PDA

View Full Version : Collier-Sharp ranking are here!!

Ranger Mom
07-07-2003, 08:49 AM
Collier-Sharp (http://www.collier-sharp.com)

LeopardPride
07-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Thanks RangerMom for the info.

wildstangs
07-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Clyde ranked higher than Abilene Wylie?

VWG
07-07-2003, 09:41 PM
wildstangs:
Clyde ranked higher than Abilene Wylie?I agree with you, what was this guy smokin'?
I think Clyde might have a hard time with Wylie's JV team.

RBARKER
07-07-2003, 09:52 PM
This guy is picking Gilmer to win the DIV II State Champ. I like the web site for some of the historical Info., but i think this guy needs a new formula to run. IS Gilmer going to be that good this year?

wildstangs
07-07-2003, 10:08 PM
VWG:

wildstangs:
Clyde ranked higher than Abilene Wylie?I agree with you, what was this guy smokin'?
I think Clyde might have a hard time with Wylie's JV team.Hell, he must know something that we dont know. Are you going to make it out to the Bowl this year for the Sweetwater - Graham game?

big daddy russ
07-08-2003, 01:41 AM
Woo hoo! Ingleside's hanging in there at #175. Go get 'em boys.

sinton66
07-08-2003, 07:27 AM
I like 38. That's a good place to start. Heck, nobody should be scared of us after this, right? wink

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-08-2003, 08:11 AM
Sinton at 38? Geez.......

And Port Isabel at 25, i'm cool with that.

District303aPastPlayer
07-08-2003, 10:34 AM
Gilmer? Kirbyville? Rusk? Clyde? Can someone please tell me who these top 50 teams are. i have NEVER heard of them... am i missing something..

BUDDY
07-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Gilmer has not won a playoff game in as many years as I have researched, and that is 5. They do have 9/8 starters returning from a 8-3 team that got defeated by Daingerfield 36-23 in Bi-District 2002. Rusk has a running back named Cody Glenn returning that will be a junior. He will be very highly recruited following this season. They also got defeated by Daingerfield 35-14 in the Regional semi-finals(3rd round)2002. Gilmer will be talented, but probably not as talented as their coach sells them to be. He has although, taken a program that was not competitive, to a program that is very good. Ranked 2nd in the state IS over ranking them. Yes, this guy was for sure using some bad information or taking some kind of mind altering drug. LOL !

<small>[ July 08, 2003, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: BUDDY ]</small>

3afan2K3
07-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Wow, they have Forney at #18....Does anyone know where I can get their 2002 preseason rankings and picks?

<small>[ July 08, 2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

jason
07-08-2003, 01:51 PM
haha...Kemp...

exbccards76'smom
07-08-2003, 03:47 PM
I didn't see Bridge City at all... :( frown

VWG
07-08-2003, 05:38 PM
wildstangs:

VWG:

wildstangs:
I think Clyde might have a hard time with Wylie's JV team.Hell, he must know something that we dont know. Are you going to make it out to the Bowl this year for the Sweetwater - Graham game?Will do my best. It should be a great game, just like last year. Sweetwater has some great pre-season games on their schedule. Are they opening up with Vernon?

sinton66
07-08-2003, 05:51 PM
exbccards76'smom:
I didn't see Bridge City at all... :( :(Bridge City is at #58.

audasmom7
07-08-2003, 06:44 PM
HMMMM.... Does anyone know what the last year picks were?

exbccards76'smom
07-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks sinton66...guess I didn't look close enough. wink

sinton66
07-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Collier-Sharp doesn't keep the past preseason rankings on their site. They probably have them on file somewhere. If you are interested, you could try to email them at colliersharp@hotmail.com.

Owen B
07-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Collier-Sharp does have its preseason and weekly top ten since 2000 on the site. They're listed under the "Other Polls" link, along with past year's DCTF and AP polls.

sinton66
07-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Thanks, Owen B, I never noticed that.

