PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs Raymondville- 4 Great minutes!!

SintonFan
09-01-2002, 07:41 PM
This is my take on the game:
Sinton started and ended rusty. They looked like they could really improve but Ramondville might have had something to do with that. They started with a head of steam and Ramon Moreno scored first from 34 out. Watch out Valley! This guy is pretty good. I saw his knee an inch or 2 from the ground several times and he recovered nicely for more gains. If he continues to get some playing time he should get 1000 yards easily.
Sinton started slow and shot themselves in the foot many times (if they were shooting for toes, there wouldn't be any left).Ruiz returned a punt 96 yards in electrifying fashion. Julian and the kicking game could have beaten Ramondville all by themselves on offense. The reason why I say that is because the Sinton D shut down the opponent the rest of the night. The half ended 10-6 Sinton.
Now after the boys probably geting chewed out somewhat from the coach, Sinton came out on fire. Julian returned the 2nd half kickoff 95 yards and at last the crowd came alive! After a three-out and punt from the opposition, Alaniz scored from 38 out on a run. Again after another short series from Raymondville (they seemed to be going backwards), this time Bubba scampered for a 14 yard run. FOUR GREAT MINUTES, from halftime to something like 8:36 left in the 3rd the score went from 10-6 to 31-6. The rest of the game was lukewarm. Bubba did have a long run called back on a personal foul I believe. He's got great speed. There was no doubt anyone from the other team could even get close as he pulled away from the line of scrimmage. Alaniz passed for 70 yards on 6-13 and a pick. Too many underthrown balls. A good DB would have made him pay. There was also a couple dropped balls. All in all, the D showed they can be really good. They held Ramondville to 137 total yards with 36 coming from the air and a pick. Raymondville had almost zilch in the 2nd half. The O needs work, starting with the line. It seemed they would get something going and then start going backwards on their own. Jurach missed a couple of over 40 yard field goal attempts but he had lots of leg and were close. I've said all along that my pirates start slow, I hope they can quickly shore up their problems. I have confidence that they will.
extra notes:
I know that Jerry Jurach is a popular player and all but when all those people started chanting' "JERRY JERRY JERRY", I was wondering where Springer was. I hope that kid has some iron nuts because that is alot of pressure on a young person just before a kick.
Also, Sinton might have had around 300 return yards!
I hope this helps those who weren't at the game. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

sinfan75
09-01-2002, 09:00 PM
Jurach was hearin his name chanted like that last year so I think he's probably used to it.I think if the wind was down a little he'd been good on all his kicks.He's got a hell of a leg.Good recap on the game.Hopefully they'll show some improvement this week.The main thing is that rollin come district.That's when it all starts countin.

SintonFan
09-01-2002, 09:07 PM
Your right about that 75. West Oso beat San Diego 35-9. District might be a little tougher is WS comes on strong this year. Mathis seemed to start in mid-season form. AP and Ingleside should be much improved.
75, I asked for 'Yato' a few times near the opponent buses, but people looked at me strange. They thought I was asking for 'vato'. Lol...

eye of the tiger
09-01-2002, 09:21 PM
Good analysis on the game SintonFan. And that 4 minutes was really something. Thats the kind of thing that will break a teams back for sure. And exciting to see if it is your team doing the damage.

SintonFan
09-01-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
Good analysis on the game SintonFan. And that 4 minutes was really something. Thats the kind of thing that will break a teams back for sure. And exciting to see if it is your team doing the damage.

eye of the tiger, you brought up a good point on them getting their back broken. An old man I respect sitting next to me said the exact same thing at the 3rd score in the 3rd quarter. I'm not saying your old, just wise. hehe...

sinton66
09-01-2002, 09:49 PM
So how come you didn't take a laptop and a cell phone and webcast for me?(tee hee). Did you get your pm SintonFan? That was indeed a good analysis. I think the kids probably did have a little hard time getting up for Raymondville. Something tells me that won't be the case against GP.

eye of the tiger
09-01-2002, 10:16 PM
Thanks SintonFan. I am pretty old. At least after moving my mother-in-law from Commerce to Fort Worth today, I feel old. LOL. I really enjoy the spirit you Sinton fans have. It is a pleasure to read your posts. Im pretty sure Ill make it down at least once this year,if for not other reason, I want a tortilla burger.

sinton66
09-01-2002, 10:22 PM
eye of the tiger, thanks for the kind words! We'd love to see you! Just a suggestion, but if you could make it for week 10, that should be a good one, and the tortilla burgers ought to be in fine form by then.

eye of the tiger
09-01-2002, 10:39 PM
yes the battle of the Pirates in week 10 should be a good one. Is there a name for this battle? Like battle for the Jolly Roger or something.

footballgal
09-01-2002, 10:50 PM
You are right eye of the tiger; these old gentlemen LOL (J/K you are not old just wiser) from Sinton are just a lot of fun to see what they have to say in their posts. I see that most of them are not bias about their teams or at least can be objective and that's what makes a good FAN the opposite of a FANATIC, which we all I am sure have a few in our perspective towns.

