PDA

View Full Version : Reg 1 Semi Final Baseball: Stephenville vs Andrews 3 game series at MSU in Abilene

hollywood
05-20-2013, 11:18 AM
T7 Stephenville vs R2 Andrews
Game 1: Friday @ McMurry University 7:00
Game 2: Saturday @ McMurry University 12:00
Game 3: Saturday @ McMurry University 30 mins after

Well, Stephenville continues to battle through each week. I don't think many thought the Jackets would still be in it at this point. Especially after losing game 1 to Alvarado last Friday and having to play them at home for a due or die game 2 only followed by a winner advances game 3. The week before they defeated Graham who was heavily favored in a 1 game playoff scenario. Jackets are showing a lot of resilience and competitiveness. They are a well balanced team that loves to compete and has found their stride. Athletes all over the field. I'll have to make the trek to Abilene Friday I suppose to catch another great weekend of HS baseball playoffs!

What does Andrews bring this season? I know they are traditionally strong baseball program, but what are their strengths this season? Pitching, hitting, fielding defense or just a well balanced solid baseball team?

ccmom
05-20-2013, 02:34 PM
t7 stephenville vs r2 andrews
game 1: Friday @ mcmurry university 7:00
game 2: Saturday @ mcmurry university 12:00
game 3: Saturday @ mcmurry university 30 mins after

well, stephenville continues to battle through each week. I don't think many thought the jackets would still be in it at this point. Especially after losing game 1 to alvarado last friday and having to play them at home for a due or die game 2 only followed by a winner advances game 3. The week before they defeated graham who was heavily favored in a 1 game playoff scenario. Jackets are showing a lot of resilience and competitiveness. They are a well balanced team that loves to compete and has found their stride. Athletes all over the field. I'll have to make the trek to abilene friday i suppose to catch another great weekend of hs baseball playoffs!

What does andrews bring this season? I know they are traditionally strong baseball program, but what are their strengths this season? Pitching, hitting, fielding defense or just a well balanced solid baseball team?

MSU?? :thinking:

;)

refereedoc
05-20-2013, 02:42 PM
He must have mistyped McM abbreviation. I :crazy1:hope

ccmom
05-20-2013, 02:45 PM
He must have mistyped McM abbreviation. I :crazy1:hope

Yeah, I knew what he meant but I can't pass up a chance to point out his mistakes.;)

refereedoc
05-20-2013, 02:45 PM
He needs all the hard time you can give him!!

hollywood
05-20-2013, 05:14 PM
LOL! I know.. Too late to change after I realized.

Good to hear from you ccmom... Even if it's pointing out a rare mistake! :tongue: ;)

defense51
05-20-2013, 05:51 PM
The Jackets are a totally different team then I saw in the 3 district games we played against them! This weekend they were hitting the ball consistently, and showed alot of resilience after hitting batters and walking in 3 runs in the first inning of game three. Good luck Yellowjackets!!!

GrTigers6
05-20-2013, 06:04 PM
LOL! I know.. Too late to change after I realized.

Good to hear from you ccmom... Even if it's pointing out a rare mistake! :tongue: ;)

RARE? :D:taunt:

hollywood
05-20-2013, 10:01 PM
RARE? :D:taunt:

Lol.. Trying to get a rise out of AW "editor"! :stirpot:

hollywood
05-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Btw, defense51 is a class act!! Had some good conversations last Friday in Sville.

refereedoc
05-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Btw, defense51 is a class act!! Had some good conversations last Friday in Sville.

I couldn't agree more. He stopped my son after we beat them twice on Saturday and congratulated him.

hollywood
05-21-2013, 12:25 PM
ccmom, you coming over to MU (not MSU) to watch some Jacket baseball Friday night?!?

hollywood
05-21-2013, 12:26 PM
I couldn't agree more. He stopped my son after we beat them twice on Saturday and congratulated him.

That's awesome ref!

hollywood
05-21-2013, 12:29 PM
defense51 and I talked a LOT of sports. A little baseball of course, football outlook for both teams, and a lot of soccer since we both have daughters who play. His going to play at the collegiate level next year! Congrats to her.

Cam
05-21-2013, 01:02 PM

no doubt a good guy!.....I've never met him but you can just tell....unlike you holly!....:kiss:........Hey by the way, I was able to catch the last 4 innings of the first Burnet / Jacket game. Looked to me like the Jackets had some stout young men. I'd say 6 or so looked like football players. If so, it's good to see boys playing both sports for sure...Burnet went thru a phase of boys picking one sport or the other for some reason. Some boys used to say it was pressure from coaches to go one sport only.....I'd hear coaches wanted to see boys in the weight room instead of the baseball diamond.....Not sure how true that is but it looks like those things are changing around here. I'm hearing new AD/HC is very supportive of boys playing whatever the heck they want. And that's the way it should be.

Go Jackets!...Ya'll might as well sweep in all the sports....and get it out of your system and give everybody else a chance!.....:foul:

refereedoc
05-21-2013, 01:43 PM
7 baseball starters and a couple on the bench were on the varsity football team. Our AD is very supportive of boys playing whatever they want (as long as football is most important; just kidding). He is a great athletic supporter:nerd:

defense51
05-21-2013, 02:39 PM
I appreciate the compliments Hollywood and refereedoc, y'all have some good kids, good parents and that's a recipe for success! The Jackets are hitting their peak at the perfect time, I think they can play with anyone if the bats stay hot and reduce a few errors.

hollywood
05-21-2013, 04:38 PM
no doubt a good guy!.....I've never met him but you can just tell....unlike you holly!....:kiss:........Hey by the way, I was able to catch the last 4 innings of the first Burnet / Jacket game. Looked to me like the Jackets had some stout young men. I'd say 6 or so looked like football players. If so, it's good to see boys playing both sports for sure...Burnet went thru a phase of boys picking one sport or the other for some reason. Some boys used to say it was pressure from coaches to go one sport only.....I'd hear coaches wanted to see boys in the weight room instead of the baseball diamond.....Not sure how true that is but it looks like those things are changing around here. I'm hearing new AD/HC is very supportive of boys playing whatever the heck they want. And that's the way it should be.

Go Jackets!...Ya'll might as well sweep in all the sports....and get it out of your system and give everybody else a chance!.....:foul:

You're right Cami... several played football. Now your new AD/HC, I went to HS with him and he did play both football and baseball. Great athlete! ;)

Cam
05-21-2013, 04:53 PM
You're right Cami... several played football. Now your new AD/HC, I went to HS with him and he did play both football and baseball. Great athlete! ;)

Well there ya go.....He's definitely gonna make things better then.........I heard he once blocked a punt, caught it in mid-air, and scored!....or something like that......

ccmom
05-21-2013, 05:31 PM
ccmom, you coming over to MU (not MSU) to watch some Jacket baseball Friday night?!? Nope...gonna be out of town. There's gonna be lots of good baseball in town this weekend, though. 4A Cleburne vs Frenship at HSU should be a good series.

hollywood
05-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Well there ya go.....He's definitely gonna make things better then.........I heard he once blocked a punt, caught it in mid-air, and scored!....or something like that......

Yep. Guess who that was against?!?

hollywood
05-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Nope...gonna be out of town. There's gonna be lots of good baseball in town this weekend, though. 4A Cleburne vs Frenship at HSU should be a good series.

Ok. I knew you would if you could. ;)

hollywood
05-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Top of 6th
Stephenville up 5-3 over Andrews
Westbrook homered in bottom of 5th for the Jackets!
Proud of him! Have known him since he was knew high to a grasshopper. Great competitor!

Tejastrue
05-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Top of 6th
Stephenville up 5-3 over Andrews
Westbrook homered in bottom of 5th for the Jackets!
Proud of him! Have known him since he was knew high to a grasshopper. Great competitor!

I hate auto-correct! lol...

hollywood
05-24-2013, 09:14 PM
I hate auto-correct! lol...

Lol.. Didn't even notice.. But yeah!

Cam
05-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Yep. Guess who that was against?!?

I have no earthly idea!...Who?

hollywood
05-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Brock Morrison (pitcher) 3 run homer off foul pole. 8 to 3 in bottom of 6th!
Top of 7th.
3 quick outs.
Sville wins game 1!

Tejastrue
05-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Brock Morrison (pitcher) 3 run homer off foul pole. 8 to 3 in bottom of 6th!
Top of 7th.
3 quick outs.
Sville wins game 1!

Congrats!

hollywood
05-24-2013, 09:19 PM
I have no earthly idea!...Who?

Stephenville! I know the punter now very well too. Good times.

cookiemonster
05-24-2013, 09:37 PM

Cam do you really believe that? Look at how many good baseball players are playing football only and the number is 0!! Someone pulled your leg Cam!