Grange wins 6-2

Phil C
05-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the updates.

Congratulations and thank you Sinton Pirates for a great season.

And good luck to La Grange at State and hopefully can bring Region 4 a state championship.

Tejastrue
05-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the updates.

Congratulations and thank you Sinton Pirates for a great season.

And good luck to La Grange at State and hopefully can bring Region 4 a state championship.

+1 :clap:

And just in case I have not sad this before... I despise 1 game playoffs. ;)

hookandladder
05-31-2013, 11:41 PM
+1 :clap:

And just in case I have not sad this before... I despise 1 game playoffs. ;)

You may despise it but best team won , no doubt.

Tejastrue
06-01-2013, 12:39 AM
My comment was not intended to be a diss toward any team H&L. My opinion is that every match-up should the best 2-out of 3 ...weather permitting. It should be set in stone for the brackets.

hookandladder
06-01-2013, 12:48 AM
My comment was not intended to be a diss toward any team H&L. My opinion is that every match-up should the best 2-out of 3 ...weather permitting. It should be set in stone for the brackets.

State tournament is one game , so this just get's you ready. Early rounds I can see series however after round 3 the best team should win. We have pitching but with the State tournament starting on Wednesday it only makes since to go one game, that's the problem with hurting kids arms when pitching kids on 4 days rest . It's all about knowledge of the game, it is not worth ruining a kids future.

Weebe
06-01-2013, 07:41 AM
State tournament is one game , so this just get's you ready. Early rounds I can see series however after round 3 the best team should win. We have pitching but with the State tournament starting on Wednesday it only makes since to go one game, that's the problem with hurting kids arms when pitching kids on 4 days rest . It's all about knowledge of the game, it is not worth ruining a kids future.

Congrats to La Grange on the win. Would really like to see them win the thing.

However, disagree that a one game series simulates the state tournament. Because you play back to back days in the tournament, a 3 game series in the better indicator of the pitching depth necessary to win the state tournament rather than just winning one game and reaching the finals.

However, I agree that the ST starting on Wednesday makes it very tough to have a 3 game regional final series.

maestro
06-01-2013, 08:06 AM
La Grange wins 6-2

Congrats to LaGrange

hookandladder
06-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Congrats to La Grange on the win. Would really like to see them win the thing.

However, disagree that a one game series simulates the state tournament. Because you play back to back days in the tournament, a 3 game series in the better indicator of the pitching depth necessary to win the state tournament rather than just winning one game and reaching the finals.

However, I agree that the ST starting on Wednesday makes it very tough to have a 3 game regional final series.

To each his own, we will take the win and move on. Congrats Leps.

Tejastrue
06-01-2013, 08:59 AM

I hear you and understand the logic but disagree. Not going to make this a debate and taint the win for you guys. Congrats again and best of luck at state.

YTBulldogs
06-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Great game, win state Leps. Congrats.

Hat's off to Sinton. Nice run Pirates.

Roughneck93
06-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Congrats LG!

hookandladder
06-01-2013, 10:55 AM
I hear you and understand the logic but disagree. Not going to make this a debate and taint the win for you guys. Congrats again and best of luck at state.

I hear what you are saying however you have to do what is best for your team , in baseball you just never know what is going to happen this deep in the playoffs. State Baby , how sweet it is to be going with our team. Been there many times just watching other friends kids play and now I get to watch my son play at the Show one last time , hoping something really good comes from the tourney.

Tejastrue
06-01-2013, 11:29 AM
I hear what you are saying however you have to do what is best for your team , in baseball you just never know what is going to happen this deep in the playoffs. State Baby , how sweet it is to be going with our team. Been there many times just watching other friends kids play and now I get to watch my son play at the Show one last time , hoping something really good comes from the tourney.

Absolutely agree. I had forgotten your son was member of the team. Special moments to share regardless of the outcome. Of course the SC trophy doesn't hurt. ;) I wish him the best.

Manso/V8
06-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Congratulations.
What a great way for your son to finish out his high school career.
Go Leps!

Phil C
06-01-2013, 11:50 AM
You may despise it but best team won , no doubt.

I did hear that the officiating could have been much better.

LHS 2SONS
06-01-2013, 12:41 PM
I did hear that the officiating could have been much better.

Yea, you are right, all the calls went Sinton's way. Horrible call at 2nd early in the game, but our La Grange guys never give up. Sure is a GREAT feeling, right there with you Hook. Was there with it in football in 09 with my oldest and now baseball with my youngest. Beat Sinton at both sports for the regional championship. So proud to be a Leopard!!!

Phil C
06-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Yea, you are right, all the calls went Sinton's way. Horrible call at 2nd early in the game, but our La Grange guys never give up. Sure is a GREAT feeling, right there with you Hook. Was there with it in football in 09 with my oldest and now baseball with my youngest. Beat Sinton at both sports for the regional championship. So proud to be a Leopard!!!

I heared they went the other way.

hollywood
06-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Controversy is a matter of subjective views from one side and the other in most cases.
Everyone has to overcome adversity in life at some point or another. The best teams have advanced so far.
:D

Tejastrue
06-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Feeling a little HS baseball withdrawal huh Hollywood? :wave:

hookandladder
06-01-2013, 02:01 PM

Very typical response , pretty sure you brought up the Little league response also. Umpires do not win or lose games, get over it. Sinton baseball is a class act , do not screw it up with excuses.

Pudlugger
06-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Congratulations to the Leps in getting a big win and going to State.

hollywood
06-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Feeling a little HS baseball withdrawal huh Hollywood? :wave:

Lol.. nah.. just think its silly when people cry about officiating.

I think PG just won vs Melissa.

Reg 1 - Lubbock Cooper
Reg 2 - Tex PG
Reg 3 - Diboll/Silsbee winner
Reg 4 - La Grange

All very solid baseball.

NastySlot
06-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Lol.. nah.. just think its silly when people cry about officiating.

I think PG just won vs Melissa.

Reg 1 - Lubbock Cooper
Reg 2 - Tex PG
Reg 3 - Diboll/Silsbee winner
Reg 4 - La Grange

All very solid baseball.

Wow is this like the sixth or seventh trip for PG in a row?

pirate4state
06-02-2013, 09:11 AM
With all due respect, Phil (or Phil's son) if you weren't there shut up about the umpires. They had zero impact on this game. SMH

Congrats LG. Good luck at state!

@Nasty - this is PG's 6th straight year. Impressive!

hookandladder
06-02-2013, 09:45 AM
With all due respect, Phil (or Phil's son) if you weren't there shut up about the umpires. They had zero impact on this game. SMH

Agree totally , well said.

duckhunter
06-02-2013, 10:55 AM
After watching La Grange play this season I never would have thought they would make it to state. Typical above average baseball team. Nothing too special. It's amazing how all baseball has dropped off over the last decade or so.

And now comes hookedladder to respond to my post how I'm wrong....

maestro
06-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm not from LG but will say that UIL history is full of teams that peak and come together at the most opportunistic times.

My district had a history of third place hoops teams going to regionals quite often. We used to sit home with our first or second place finish thinking

What just happened???!!!

Good luck to LG

hookandladder
06-02-2013, 11:40 AM
After watching La Grange play this season I never would have thought they would make it to state. Typical above average baseball team. Nothing too special. It's amazing how all baseball has dropped off over the last decade or so.

And now comes hookedladder to respond to my post how I'm wrong....