By the way that Tortilla Burger really sounds good about now, I best go to bed before I eat something like Ice cream so late, then later regret it!

sinton66
09-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Oh Mathis always calls themselves the "real" Pirates. I heard once they were called the Pirates before Sinton was, but have never seen any proof of it. Doesn't really matter, we both take great pleasure out of torturing each other when we can. Guess we could call it the 3A championship of San Patricio County. If we beat GP next week, guess Mathis game would have to be the super bowl of San Pat!(of course that's IF Aransas Pass doesn't thump BOTH of us.)

footballgal
09-01-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by sinton66:
Oh Mathis always calls themselves the "real" Pirates. I heard once they were called the Pirates before Sinton was, but have never seen any proof of it. Doesn't really matter, we both take great pleasure out of torturing each other when we can. Guess we could call it the 3A championship of San Patricio County. If we beat GP next week, guess Mathis game would have to be the super bowl of San Pat!(of course that's IF Aransas Pass doesn't thump BOTH of us.)

How is GP this year sinton66, I use to hear about them a lot, but the last few years it's been more of Calallen?

Yeah, sounds like the two Pirate match-up will be a dandy! I know what you mean sometimes the rivalries can get you sidetracked a little and forget about the other teams in the district.

footballgal
09-01-2002, 10:58 PM
my computer froze ... did a double take

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 01, 2002).]

sinton66
09-01-2002, 11:22 PM
GP finished second in their district last year and got dumped in the first round. Beeville won that district and went about 3 rounds deep. GP was pretty young last year and should return a bunch. They went back into Calallen's district this year and probably should contend. We haven't played GP for MANY years, we stopped playing them for reasons we don't need to go into here, but I hope all that's changed. George Harris(from Refugio) is coach there now, and hopefully can control his bunch. I'm kinda worried a little because of ancient past history between us. I'm sure our coaches will be on the lookout though. There's one of THOSE kinds of fans over there we would all love to thumb our nose at!

SintonFan
09-02-2002, 01:32 AM
66, I have'nt checked my pm's. Also if I took a laptop, you might not respond!

sinfan75
09-02-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan:
Your right about that 75. West Oso beat San Diego 35-9. District might be a little tougher is WS comes on strong this year. Mathis seemed to start in mid-season form. AP and Ingleside should be much improved.
75, I asked for 'Yato' a few times near the opponent buses, but people looked at me strange. They thought I was asking for 'vato'. Lol...

LOL!!Yep every time I get introduced I get that same strange look."WHAT THA HELL KINDA NAME IS THAT"look!!

sinton66
09-02-2002, 07:27 AM
eye of the tiger, I thought of a name for the game! How about the "Broadside"? You know we actually used to have a cannon at the games. Fired two blank 12ga. shotgun shells at once. Man, that thing was LOUD!

SintonFan, exactly what "kinda" laptop you talking about? I need to know that before deciding if I would respond or not. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

SintonFan
09-02-2002, 01:39 PM
Hey Hey Hey...
*** are you talking about? LOL...

sinton66
09-02-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan:
66, I have'nt checked my pm's. Also if I took a laptop, you might not respond!

As if! Why wouldn't I?(TeeHee, you confused me there for a while)

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 02, 2002).]

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2002, 10:19 PM
Yep the pirates looked awesome for those 4 minutes.offense, special teams and defense all click at the same time.Was worried there for a minute, but i also went to the TM game last year wasnt the score like 27 to 10 and almost the same type of game to start the season.

SintonFan
09-02-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin:
Yep the pirates looked awesome for those 4 minutes.offense, special teams and defense all click at the same time.Was worried there for a minute, but i also went to the TM game last year wasnt the score like 27 to 10 and almost the same type of game to start the season.
Sinton beat TM 28-6 last year. Raymondville is a much better team IMO than TM. Their secondary played well for a first game. Sinton just sometimes start slow, especially now with a new O line.