PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the UIL

XMan
05-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Today we enter the 2nd week of baseball playoffs. The UIL at this point ALMOST has the baseball brackets completly filled in, bravo.

speedbump
05-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Today we enter the 2nd week of baseball playoffs. The UIL at this point ALMOST has the baseball brackets completly filled in, bravo.

They are keeping the D-25 winner a secret. Maybe they are planning a contest of some kind.

Matthew328
05-06-2013, 07:30 AM
That maxpreps deal is working out awesome

ApachePride
05-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Maybe they are making sure no teams raised their finger when scoring a run so they don't have to disqualify them...

957tiger
05-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Congrats, really. Not wanting to mix threads, but the UIL blew it in regards to the Columbus track team. Gutless and cowardly. I guess the decision was made on an officials personal views, worse yet the dictatorship that exists at the administrative level of the UIL is even worse. I say name names and call them out for who they are. Texans are know for doing just that , making and taking a political stand. God Bless Texas.

Matthew328
05-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Congrats, really. Not wanting to mix threads, but the UIL blew it in regards to the Columbus track team. Gutless and cowardly. I guess the decision was made on an officials personal views, worse yet the dictatorship that exists at the administrative level of the UIL is even worse. I say name names and call them out for who they are. Texans are know for doing just that , making and taking a political stand. God Bless Texas.

There is another thread about Columbus...have fun there

refereedoc
05-06-2013, 11:30 AM

For the love of humanity, please don't continue that topic on this thread. :(

XMan
05-06-2013, 11:42 AM
The cool part is that the UIL is the ones responsible for receiving all the info from the schools as to who is in. Meaning, if ANYONE would know who is in, its THEM. Ironically, there is another website that is dedicated to texas high school baseball, and they know all the teams that are in. Heck, they even have scores from last week and sites and times for most of the area round games. If it aint football, the UIL dont care!

Matthew328
05-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Actually UIL does a pretty poor job updating football brackets also

bigwood33
05-06-2013, 01:24 PM
The UIL relies on AD's to report scores and IF that happens in a timely fashion, they do a pretty good job of updating the website.

XMan
05-06-2013, 05:21 PM
They are paying all these people a bunch of money to sit around in an office all day. How bout pick up a phone and figure it out? Like I say, teams have to send in their district certification to play the first round. The UIL says that they are all about whats best for kids. In truth, they are all about what makes money for themselves.

Scoop27
05-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Just remember before the internet and UIL had a website

Saggy Aggie
05-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Just remember before the internet and UIL had a website

What?

bigwood33
05-06-2013, 09:16 PM
They are paying all these people a bunch of money to sit around in an office all day. How bout pick up a phone and figure it out? Like I say, teams have to send in their district certification to play the first round. The UIL says that they are all about whats best for kids. In truth, they are all about what makes money for themselves.
Have you ever actually been to the UIL offices? My guess is that you have not. Here's an idea for you, move to a state where baseball is king and no one has ever heard of the UIL....maybe you will be happier.

rockdale80
05-06-2013, 10:01 PM

Idiot...

XMan
05-07-2013, 08:53 PM
mmmmmm me caveman, me like football. anyone who like anything else dumb. Wish they move away. ha hahahahahaha

bigwood33
05-07-2013, 09:08 PM
mmmmmm me caveman, me like football. anyone who like anything else dumb. Wish they move away. ha hahahahahaha
Not exactly. I played as a boy and in HS and both of my boys were all district baseball players. I just don't whine continuously about baseball not getting the same coverage as football. Here's a clue...the country as a whole likes football better than baseball. If you don't believe it, just take a look at the attendance of HS football and baseball games...or college football and baseball games...or TV ratings for the World Series vs BCS football games (the Super Bowl would not be fair since it is a 1 game event and the most watched event in the US every year). I also don't complain about the job that the UIL does. They are not a perfect organization and I disagree with their decisions and policies at times but I don't complain about things that I am not likely to be able to change. Since you continually do, it only makes sense that you might be happier somewhere else...if that is, you can find a place where baseball is king.