PDA

View Full Version : Guess What???

regaleagle
05-19-2013, 11:10 PM
I know this news may not mean much to most of you, but looks like I'll be moving into Fredericksburg for the rest of the year and maybe beyond. Now that doesn't mean I'm giving up on my Argyle Eagles(my son & I are forever Eagles), but you do whatever works best for you in life. Right now, it looks like Fred is the place for us. Most of you regulars know I own a roofing co., and just so happens Fredericksburg is where we will be concentrating our efforts probably all the way thru the season. They had baseball sized hail hit the town about 10 days ago, and I'm already up and running. I'll just move myself on over from Sharyland and set a spell. Guess I'll hafta to go watch the Billies this year, huh? Since my wife passed 4 yrs ago this month, and my son is now helping me run the business, we really haven't "resettled" for good yet. Hopefully, that will happen sometime shortly. I'm not getting any younger. In the meantime, it will be nice to be relocated in a 3A town and be able to cheer the boyz on. I guess I'll need to do some research on the district and region. At least I have some background to start with. All comments and suggestions will be taken with a grain of salt!

Tejastrue
05-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Welcome Regal to D-27. One thing I can say is if you appreciate patriotism and an appreciation for the armed forces..then you are in the right place. FYI..they have a Wal-Mart..(old school) and an HEB...which you'll learn to appreciate over time. lol...

Old Tiger
05-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Will probably be down there August 24 for horse racing/Gillespie county fair.

regaleagle
05-20-2013, 03:18 AM
Heck, Tejas....I've been H.E.Buttin' it since way back when the corporate offices were in Corpus Christi.....which was a loooong time ago. Done spotted WallyWorld the way it used to be....so I guess that's a good thing, too. Being an "outsider", I'll be sure to watch what I say on here about how things go footballwise lest I upset some of the old guard. It ain't gonna be Argyle, but it's still 3A and Fred may surprise some folks....maybe even me! I'll look forward to watching your Texans this season as well. Maybe we can share some popcorn together and talk about the SC game.

Cam
05-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Fred's a neat town. I could definitely live there. But I'm not allowed there!.....hey, maybe we'll see ya at the Burnet/Fred non-district game? ......shoot! I might even need your services the way hail has been poundin' the Hill Country these days! My home has been hit at least 3 times this year. Just not with the big hail yet...Something seems to be changing about the weather...seems like every storm nowadays is nasty! Whatever happened to a cool refreshing shower without lightening, high winds, tornadoes, and hail??? :thinking:

Tejastrue
05-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Heck, Tejas....I've been H.E.Buttin' it since way back when the corporate offices were in Corpus Christi.....which was a loooong time ago. Done spotted WallyWorld the way it used to be....so I guess that's a good thing, too. Being an "outsider", I'll be sure to watch what I say on here about how things go footballwise lest I upset some of the old guard. It ain't gonna be Argyle, but it's still 3A and Fred may surprise some folks....maybe even me! I'll look forward to watching your Texans this season as well. Maybe we can share some popcorn together and talk about the SC game.

Looks like we play the Billies here in Wimberley on 11-1. Be nice to have someone on here pulling for Fredericksburg and maybe have a little banter exchange. This may be the year they get back on track. Popcorn and talking about the SC game sounds good. We might even invite Cam. :thinking:

Cam
05-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Looks like we play the Billies here in Wimberley on 11-1. Be nice to have someone on here pulling for Fredericksburg and maybe have a little banter exchange. This may be the year they get back on track. Popcorn and talking about the SC game sounds good. We might even invite Cam. :thinking:

Might??....Might???.......How dare you!!...:foul: