PDA

View Full Version : Top Places To Eat In Your Town

Yoe_09
05-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Well, we have had the BBQ challenge going on, so I figured I would go ahead and ask this question as we get closer to the start of the season and as travel picks up.....

Who has the best food in your town? This could be top American, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, etc... and then top overall.

Scoop27
05-18-2013, 11:29 PM
9'ers and Freddie's in Wharton, Scheller's in Glen Flora and Reyna's in Hungerford

Bull Butter
05-19-2013, 12:27 AM
9'ers and Freddie's in Wharton, Scheller's in Glen Flora and Reyna's in Hungerford
Funny you mentioned that because just last week I stopped at Hinze's and was not that impressed.
The only other place in Wharton I've eaten is Hartz Chicken Buffet :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-19-2013, 12:45 AM
My favorite places in Port Isabel....for breakfast it's Isabel's Cafe. LOVE their huge breakfast tacos. When I say huge, I mean HUGE! Fills the whole plate. And also, Isabel's prices are VERY affordable. Great place to eat at on the cheap.

If you're a sucker for some GOOD Po'Boy sandwiches, I like Pirate's Landing in Port Isabel. It's right next to the causeway going to South Padre Island. Great views of the bay and fishing pier from inside the restaurant.

Best Italian food in Port Isabel? Marcello's is it. I love their Stromboli, great atmosphere, and directly across the street from the Port Isabel Lighthouse.

Old Tiger
05-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Rockdale is pretty much Julio's ino

Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk

Old Tiger
05-19-2013, 01:11 AM
My favorite places in Port Isabel....for breakfast it's Isabel's Cafe. LOVE their huge breakfast tacos. When I say huge, I mean HUGE! Fills the whole plate. And also, Isabel's prices are VERY affordable. Great place to eat at on the cheap.

If you're a sucker for some GOOD Po'Boy sandwiches, I like Pirate's Landing in Port Isabel. It's right next to the causeway going to South Padre Island. Great views of the bay and fishing pier from inside the restaurant.

Best Italian food in Port Isabel? Marcello's is it. I love their Stromboli, great atmosphere, and directly across the street from the Port Isabel Lighthouse.

Once we were in spi and we are at this Mexican hole in the wall joint that was ran by Asians. It was some of the best

Saggy Aggie
05-19-2013, 01:41 AM

24 hr diner in brownsville is the bomb

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Once we were in spi and we are at this Mexican hole in the wall joint that was ran by Asians. It was some of the best

There used to be a Mexican food place on South Padre Island that was widely known for their chips & salsa. Their chips were homemade, not pre-made from bags, and you could immediately tell the difference. The food was great too, especially their enchiladas. The Palmetto Inn was the name of the place, but sadly, it's gone now. They sustained too much damage during Hurricane Dolly and were forced to close up shop.

Well, there's always Blackbeard's for seafood, and Tom & Jerry's for really good burgers and mixed drinks. (I know the head bartender there personally, and he makes my cocktails with the GOOD stuff, not the crappy stuff, and charges me regular price)

Matthew328
05-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Someone post places in Snyder...lol

speedbump
05-19-2013, 10:36 AM
http://www.urbanspoon.com/rph/8/115460/1529428/houston-rudi-lechner-s-german-sampler-plate-photo?page=1

bwdlionfan
05-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Someone post places in Snyder...lol

Best place to eat in Snyder:
http://goo.gl/maps/D0J2x

refereedoc
05-19-2013, 07:00 PM
You got that right. Played Amarillo there last year and DQ was as good as we could find.:bigcry:

Matthew328
05-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Skeet's Texas Grill in Snyder isnt bad....Spanish Inn is OK

upper20
05-19-2013, 09:05 PM
We ate at the Spanish Inn a few weeks ago - mediocre at best. Haven't found anything better there than Skeets

lostaussie
05-20-2013, 07:14 AM
We not much known for our food:D

Bosqueville
05-20-2013, 08:12 AM
In China Spring, TX it has to be Griff's! All you can eat cat fish Fridays and Steak night Saturday night!

pancho villa
05-20-2013, 08:17 AM
West Columbia breakfast-Takaria La Rosa, Lunch/Supper-Lucy's(Mexican)

SHSBulldog00
05-20-2013, 10:20 AM
West Columbia breakfast-Takaria La Rosa, Lunch/Supper-Lucy's(Mexican)

I thought you might say Elmo's :rolleyes:

maestro
05-20-2013, 11:33 AM

Freddie's has good food BUT expensive
You could eat lunch for two extra days for the price of one Freddie's

Sad to read about Hinzes

They were the standard of B B Q for long time IMO

9'ers located on same hwy as Tiger Stadium and Tiger baseball field so very convenient

DKfromDUB
05-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Im a big fan of Montana in The Ville...

cougartino
05-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Kelly's Country Cooking. They have a chicken fried steak that hangs off your plate and a baked potato the side of your foot. Barcena's Mexican Restaurant is good, too.

In case folks are wondering why I didn't include Pit Stop BBQ, they were mentioned on the BBQ thread.

Cam
05-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Hey Greendawg, what's that new hole in the wall place west of 281 on 29? I can't remember the name.....Got voted for best steak, pie, etc. They've got weird hours and only open certain days. I've not made it there yet have you? It's packed whenever they are open......

44INAROW
05-20-2013, 02:05 PM
We not much known for our food:D

unless it's a fish fry at your casa!

areacode337
05-20-2013, 02:21 PM
If you ever near La Porte, Texas you have to eat at Sourthern Komfort Kitchen.....one of the best places I have ever eaten....great hospitatlity......great attmosphere

http://skktx.com/

check it out.....

maestro
05-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Cooper's in Llano
One of the best baseball " scouting " trips I ever made

Haha

Great food....our Head Coach won most of the coin flips....and we ended up winning the playoff game.