PDA

View Full Version : I back

bd62
05-22-2013, 06:05 AM
I back after a 10 month battle with cancer. They found the tumor right at top of stomach in Victoria in mid August and I was at MDA a week later with dehydration that started shutting down my kidneys and heart went into electronic imbalance. When I was doing the normal paperwork they saw how sick I was and put me straight into ICU for 4 days. One of my Main dr. Understudy was from Victoria and whe n he saw I was from Victoria he ran down to ICU and took over the first hr I was there. He saw I was full of fluid and with a tube inserted got approx 20 lbs of fluid out of my body. Blood test showed I had blood posion , pneumonia and kidney were failing. It took 4 days in ICU and 14 days in private room to clear all that up. Then 6 weeks of outpatient Chemo and Radiation . After Chemo and Radiation they gave me 2 months of recovery and removed the tumor and 1/3 of stomach and 15 Lymth Nodes on Jan 8. Test showed the cancer never reached Lymph Nodes and my main Dr said that was major good news. In April they did a upper scope and Pet Skan and I had no sign of cancer cells. The Main dr who I heard was rated as one of the top in the world on this type of cancer said I had a great chance of full recovery and my last visit inbApril he said see you in 6 months. Thru the grace of God and manyprayers from many friends and family in Cuero and Yoakum plus other towns in Victoria area I feel great and getting stroner every day. I got to see all 32 of my grandsons baseball games. He was a catcher for Cuero for 4 yrs and they had a great season. On my birthday I was presented a baseball with all the players signing it and my Grand son went 4 for 5 with 5 RBI that game and said that's for you Pa. TheCuero fans treated me great during this time and when we played Yoakum those fans did the same. All my kids went to Yoakum high and supported me with a grandson at Cuero high. I lost my password and Tks to Old Green for getting it back yesterday. Tks to all on 3a down low for there prayers and I be posting my thoughts on next years Cuero and Yoakum teams. One grandson graduating from Cuero and next starting 7 grade football next yr with 2 more in Cuero playing youth football. That will keep me busy. God Bless

bobcat1
05-22-2013, 06:39 AM
That's really good news!

bd62
05-22-2013, 07:52 AM
One thing I forgot to mention was the Dr. From Victoria that came to my aid quickly played strong safety for Victoria High school with Travis Reeves the AD at Cuero and they went to semi finals thay year. His coach was Mark Reeves the former AD at Cuero and AD at Victoria high in the 1990's. He told me Coach Reeves had a major influence on his life and Taught him a lot about life lessons besides being a great coachand kept him from from getting in lots of trouble He went on to play for Texas in the late 1990'. I got a chance to tell Mark about this at a baseball game and he had a big smile on his face knowing the influence he had on many
kids life during his coaching career. I think Travis will follow his dad 's footsteps and from what I seen from him he will have the same type of influence on the kids at Cuero in the future at Cuero. He is a Super coachand allways takes the time to talk to the Cuero fans and has treated me great during my battle with cancer.

44INAROW
05-22-2013, 08:24 AM
So thankful that you're getting back into the swing of things. I've been keeping up with your condition via my Cuero connections :) Hope to see you at a football game in a few months..

Cam
05-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Welcome back bd62!....ya haven't missed much lately....just a bunch of jibberish from Greendawg and highly informative threads from me!.....:D..............I'm curious, what's the 62 stand for???....

Also, how did you find out you were ill?

bd62
05-22-2013, 12:11 PM
The 62 stands for the last yr I played football for Hallettsville. About may I started losing weight and was chocking when I ate had physical and every thing looked good. Family doctor gave me reflux medicine but did not do any good My son in law is a dr in Victoria and he said I was dehydrated and put me in hospital and they did a scope and found tumor . Never been in hospital in my life before that but I knew something was worse than what my family dr was saying. Bottom line if you think it's worse go to hospital cus family drs move too slow. As least mine did.

FB-fanatic
05-22-2013, 03:30 PM
From one cancer survivor to another: congrats and continued good health and may God bless!

bd62
05-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Tks FB and God Bless. Sure makes you enjoy the small things in life and don't worry about things that don't mean
A hill of beans in the long run. Different way of looking of life. I know that you know what i mean God is great.

bigwood33
05-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Good to see you back! Here's to your continued good health and recovery! :cheerl::cheerl:

Old Green
05-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Welcome back BD62. You were greatly missed. So glad you are continuing your recovery

LH Panther Mom
05-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Welcome back! I'm glad you're doing better! And I pray for continued good reports from your doctors.

bd62
05-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Tks 44,in Arrow ,Old Green and Liberty Hill Mom
Miss the days we use to play Liberty Hill and take pictures of you young folks and this old Serior man.
Looking forward to next season. My wife tool me to one game in Cuero when Cuero bear Lagrange and we were setting in car by scoreboard when Blake ran into end zone for safety to end game. Also we were coming back from MdA for weekend and I asked him to take me to Giddings and we set by Old Green and had a wonderfull time.