PDA

View Full Version : Hey panfan & LHPfactory

Cam
05-13-2013, 11:52 AM
My son just handed me his 7 on 7 schedule for incoming 8th graders. LH is on the schedule! I didn't think LH played 7 on 7.....that's awesome!....I guess now we're not only gonna have to worry about that crazy slot-t during the regular season, but now LH is going for broke and tryin' to become a passin' juggernaut as well!.....:clap:

panfan
05-13-2013, 12:09 PM
surely you jest. "passing juggernaut" made me almost fall out of my chair.:spitlol: My son has participated in 7 on 7 the last two years for HS - but they do it mainly for the defense, and then they also do it for the linemen challenges. Keeps them active.

Cam
05-13-2013, 12:17 PM
surely you jest. "passing juggernaut" made me almost fall out of my chair.:spitlol: My son has participated in 7 on 7 the last two years for HS - but they do it mainly for the defense, and then they also do it for the linemen challenges. Keeps them active.

well dang.....I never knew ya'll played......learn something everyday round here.......

panfan
05-13-2013, 01:13 PM
well dang.....I never knew ya'll played......learn something everyday round here.......

I should clarify - they never did the formal 7 on 7 where they went against multiple schools and competed in a final bracket. Each years we went up against either a 4a and 5a school. They ran it as I expet the more formal competitions were run, 2 halves, no coaches except watching, etc. They also did a few linemen challenges. It was fun to watch. Glad to hear they are thinking of entering the fray of the 7 on 7 competitions though.

greendawg84
05-13-2013, 02:52 PM
My son just handed me his 7 on 7 schedule for incoming 8th graders. LH is on the schedule! I didn't think LH played 7 on 7.....that's awesome!....I guess now we're not only gonna have to worry about that crazy slot-t during the regular season, but now LH is going for broke and tryin' to become a passin' juggernaut as well!.....:clap:

Yeah ...... now they will try to throw the ball twice a game instead of twice a year !:evillol:

panfan
05-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Yeah ...... now they will try to throw the ball twice a game instead of twice a year !:evillol:

Well Well. look who pulled his head out of the sand, crawled out of the gopher hole, this is for you CAM........ and ............ We thought you went on walk about or something. Hey we threw the ball, it just didn't happen with enough regularity to keep any stats on it. :tongue:

greendawg84
05-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Well Well. look who pulled his head out of the sand, crawled out of the gopher hole, this is for you CAM........ and ............ We thought you went on walk about or something. Hey we threw the ball, it just didn't happen with enough regularity to keep any stats on it. :tongue:

panfan , you getting old on me ....... kinda slow on your come back there Son ! :thinking:

So do you guys really even keep passing stats over there ?

Anyway back to my rock I was under !

panfan
05-14-2013, 10:39 AM
panfan , you getting old on me ....... kinda slow on your come back there Son ! :thinking:

So do you guys really even keep passing stats over there ?

Anyway back to my rock I was under !

sure we keep stats - we use the ol' 4 marks and a diagonal line through to make 5, course we never get past the first 2 tick marks. Doing it this way, if we complete one of those two, then no one in their right minds would try to average 2 numbers, they would just toss the low number as an outlier, and we get credit for the completed pass. We use that old book - How to Make Statistics Lie for You, by Dewey Cheatum and How, (1970).

greendawg84
05-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Now thats better , quick and witty , more what we are used to from you !

I guess your passing stats take up as much paper and you pass plays ...... not very much !!!!! :D

Come to think of it , do you guys even have a play book for that fancy hand off offense you run ......... :evillol:

Cam
05-14-2013, 11:46 AM
you two at it again?!!......:doh:

panfan
05-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Now thats better , quick and witty , more what we are used to from you !

I guess your passing stats take up as much paper and you pass plays ...... not very much !!!!! :D

Come to think of it , do you guys even have a play book for that fancy hand off offense you run ......... :evillol:

We don't need no stinkin playbook: Its simple, dive up the middle, round the outside to the right, round the outside to the left, and bootleg pass. Course we run only three of these regular like. Playbook - what is that? :D

LHPfactory
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM

I havent been on here in a few, I am actually coaching the incomming LH 7th graders 7on7 team, you aught to see us run the TRAP in 7on7, Burnet and Llano will never see it comming.... ;)

Traps and Sweeps are legal in 7on7 right?.... :)

Cam
05-23-2013, 09:31 AM
I havent been on here in a few, I am actually coaching the incomming LH 7th graders 7on7 team, you aught to see us run the TRAP in 7on7, Burnet and Llano will never see it comming.... ;)

Traps and Sweeps are legal in 7on7 right?.... :)

:tisk:..........where you been hidin'?....I was startin' to worry!

LHPfactory
05-23-2013, 11:39 AM
:tisk:..........where you been hidin'?....I was startin' to worry!

Ive been busy trying to figure out how to run a trap in 7on7 without guards.....