PDA

View Full Version : Got kids / grandkids playing sports? Let's hear it!

Cam
05-06-2013, 10:56 AM
We may have done this already, but it sure would be interesting to know who on the Downlow has kids or grandkids playing (or will be playing) the foosball (football) & other sports. Let's hear it from you proud mommas and poppas. What grades are they in now & what is their favorite sport?

I'll start. I've got 3 kids (one girly & two boys). I'm down to my last one! :bigcry:......13 yr. old 7th grader. Plays: Football, baseball, basketball, & track & field.
His favorite sport he says is: Football. Although I hope the lanky lefty takes more interest in baseball in the coming years....

How bout ya'll?

defense51
05-06-2013, 11:04 AM
I have a daughter that is graduating and will be continuing her soccer career at Ottawa University (Kansas) in the fall, and a son (sophomore) who plays football and baseball.

44INAROW
05-06-2013, 11:22 AM
I have 3 sons - had an active Gobbler from 1987 to 2007... lots of miles following football, baseball, track and golf..... (2 state tourneys for youngest) We did have the pleasure of seeing all 3 boys play in a state championship game.. We still go to games (football and baseball) even though our boys are long out of high school... Now we're starting all over again with the 2nd granddaughter. She's going in the 7th and wants to play basketball, volleyball and softball............ Here we go again ;)

refereedoc
05-06-2013, 11:27 AM
I have one son left playing football, baseball, and running track in 10th grade. I am guessing my son's favorite is baseball, but made regionals in Track and played in the Big Game this year.

Cam
05-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Wonder if there's any Downlowers who are currently playing? Sure would like to hear from them.....although I'm imagining the demographics of this site consists of mostly us old farts!....

panfan
05-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Got three - sophmores twin boy and girl - he plays football and runs track (used to play baseball :bigcry:) - she is a pitcher in softball and throws the discus. Youngest daughter is a pitcher in softball on her travel team, low post on the basketball team, and like V-ball - I suspect as a 7th grader next year - she will want to do it all.

Cam
05-06-2013, 12:50 PM
I've got a cousin who's a Texas Ranger (lawman, not the baseball player). He's got an 8th grader who plays QB in the Sharyland school district...I'm tryin' real hard to convince him to come to Burnet....He loves this area.....plus, his job in south Texas is crazy dangerous cause of the cartel issues he deals with....Heck, round here, bout the worse he'd get into is havin' to deal with Greendawg and his shenanigans!......, ..Man, I would love to see his kid play with mine someday......but, probably never happen.....

Cam
05-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Got three - sophmores twin boy and girl - he plays football and runs track (used to play baseball :bigcry:) - she is a pitcher in softball and throws the discus. Youngest daughter is a pitcher in softball on her travel team, low post on the basketball team, and like V-ball - I suspect as a 7th grader next year - she will want to do it all.

3 kids..Wow!....panfan, we knew you had it in you....just didn't think there'd be anyone to let it out!.....just messin' with ya dude!....ya know I love you you ugly cuss!.....:evillol:

Rabid Cougar
05-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Oldest son going into his senior year at North Texas playing football. Will be a 3 year starter. Played in last High School football game in Texas Stadium in SC game vs Celina 2007. Qualified for State Track Meet 3 years.
Youngest son presently a Junior at China Spring. Plays varsity football and baseball. Played on Regional Finalist baseball team in 2012.

FB-fanatic
05-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Oldest played HS football, then on to A&M and played 4 years of Rugby, now in medical school.

Youngest is 16 year old QB Junior. Played lots of select baseball before dropping his Freshman year and playing HS soccer instead as a backup sport.

panfan
05-07-2013, 08:56 AM
3 kids..Wow!....panfan, we knew you had it in you....just didn't think there'd be anyone to let it out!.....just messin' with ya dude!....ya know I love you you ugly cuss!.....:evillol:

I wore my TOm selleck mask the first time and it was all good. Next time wore the Brad Pitt mask, again it wa all good. In between, used paper bag and nothin. Perfect birth control.

LOL!

Cam
05-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I wore my TOm selleck mask the first time and it was all good. Next time wore the Brad Pitt mask, again it wa all good. In between, used paper bag and nothin. Perfect birth control.

LOL!

......was that a post Troy Brad Pitt masK?.......:crazy1: