PDA

View Full Version : Paris Football coach and AD open

catgut
05-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Late to be looking for a head coach and AD but Bowman decided to leave last week to take a DC job at Spring Hill. What's the odds of getting a good one this late? Tons of talent coming in next couple of years for the right coach.

Matthew328
05-05-2013, 12:01 PM
I think some big names will apply....a guy I really like is Holcomb from Lexington...he's a native of Cooper

Dogman_1969
05-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Holcomb is a good coach and has built Lexington into a regular playoff team. Don't know if he would go that far away from the area though. He had applied at a area school one time in the past.

catgut
05-05-2013, 04:40 PM
They're only taking applications until May 10.

Phil C
05-05-2013, 06:50 PM
You never can tell. I remember in Freer in 1972 (I think) had just had 3 bad years by our standard and our coach quit just after fall practice had started. Coach Ted Gray who had some success had Refugio had left for a bigger school but quit at the same time because of a conflict with the administration that I don't remember. But on the rebound Freer and Coach Gray (I apologize if this isn't spelled right) got each other for that season on the rebound. After the season he went to Calallen. I know a school board member and he knew he would be gone after the football season but what a great fun season it was as Freer won district and got to regional before losing. After 3 frustrating years it was a terrific change.

lostaussie
05-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Late to be looking for a head coach and AD but Bowman decided to leave last week to take a DC job at Spring Hill. What's the odds of getting a good one this late? Tons of talent coming in next couple of years for the right coach.I heard this last week...............must be more to the story. Leaving Paris to take a DC at Spring Hill...........wth??

catgut
05-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Sadly, there is more to the story. Best coach we've had in 25 years but ..................

ethsfbnut
05-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Sadly, there is more to the story. Best coach we've had in 25 years but ..................

Catgut, what happened to Rainey? Where`s he now?

waterboy
05-06-2013, 09:58 AM
I think he's taking the DC job at Pine Tree. At least that's what I've read and heard. It's still in Longview but I thought I would correct that. He's coached with Fitzhenry before, and wants to be closer to his family, plus I don't think he took much of a pay cut, so it's probably a good "lateral" move for his family and himself.

waterboy
05-06-2013, 10:00 AM

I know some Raineys from that area. Which one are you speaking of?

Matthew328
05-06-2013, 10:58 AM
There's more to it...my daughter lives in Paris so I've got ties there...Bowman's a hell of a coach...tough deal for Paris football

lostaussie
05-06-2013, 02:22 PM
I think he's taking the DC job at Pine Tree. At least that's what I've read and heard. It's still in Longview but I thought I would correct that. He's coached with Fitzhenry before, and wants to be closer to his family, plus I don't think he took much of a pay cut, so it's probably a good "lateral" move for his family and himself.Hell that's worse than Spring Hill:doh:

catgut
05-06-2013, 03:38 PM

Benton is out of the school business now and running an oil company.

catgut
05-06-2013, 03:39 PM
yeah it could have been a good deal for many years. Hope we get a good one to replace with what he's already got in place.

Txbroadcaster
05-06-2013, 04:59 PM
sounds like same reason he had to "leave" Bullard ....went to Van as DC

ethsfbnut
05-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Benton is out of the school business now and running an oil company.

Thanks. Played against him and rest of the Raineys many moons ago. Good athletes and people.

Matthew328
05-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Paris will offer the job to a current DFW area head coach....big school guy

catgut
05-08-2013, 07:05 AM
I think I know who you're referring to but not sure that's going to be the case. He's never really done a lot at the school he's at now. Only thing I've heard is there's some good names put in for it so far.

Matthew328
05-08-2013, 03:05 PM
He's been offered the job...its just a matter if he'll accept...he was on campus today