I did not want to let you down , so he I am. It is all about jelling at the right time, starting with the Needville series we are a totally better team. We may be average team but we playing for a shot at the State Championship , not many teams and towns can say that. Sounds like some really sour grapes , so sad for you. Go Leps.

duckhunter
06-02-2013, 12:00 PM
I did not want to let you down , so he I am. It is all about jelling at the right time, starting with the Needville series we are a totally better team. We may be average team but we playing for a shot at the State Championship , not many teams and towns can say that. Sounds like some really sour grapes , so sad for you. Go Leps.

not sour grapes, just stating my opinion how I feel that baseball in general isn't as good as it once was. It has dropped off considerably. My point is would this team have made it to state if they were playing ten years ago? no chance. Heck, Weimer is going to state as well and they are extremely average as well compared to the weimer teams of 10 years ago.

Goes to show why the towns that always play summer ball are always in the fight. Good Luck this weekend Leps

maybe me an Xman get together and drink a beer and talk about how football has ruined baseball

Weebe
06-02-2013, 12:19 PM
not sour grapes, just stating my opinion how I feel that baseball in general isn't as good as it once was. It has dropped off considerably. My point is would this team have made it to state if they were playing ten years ago? no chance. Heck, Weimer is going to state as well and they are extremely average as well compared to the weimer teams of 10 years ago.

Goes to show why the towns that always play summer ball are always in the fight. Good Luck this weekend Leps

maybe me an Xman get together and drink a beer and talk about how football has ruined baseball

I was on a 4a team that wet to state in '93 and I disagree.

Everything can be cyclical, but there is plenty of good baseball being played.

hookandladder
06-02-2013, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=duckhunter;1746195]not sour grapes, just stating my opinion how I feel that baseball in general isn't as good as it once was. It has dropped off considerably. My point is would this team have made it to state if they were playing ten years ago? no chance. Heck, Weimer is going to state as well and they are extremely average as well compared to the weimer teams of 10 years ago.

10 years ago select ball was not nearly as big, summer ball helps you become a better ball player however you still have to be a solid team to go to State. Personally I feel baseball now is overall played at a higher level , with so many kids playing select ball and getting private lessons the quality of pitching is head and shoulders ahead of 10 years ago. You can just look at the velocity that some of the kids are throwing, so yes I would disagree with your opinion and you know what they say about opinions . There like a holes , everybody has one. Just opinions, no offense just a saying. Leps to State , how sweet it is.

YTBulldogs
06-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Weimar is very weak. Can't believe they made it. Nothing like the Wildcats of prior state teams I assure you.

Phil C
06-02-2013, 07:06 PM

I see. Maybe they weren't from Victoria. Still - I don't know - er uh

YTBulldogs
06-02-2013, 07:20 PM
We played LG 5 times (1-4) this year. They have the depth on the bump and hitting to win it all. I think they are better when Logan isn't pitching, he is playing first. Best 1b'man I've seen in years. Nothing in the dirt get's past him, and he gives his co-infielders faith when they make a throw over there. Just my observations. Good luck Lep's. Get'er done!!!!!

Phil C
06-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Proof that officials can and do make mistakes that are costly to teams. This one is a MLB umpire and they are suppose to be the best of the best. Honest mistakes of course but they can be costly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/brewers-jean-segura-credited-tag-despite-dropping-ball-083834547.html

hollywood
06-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Proof that officials can and do make mistakes that are costly to teams. This one is a MLB umpire and they are suppose to be the best of the best. Honest mistakes of course but they can be costly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/brewers-jean-segura-credited-tag-despite-dropping-ball-083834547.html

There's always subjective views when there's a human element involved. Every athlete and athletic team is faced with adversity at some point in a game or event... those who overcome it usually come out with the victory. Those that don't, usually have an excuse.

hookandladder
06-03-2013, 10:32 AM
There's always subjective views when there's a human element involved. Every athlete and athletic team is faced with adversity at some point in a game or event... those who overcome it usually come out with the victory. Those that don't, usually have an excuse.

You hit the nail on the head, No doubt.

Phil C
06-03-2013, 01:05 PM
What a silly technical they called on our Hero the other night just for running across the court.