PDA

View Full Version : Best dog I've ever owned!

Cam
05-21-2013, 09:54 AM
I've had alot of doggies in my day....and I never thought I'd say this...but my daughter's weenie dog is one, if not the best dog I've ever owned! Period! And when she first mentioned she was gonna get a weenie dog, I said NO WAY!.....but daddy gave in and she went and got the runt of the litter....One year later, my daughter had to relocate to Dallas to finish school so we got stuck with Cleopatra (Cleo). I've grown so attached to that dog I've told my daughter she can't have her back!.....Never had a dog who's given me so much companionship!....For some strange reason, she's gotten attached mostly to me!....If we're all sittin' on the couch, she'll be on my lap!.....My wife is jeolous!....
I've owned alot of dogs in my time including German Shepherds, golden retrievers, yellow labs (have 2 currently), mutts, Spitz, Boston Terriers, etc...but no one comes close to my Cleo!...Little Cleo has sniffed out scorpions in the house and brown recluse spiders. For some reason, she can detect spiders very well. They must have a certain smell or something....And just yesterday, my boys and I went to the water cause they wanted to practice casting a throw net...As we were walkin' in the tall grass, Cleo caught wind of something just in front of us!....Yep, it was a big ol' water mocassin!....Biggest one I've ever seen!......We decided it was time to go home.....My youngest can't stand snakes. Ran the fastest 40 I think he's ever run!......Cleo wanted to tango with the snake at first but I think she figured out she was no match for that monster....Anyways, for anyone looking for a small dog that offers just about everything a dog can offer, consider a dachsund for sure!....They are expert hunters of small game..will sniff out a rabbit in a heartbeat.........Dang dog makes me laugh just about every day!...

"CLEO"

pancho villa
05-21-2013, 10:20 AM
You must have the only smart one in the world. We have had 3 and they are the stupidest breed of dog in the world.

Cam
05-21-2013, 10:40 AM
You must have the only smart one in the world. We have had 3 and they are the stupidest breed of dog in the world.

.....might be the owner!...on both counts!.......:spitlol:

MUSTANG69
05-21-2013, 10:49 AM
I have had 2 weenie dogs. The oldest passed away at 18 years old. The other one is 13 and still kicking. Best dogs I have ever had. The young one cornered a water mocasin in the yard. She stayed about 10 ft. from that snake. She knew better than to get close. She is also the best watch dog I have ever had. She is also spoiled rotten. Whatever she wants she gets. It's gonna hurt real bad when she passes.

Cam
05-21-2013, 11:03 AM
I have had 2 weenie dogs. The oldest passed away at 18 years old. The other one is 13 and still kicking. Best dogs I have ever had. The young one cornered a water mocasin in the yard. She stayed about 10 ft. from that snake. She knew better than to get close. She is also the best watch dog I have ever had. She is also spoiled rotten. Whatever she wants she gets. It's gonna hurt real bad when she passes.

I hope Cleo lasts that long! Yep, Cleo is the perfect beggar! Like most weenies, she will stand on her hind legs and beg.....She misses my daughter dearly. Whenever she calls, I'll hold the phone to Cleo's ear while my daughter talks to her. Cleo goes nuts. Her tail starts waggin', and she licks the phone!.....Dang dog knows!......

Scoop27
05-21-2013, 11:06 AM
We're on our second Jack Russell Terrier. The first we inherited from my dad. Tiger lived to a great age of 17 years old and it was a tough loss for me and my wife.
We found an female and named her Daisy and she is now 5. We found her in an ad in the Victoria Advocate for $75 from a family in Hallettsville.
She is not mean and won;t bite but she is very active and she jumped over our 4 foot fence. We built and extension of 14 inches and she was able to climb over it. Then we had to pay big $ to have an electrical wire buried underground where she hears a sound wave when she gets close to the fence. We have a big back yard so she still have a lot of room to roam and she chases squirrels . We let her in the house some to play with her but not for a long extended period of time. Jacks are great dogs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Jack Russel Terrorists? I had a friend in Atlanta (GA, not TX) who owned one. Went to go visit him in Atlanta and went out to the local watering hole. Came back, and the living room was completely "Jack Russel'd Up." Sure, they're cute, but they cause a lot of damage.

