View Full Version : La Grange - Hidalgo

hookandladder
05-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Friday @ 7:30
Saturday 3pm

All games at Sinton.

Cam
05-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Sorry hook, I gotta root for the Pirates.....only cause I gotta good friend from there.....tough neighborhood!.....I'm not for sure cause I can't remember, but it was either there or Rio Grande City where my JV baseball team showed up to play a game. We got off the bus and were greeted by two small kids bout 12 years old sportin' bandanas on their heads. They popped out of some bushes flashin' their switchblades at us as we were walkin' towards the field!....Scared the heck outta us....Coaches never saw it happen.....I had the bat bag at the ready for an upside-the-head shot!.....Crazy kids!!....Turns out they were only bluffin'!....But man.....:doh:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Sorry hook, I gotta root for the Pirates.....only cause I gotta good friend from there.....tough neighborhood!.....I'm not for sure cause I can't remember, but it was either there or Rio Grande City where my JV baseball team showed up to play a game. We got off the bus and were greeted by two small kids bout 12 years old sportin' bandanas on their heads. They popped out of some bushes flashin' their switchblades at us as we were walkin' towards the field!....Scared the heck outta us....Coaches never saw it happen.....I had the bat bag at the ready for an upside-the-head shot!.....Crazy kids!!....Turns out they were only bluffin'!....But man.....:doh:Hidalgo did get a taunting warning in the Robstown game this past weekend as the game was halted for a few mins. They're nowhere as bad as La Grulla Fans and players.

YTBulldogs
05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
LG sweeps this one. Take some grass (not the smoking type either) with ya H&L. Best stadium I've every seen for a high school. But, no grass. Least when we visited several weeks back. Heard they had some issues with water system, and have not received much rain like we have gotten in our area, and maybe something else went wrong in getting the grass to take. Could all be fine now though, dunno. You will not be more comfy anywhere, than their seats for the fans. Love it. Our coach took photos of the stadium, and heard he was going to ask for something like this for the Bulldogs. While he does it, hope they get our poor girls out of the city park dump field they use, and build them a state of the art facility like Sinton has. Hat's off Sinton, top notch.

Good luck Lep's. Planning to make the Saturday game. H&L, you bring the motor home?

SHSBulldog00
05-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Nice choice. I played there once in high school. Was hoping for the Fairgrounds

SintonFan_inAustin
05-20-2013, 06:31 PM
The Ballpark in Sinton (http://www.sintonisd.net/videos/baseball/)

SintonFan_inAustin
05-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Hidalgo is well prepared for the competition they've been facing, no fluke they're at this round. Hidalgo in 3.

Roughneck93
05-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Hidalgo did get a taunting warning in the Robstown game this past weekend as the game was halted for a few mins. They're nowhere as bad as La Grulla Fans and players.

Yeah La Grulla is the worst I've ever seen.

hookandladder
05-20-2013, 08:28 PM
In my eyes we will be the underdog in most games , just not as strong as years past however had some changes in the lineup that can and will make us be a better team. If we can get our CF back in the field with this lineup we could be pretty solid team, our pitching and defense will need to be solid to continue on.

hookandladder
05-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Sorry hook, I gotta root for the Pirates.....only cause I gotta good friend from there.....tough neighborhood!.....I'm not for sure cause I can't remember, but it was either there or Rio Grande City where my JV baseball team showed up to play a game. We got off the bus and were greeted by two small kids bout 12 years old sportin' bandanas on their heads. They popped out of some bushes flashin' their switchblades at us as we were walkin' towards the field!....Scared the heck outta us....Coaches never saw it happen.....I had the bat bag at the ready for an upside-the-head shot!.....Crazy kids!!....Turns out they were only bluffin'!....But man.....:doh:

Matters none to me who you root for , you from Burnet. Ha Ha.

Cam
05-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Matters none to me who you root for , you from Burnet. Ha Ha.

:taunt:

pancho villa
05-21-2013, 09:44 AM
You have to watch them Hidalgo folks they all have knives.

hookandladder
05-21-2013, 12:00 PM
You have to watch them Hidalgo folks they all have knives.

That's what we have heard from their last series against Robstown , most of our players play summer ball against Eagle Pass and Del Rio players so we are use to it. Just kidding about the knifes but did hear there were some issues in the last series , think it was mostly with the fans.

Weebe
05-21-2013, 07:27 PM
In my eyes we will be the underdog in most games ...

Please

SintonFan_inAustin
05-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Hidalgo
Team batting average: .380
Top 4 hitting avg with atleast 80 ab:
Joel Ibanez .491 avg 38 rbi
Kevin Prishker .462 avg 4 hr 34 rbi
Oscar Noguera .420 avg 11 double 25 rs
Emilio Medrano .419 avg 1 hr 21 rbi
Top 4 Pitchers
Normand Mendoza 6-2, 1.41 era(in 12 appearances, 11 games he has allowed only 1 earn run. The only game he allowed more was against Sinton giving up 8 earn runs on 15 hits. Held 5a Sharyland no.2 rank team in the state to 1 run earlier in the year. Kid can mix the speed of his pitches well.)
Joel Ibanez 7-2 2.27 era
Jesus Berrones 5-0 2.05 era
Oscar Noguera 2-1 4.25 era

Mendoza is the ace, Last season Hidalgo was knocked out of the playoffs by Calallen in the 4a playoffs.

pirate4state
05-21-2013, 11:00 PM
sorry our grass is not up to code. Cant do much about it now. Not exactly thrilled we are hosting this series. It means i have to stay behind and work concession. :-(
LG sweeps this one. Take some grass (not the smoking type either) with ya H&L. Best stadium I've every seen for a high school. But, no grass. Least when we visited several weeks back. Heard they had some issues with water system, and have not received much rain like we have gotten in our area, and maybe something else went wrong in getting the grass to take. Could all be fine now though, dunno. You will not be more comfy anywhere, than their seats for the fans. Love it. Our coach took photos of the stadium, and heard he was going to ask for something like this for the Bulldogs. While he does it, hope they get our poor girls out of the city park dump field they use, and build them a state of the art facility like Sinton has. Hat's off Sinton, top notch.

Good luck Lep's. Planning to make the Saturday game. H&L, you bring the motor home?

pancho villa
05-22-2013, 07:44 AM
sorry our grass is not up to code. Cant do much about it now. Not exactly thrilled we are hosting this series. It means i have to stay behind and work concession. :-(

Why is the grass so bad? Y'all should have plenty of qualifed folks that can care for grass.

Cam
05-22-2013, 11:12 AM

....ya could always call in sick!.....:D

pancho villa
05-22-2013, 11:15 AM

Somebody needs a nap!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-24-2013, 06:56 PM
http://956sports.com/2013/05/24/hidalgo-vs-lagrange-live/

warming up

SintonFan_inAustin
05-24-2013, 07:35 PM
should start soon

SintonFan_inAustin
05-24-2013, 07:50 PM
raining again Sinton, tarp back on and game time start delayed again.

Roughneck93
05-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Game has been called.

One game series now, will be played tomorrow at 3 pm.