PDA

View Full Version : FINAL tips on HOW TO BEAT RICE

CaptainCommon
12-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Well, many of you may be on the road to San Antonio this morning so if you don't know where you are going, you might end up somewhere else. Also, it gets late pretty early in San Antonio. The light will probably come on at the stadium before it gets dark.

Anyway, here are the final tips I'm offering on how the Mighty Tarpons will beat Rice. And let me tell you, I have observed a lot by watching!

1. The I-10 factor. Being from the valley, it's obvious and well documented that no valley team can beat(or will ever beat)a solid playoff team North of I-10. Altair lies SOUTH of I-10!

2. 99% of all Rices' plays that did NOT cross the goalline resulted in ZERO points. As much as they have controlled the ball this season, that's a lot of plays! This should play right into the hands of the Tarpons' fins!

3. On option plays, if the QB pitches the ball, he doesn't have it anymore- don't worry about him!

4. At the beginning of the game, should Rice give the Tarpons the ball first, MAKE SURE it is your ball!

5. Use your strengths- the staff at PI has done a great job of imitating good running programs, but NOT copying them. This will pay off in the end!

6. Finally to the fans of the Mighty Tarpons, if you can get more people in the stadium seats, you will have a bigger crowd. That can win a game all by itself!

faninthestand
12-06-2003, 10:12 AM
Too funny, hope they took notes. Its going to be a good game and I am looking forward to seeing it. No doubt I want Rice to win, but win or lose they are a great bunch of guys and Ive backed them since the beginning of the consolidation. Im new to the board but not a new fan. Go Raiders March on to Victory.

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
12-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Well Rice fans enjoy this one too. It sure must be fun beating up these soft teams in the playoffs. If you do beat Port Isabel today just get ready for the beating next week. all the pretending will come to a halt. Anyways its all about having fun at the game. Have fun in San Antonio and have a safe trip. I hope it is an injury free game. Good luck to both teams.