If you want a breed that's great with kids, get a boxer. I've got 2 of them and they are both terrific.

Cam
05-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Jack Russel Terrorists? I had a friend in Atlanta (GA, not TX) who owned one. Went to go visit him in Atlanta and went out to the local watering hole. Came back, and the living room was completely "Jack Russel'd Up." Sure, they're cute, but they cause a lot of damage.

If you want a breed that's great with kids, get a boxer. I've got 2 of them and they are both terrific.

I've always wanted a boxer! Someday.....

defense51
05-21-2013, 02:19 PM
I had a blue heeler/chow mix that was probably the best dog I've ever had, he loved Whataburgers and riding in the back of my truck. Both are signs of a good dog although he was a cheapskate, I always had to pay! :mad: We now have a Yorkie that I did not want at all when my wife got her, now she's my best buddy. This little dog has no fear and no concept of size, she thinks she's a Great Dane. Unlike alot of small dogs, she isn't yappy at all. 596

speedbump
05-21-2013, 03:27 PM

If you want a breed that's great with kids, get a boxer. I've got 2 of them and they are both terrific."

100% correct. Best dogs on the planet. Great guardians,love people and the top comedians of the dog world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCnAjel02lM

greendawg84
05-22-2013, 09:08 AM
I've had alot of doggies in my day....and I never thought I'd say this...but my daughter's weenie dog is one, if not the best dog I've ever owned! Period! And when she first mentioned she was gonna get a weenie dog, I said NO WAY!.....but daddy gave in and she went and got the runt of the litter....One year later, my daughter had to relocate to Dallas to finish school so we got stuck with Cleopatra (Cleo). I've grown so attached to that dog I've told my daughter she can't have her back!.....Never had a dog who's given me so much companionship!....For some strange reason, she's gotten attached mostly to me!....If we're all sittin' on the couch, she'll be on my lap!.....My wife is jeolous!....
I've owned alot of dogs in my time including German Shepherds, golden retrievers, yellow labs (have 2 currently), mutts, Spitz, Boston Terriers, etc...but no one comes close to my Cleo!...Little Cleo has sniffed out scorpions in the house and brown recluse spiders. For some reason, she can detect spiders very well. They must have a certain smell or something....And just yesterday, my boys and I went to the water cause they wanted to practice casting a throw net...As we were walkin' in the tall grass, Cleo caught wind of something just in front of us!....Yep, it was a big ol' water mocassin!....Biggest one I've ever seen!......We decided it was time to go home.....My youngest can't stand snakes. Ran the fastest 40 I think he's ever run!......Cleo wanted to tango with the snake at first but I think she figured out she was no match for that monster....Anyways, for anyone looking for a small dog that offers just about everything a dog can offer, consider a dachsund for sure!....They are expert hunters of small game..will sniff out a rabbit in a heartbeat.........Dang dog makes me laugh just about every day!...

"CLEO"

I never figured you for a Weenie dog kinda guy ???? I shall not tell my boys of this as it would ruin their image of you ! :1omg!:

Random thought : Cam kills Deer from his front porch , can catch fish from his back porch and has a Weenie dog for a best friend . :thinking:

refereedoc
05-22-2013, 10:09 AM
https://twitter.com/refereedoc1/status/336305382702063616/photo/1
Here is our dog, 4 month old basset hound named Boxley after our baseball coach at Stephenville. I have had bassets for 30 years and this is the first one that is ADD, matches my son:crazy1:

Manso/V8
05-23-2013, 07:10 AM
I

"CLEO"

That is a big Weenie, bigger and thicker than most.

bird_fan
05-23-2013, 08:06 AM
my best dog is the American Eskimo dog They are smart, loyal . good dog as a watch dog hardly any one sneaked upon my . Great with kids They do require regular gromminfg such as brushing their coat but whatyou get back is priceless. I now own my second one for 9 years now my first I had for 14 years. They have a wonderful personality

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/jerryntx/101_0282.jpg (http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/jerryntx/media/101_0282.jpg.html)

Cam
05-23-2013, 09:38 AM

:thinking:....I'm not quite certain...but your post almost seems like a setup line!...but I'm goin' to be a good boy and avoid it!......:tisk:

anyways, are you kiddin'...little Cleo weighs in at a whoppin' 10 lbs!.....If you notice, this runt doesn't have the big floppy ears most weenies have......

defense51
05-23-2013, 12:12 PM
:thinking:....I'm not quite certain...but your post almost seems like a setup line!...but I'm goin' to be a good boy and avoid it!......:tisk:

anyways, are you kiddin'...little Cleo weighs in at a whoppin' 10 lbs!.....If you notice, this runt doesn't have the big floppy ears most weenies have......

