PDA

View Full Version : Boys Golf: Winters Wins State

regaleagle
05-08-2013, 02:28 AM
The Winters Boys golf team won the state tournament this past week in Austin at the Jimmy Clay Golf Course. They held a 3-stroke lead over Argyle going into the final round. With 4 holes left, Argyle had tied the stroke total, but after the last putt had dropped it was Winters that was crowned State Champ by one stroke. Fredricksburg, last year's Boys Golf state champion, defeated Big Spring in a playoff for 3rd and were 24 strokes back of 2nd place Argyle. Congrats to the Winters Boys team for their state title in golf. Argyle made the trip last year, but ended up ballooning to a 4th place on the final day. This year, they did much better....but fell one stroke short of a tie and playoff with Winters. Chad Campbell on the PGA tour is from Winters. They must have some sort of successful golf program going on over there in Winters. :2thumbsup FORE!!!

NastySlot
05-08-2013, 06:32 AM
The Winters Boys golf team won the state tournament this past week in Austin at the Jimmy Clay Golf Course. They held a 3-stroke lead over Argyle going into the final round. With 4 holes left, Argyle had tied the stroke total, but after the last putt had dropped it was Winters that was crowned State Champ by one stroke. Fredricksburg, last year's Boys Golf state champion, defeated Big Spring in a playoff for 3rd and were 24 strokes back of 2nd place Argyle. Congrats to the Winters Boys team for their state title in golf. Argyle made the trip last year, but ended up ballooning to a 4th place on the final day. This year, they did much better....but fell one stroke short of a tie and playoff with Winters. Chad Campbell on the PGA tour is from Winters. They must have some sort of successful golf program going on over there in Winters. :2thumbsup FORE!!!

Winters is a class A school. The 3A boys champs were from Andrews I believe

ccmom
05-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Winters is a class A school. The 3A boys champs were from Andrews I believe

Yes and Chad Campbell is also from Andrews.

bigwood33
05-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Not 3A anymore but Whitesboro's boys golf team finished 2nd to Holiday in 2A. That is certainly the best finish Whitesboro has ever had in golf.

regaleagle
05-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I always get those two names mixed up for some reason....I read Andrews and wrote Winters. Seems like I've done that before at sometime in the past....weird. My apologies to the Andrews faithful. And thanks for the correction, Bigwood. Maybe I watched "Lost in Space" too much as a kid, lol.

bigwood33
05-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I always get those two names mixed up for some reason....I read Andrews and wrote Winters. Seems like I've done that before at sometime in the past....weird. My apologies to the Andrews faithful. And thanks for the correction, Bigwood. Maybe I watched "Lost in Space" too much as a kid, lol.
I think that was NastySlot that first saw your "Winters" mistake...not me :crazy1: Still "Lost in Space" are we?

regaleagle
05-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Apparently so.....yep, yesirree, without a doubt, you said it partner. Are were there yet???