PDA

View Full Version : Summer Conditioning Programs

Cam
05-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Does your school use any strength and conditioning programs for summer workouts? Anybody use Speed Killz Period based in Liberty Hill? Does LH use them? How do ya'll like them? http://strengthtrainingaustin.com/contact.html
Not official, but I'm hearing Burnet may go this route.

I know Dodge uses Performance Course but their cost per kid is way more $$$$.
http://performancecourse.com/

Bassact
05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Some of the kids in LH go to SKP but it is totally on their own. Mostly the basketball players go SKP sinse he also is a owner/partner in D1 nation. Vance doesn't recommend it - he feels his off-season program is as good as any personal trainer (And I agree) and he beleives personal trainers teach to much individualism and not enough team.
I can tell you the kids that go to SKP are in very good condition, although they aren't as thick and strong as the kids that are in Vance's off-season. But then again working out in preparation for football and basketball are totally different.

panfan
05-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Some of the kids in LH go to SKP but it is totally on their own. Mostly the basketball players go SKP sinse he also is a owner/partner in D1 nation. Vance doesn't recommend it - he feels his off-season program is as good as any personal trainer (And I agree) and he beleives personal trainers teach to much individualism and not enough team.
I can tell you the kids that go to SKP are in very good condition, although they aren't as thick and strong as the kids that are in Vance's off-season. But then again working out in preparation for football and basketball are totally different.

All in all, any conditioning the athletes do during the summer will be beneficial, but the key to individuals actually getting anything out of these programs will be how much effort they put into them. Some kids will be exceptionally driven to out perform others on a daily basis, while others will go through the motions and watch the clock.