Taking the high road is tough to do with that post, I saw alot of potential for some very funny replies!

Cam
05-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Taking the high road is tough to do with that post, I saw alot of potential for some very funny replies!

like I said, I was being a good boy for once.....so come on 51, give me some help here!....the stage is all yours.....

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-29-2013, 11:17 AM
"

100% correct. Best dogs on the planet. Great guardians,love people and the top comedians of the dog world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCnAjel02lM

A bit of sad news to report.

This morning, I had to make the tough decision to put my 13 y/o male boxer to sleep. He had been suffering from Pancreatitis, and it literally kicked his butt. So much so he just about lost all control of his hind legs due to the pain he must have endured.

At least he's no longer suffering and he's in a much better place now where he can do his four favorite things. Eat, sleep, pee and poop.

bobcat1
05-29-2013, 01:07 PM
That's easy. My Family called her Reba from day one when my baby boy was 6 years old. I called her Red. Had to pu her down 3 years ago. Sure miss her.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/Reba_zps3daec102.jpg (http://s269.photobucket.com/user/dogncar1/media/Reba_zps3daec102.jpg.html)

RIP Red

44INAROW
05-29-2013, 01:17 PM
A bit of sad news to report.

This morning, I had to make the tough decision to put my 13 y/o male boxer to sleep. He had been suffering from Pancreatitis, and it literally kicked his butt. So much so he just about lost all control of his hind legs due to the pain he must have endured.

At least he's no longer suffering and he's in a much better place now where he can do his four favorite things. Eat, sleep, pee and poop.sorry about your Boxer......... I know how you feel......... you did the right thing for him........... Now he's playing on the other side of the rainbow..........

44INAROW
05-29-2013, 01:21 PM

I was notified that a thread needed to be moderated.. someone was talking about how big Cam's weenie was............. :tmi::evillol:

Cam
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
I was notified that a thread needed to be moderated.. someone was talking about how big Cam's weenie was............. :tmi::evillol:

.......:eek:.....actually, it's quite smallish!......but let's not go into details about my faithful companion, good ol' Yukon Cornelius!.......YC has never let me down!....as playful as ever, and can even do a few tricks, including fetchin'....loves to dig into things but hates baths!..........oh wait, were we talkin' about Cleo?......shoot, that dog cain't do anything!....nevermind.......

Buckeye1980
06-03-2013, 11:47 AM
I have had three dauschands over the years(Jake , JJ {Jake Jr.} amd Bocephus. The three best dogs I have owned, would own not other breed. Had to have Jake put down and I never thought I would tear up over something like that but I should never held his paw while they were doing it . My mom had two for years (Popcorn and Peanut) always told her she needed a third and name it Cold Beer. "Popcorn, Peanuts, Cold beer" . Jake was amazing, if I was around, nobody else mattered, he was at my feet or in my lap.

Cam
06-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I have had three dauschands over the years(Jake , JJ {Jake Jr.} amd Bocephus. The three best dogs I have owned, would own not other breed. Had to have Jake put down and I never thought I would tear up over something like that but I should never held his paw while they were doing it . My mom had two for years (Popcorn and Peanut) always told her she needed a third and name it Cold Beer. "Popcorn, Peanuts, Cold beer" . Jake was amazing, if I was around, nobody else mattered, he was at my feet or in my lap.

Never heard of a dog named "Cold Beer"!......Cleo did her thing again last Saturday. Cornered a scorpion by the front door!....That doggie must have one sensitive nose.....no wonder she jumps off my lap after I expel a tiny itsy bitsy amount of gas!.....I ain't kiddin'...she don't like it!!....come to think of it, neither does my wife!!.....:crazy1: