PDA

View Full Version : cliff notes to IRS issue

Old Tiger
05-15-2013, 05:08 PM
What are the cliff notes for what is going on with the IRS?

panfan
05-15-2013, 05:19 PM
What are the cliff notes for what is going on with the IRS?

somebody screwed up , got caught, and now they is in a whole heap of deep kimshe.
How's that? :D

44INAROW
05-16-2013, 08:39 AM
somebody screwed up , got caught, and now they is in a whole heap of deep kimshe.
How's that? :D

I am just going to sit back and watch the wheels fall off...... been trying to tell folks for 5 years now that things aren't right.. think this weeks' revelations are just the tip of the iceberg..

waterboy
05-16-2013, 11:37 AM
I am just going to sit back and watch the wheels fall off...... been trying to tell folks for 5 years now that things aren't right.. think this weeks' revelations are just the tip of the iceberg..

I've been trying to tell people for nearly 6 years now. Fire the heads of each department that gets caught, set them up with a pension for life with taxpayer money if they keep quiet, take them out if they don't keep quiet, and deny ever knowing anything. That's the MO.....

MUSTANG69
05-16-2013, 12:00 PM

You better be careful. Statements like this could trigger an audit and a review of all your phone calls.:crazy1:

Manso/V8
05-16-2013, 05:39 PM
I've been trying to tell people for nearly 6 years now. Fire the heads of each department that gets caught, set them up with a pension for life with taxpayer money if they keep quiet, take them out if they don't keep quiet, and deny ever knowing anything. That's the MO.....

The IRS can't fire their own employees, it has to be handled by another govt agency (can't recall which one, but may something lwith Review or Oversight in their name), and a very strict procedure and process has to b e followed.......even then the employee can appeal this decision.
That's government work for you.

That is why they had to "request the resignation" of the acting director to show some type of quick response.

BwdLion73
05-16-2013, 06:14 PM
...who was resigning in June...fell on the sword 15 days early.

Saggy Aggie
05-17-2013, 12:24 PM
The IRS can't fire their own employees, it has to be handled by another govt agency (can't recall which one, but may something lwith Review or Oversight in their name), and a very strict procedure and process has to b e followed.......even then the employee can appeal this decision.
That's government work for you.

That is why they had to "request the resignation" of the acting director to show some type of quick response.

LOL... You're signature...

BwdLion73
05-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Heard at the top of the hour news that when ask how we could prevent and correct the problem he said "we need a bigger budget and more employees"! :1omg!:

MUSTANG69
05-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Heard at the top of the hour news that when ask how we could prevent and correct the problem he said "we need a bigger budget and more employees"! :1omg!:

I watched today's congresssional hearing. That is pretty much what that guy said. His answer to a lot the questions was " I don't remember". He had a hard time remembering any names also. What a joke.

Manso/V8
05-17-2013, 03:48 PM

Flip cup champ

Tejastrue
05-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Flip cup champ

A friend of yours?

Saggy Aggie
05-17-2013, 10:35 PM

Your*

Smh damn autocorrect.

But seriously man... I can't even focus on the thread.

1st and goal
05-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Cliff Notes for Casey: The IRS has been caught harassing, pestering, (call it what you want) conservative political entities. Namely Tea Party applicants. To hear it from a lady in Houston, they totally harassed and asked questions that have nothing to do with taxes, then sent OSHA and some other gov't bureacratic divisions into their business to harass their small business. Admittedly, even the gov't inspectors didn't know why they were being asked to pester this small business.

Turns out the guy that Obama had a press report to say that he'd accepted his resignation had already requested it some time ago.

The scary thing now is that a gal that was in charge of "tax exempt non profit" entities (probably had a lot to do with the scandal), has recently been moved to another division of IRS. She is now over the Obamacare division at the IRS, which will be a huge thing if they don't get it repealed.

I want to watch the train wreck myself. Just not sure where it's gonna happen. Oblahblah seems to have himself and all his czars provided with teflon coats. That's PTFE for you science guys.

Manso/V8
05-17-2013, 11:00 PM
A friend of yours?

One of many, we have a lot of fun down on the farm.

Not really, but back in the day I knew quite a few!

Manso/V8
05-17-2013, 11:01 PM
But seriously man... I can't even focus on the thread.

Hypnotized, or mesmerized?