PDA

View Full Version : La Grange -Needville - Baseball

hookandladder
05-13-2013, 10:12 PM
3 games series at Magnolia starting Friday 7:30 and Saturday 3pm , if game 30 minutes after.

Scoop27
05-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Very unusal location

Weebe
05-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Didn't want to play in Dallas?

speedbump
05-13-2013, 10:49 PM
According to this they are playing at Langham Creek HS. (Barker Cypress at FM 529.)

http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/3a/3a-regional-quarterfinals-round-matchupsresults/

Weebe
05-14-2013, 12:00 AM
According to this they are playing at Langham Creek HS. (Barker Cypress at FM 529.)

http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/3a/3a-regional-quarterfinals-round-matchupsresults/

Langham Creek makes far more sense than Magnolia, but I'll defer to hook on this one.

hookandladder
05-14-2013, 06:09 AM
Langham Creek makes far more sense than Magnolia, but I'll defer to hook on this one.

I wondered the same thing about playing at Magnolia , we were first scheduled to play at Langham Creek however they double booked. Time and place are correct , as of last night 10pm.

Scoop27
05-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Brenham would have made more sense-or even Navasota

speedbump
05-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Sealy isn't busy. That would have been perfect.

maestro
05-14-2013, 03:17 PM
You are approaching this like the coaches agreed on field

The way this usually works is:

Coaches have their home field plus another " site " that they like.

Flip for either home and home or your " other " site.

Then, that site might be taken depending on the date or single game vs series

A coaches playoff meeting can be quick and friendly or drawn out and flip for every single detail.

Weebe
05-14-2013, 06:04 PM
You are approaching this like the coaches agreed on field

The way this usually works is:

Coaches have their home field plus another " site " that they like.

Flip for either home and home or your " other " site.

Then, that site might be taken depending on the date or single game vs series

A coaches playoff meeting can be quick and friendly or drawn out and flip for every single detail.

Well at least one of them suggested Magnolia. I'll assume he was the more geographically challenged of the two.

Scoop27
05-14-2013, 06:53 PM
I can remember a long time ago that in football that superintendents decided where the game would be played

Roughneck93
05-14-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm just glad this a three game series...

hookandladder
05-15-2013, 06:10 AM
I'm just glad this a three game series...

Who does it benefit in your opinion, just curious because I am on the fence either way.

YTBulldogs
05-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Who does it benefit in your opinion, just curious because I am on the fence either way.

Yeah, I see what you mean HL. I think your a great 1 gamer team. But, I also think you have a above average #2. With this opponent, a 3-gamer benefits LG.

Needville #2 (lefty) will not hold up against ya'll. We popped up 60% of the time, we didn't stay back and couldn't hit his curve ball till the 7th. I suggest you have your hitters up in the box on the chalk and stay back, cause no way he can throw his heater past ya.

Needville I assume went for a 1-gamer playoff? Do you know what they wanted? Bluejay's #1 is solid, and he can swing the stick too. He will pitch in game two as well, if they have the lead late and need one inning. I suggest you see pitches in game #1 against him, and make his pitch count go up, so he don't come in for game #2. We didn't, and he didn't have a high pitch count and he put the fire out in our game #2 rally.

hookandladder
05-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I see what you mean HL. I think your a great 1 gamer team. But, I also think you have a above average #2. With this opponent, a 3-gamer benefits LG.

Needville #2 (lefty) will not hold up against ya'll. We popped up 60% of the time, we didn't stay back and couldn't hit his curve ball till the 7th. I suggest you have your hitters up in the box on the chalk and stay back, cause no way he can throw his heater past ya.

Needville I assume went for a 1-gamer playoff? Do you know what they wanted? Bluejay's #1 is solid, and he can swing the stick too. He will pitch in game two as well, if they have the lead late and need one inning. I suggest you see pitches in game #1 against him, and make his pitch count go up, so he don't come in for game #2. We didn't, and he didn't have a high pitch count and he put the fire out in our game #2 rally.

Yes, Needville wanted 1 game.

Roughneck93
05-15-2013, 11:36 PM

I like LG in three.

Think that after Ramsey, the Jays are not as deep on the bump as the Leps.

Would love to see a Vinklarek vs Ramsey matchup...

hookandladder
05-16-2013, 06:17 AM
I like LG in three.

Think that after Ramsey, the Jays are not as deep on the bump as the Leps.

Would love to see a Vinklarek vs Ramsey matchup...

Pretty sure you will see that matchup but thing could always change , keeping runners off base is a must for us to win because we just do not do a good jobing of holding runners on. We get so far out of position and that is when bad things seem to happen for us, second we must continue to hit the ball well in the top of the lineup. I have watched the Ramsey kid pitch , not overpowering but knows how to pitch and competes very well on the mound. Hoping for a good series.

Weebe
05-16-2013, 07:32 AM
YTBulldogs has been stellar in his predictions so far this year.

YTBulldogs
05-16-2013, 10:38 AM

Not really bud, I missed ours. LOL. But, I see LG moving on after this series. But, thanks. Did ride ya'll to state too in football, and missed the finals there badly. Thought ya'll could hang. One of the few who gave you a chance. Didn't see the blistering coming for sure.

speedbump
05-16-2013, 11:21 AM

LOL - Cut it out.