Matthew328
07-09-2003, 12:38 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking Gilmer will be very good...I'm telling you watch out for the Buckeyes...

Old Cardinal
07-09-2003, 12:51 PM
Gilmer plays a weak preseason and weak District...I would not be surprised that they could go 10-0 and still not have a very good team...Playoffs-one and out!

Matthew328
07-09-2003, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't say Gilmer plays a weak non-district schedule...Gladewater is a playoff team year in year out...and also Gilmer's arch-rival....Jefferson was a playoff team last year and they have a lot of good players back....Wills Point was 10-1 last year, they may be a down some this year but they'll still be tough...Texarkana PG is thought of very highly by many people this year..and Longview Pine Tree was a 6-4 4A team last year....not exactly a patsy schedule...11-3A isn't a great district but Lindale year in year out is tough...

rholl
07-09-2003, 03:42 PM
there is a guy on another site claiming Collier Sharp has DFW bias...so I figured that would fly well over here with some of threads that have been on here. I've looked....I don't really notice a bias towards DFW football on Collier Sharp......anyone think that there is????????

blue_tiger
07-09-2003, 10:39 PM
You aren't alone Matthew, I have said since last year the Buckeyes will be the team to beat in Region II (if they go DII that is). Seeing is believing, and if they are anywhere close to being the team they were last year when we played them, they will be very tough. The one thing they have going against them is they will have to play aomeone from 12-3A, probably the toughest district in the state. They had a state championship contender last year, they just had another contender staring them in the face in bi-district from Daingerfield.

Ranger Mom
07-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Owen B:
Collier-Sharp does have its preseason and weekly top ten since 2000 on the site. They're listed under the "Other Polls" link, along with past year's DCTF and AP polls.Just looked back at last year's Collier-Sharp polls. Greenwood joined the Top 10 in week 15, Bandera was never in the top 10. That just goes to show you - you NEVER know!!!

Matthew328
07-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Gilmer was indeed very good last year....they just were unfortunate in running into Daingerfield last year in Rd 1.....again this year they could be facing either D'field or Atlanta in Round 1...either way a very good team will be sitting home early..

mustang04
07-10-2003, 04:46 PM
what are we ranked??? Sweetwater that is

Gilmer Buckeye
07-12-2003, 03:32 PM
BUDDY:
Gilmer has not won a playoff game in as many years as I have researched, and that is 5. They do have 9/8 starters returning from a 8-3 team that got defeated by Daingerfield 36-23 in Bi-District 2002. Rusk has a running back named Cody Glenn returning that will be a junior. He will be very highly recruited following this season. They also got defeated by Daingerfield 35-14 in the Regional semi-finals(3rd round)2002. Gilmer will be talented, but probably not as talented as their coach sells them to be. He has although, taken a program that was not competitive, to a program that is very good. Ranked 2nd in the state IS over ranking them. Yes, this guy was for sure using some bad information or taking some kind of mind altering drug. LOL !

Gilmer Buckeye
07-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Maybe I'll get the hang of it this time. You make some good points about our playoff history. Also, others have said our coach has been talking it up. Actually, all he ever said was that if the players and the community really believed they could do it, that a state championship was possible this year.

Jeff Traylor is by nature a very optimistic fellow, but he is also more media savvy than the quotes which appeared a few months ago in both the Gilmer and Longview papers would indicate. At any rate, he got Collier-Sharp's attention, it looks like.

I'll say one thing and you can take it to the bank. The Gilmer offense is more fun to watch than any team--pro, college, high school, you name it--in the state (okay, maybe I'm a little biased) and so far it has been a good year for Buckeyes in other places such as Ohio. But everyone in Gilmer knows that talk is cheap.

Another thing in closing: the Gilmer Buckeyes, win or lose, will always play with the class and character instilled in them by their superb coaching staff. Otherwise, they won't last long on the team. No parent could ask for a better mentoring program for his or her child than is provided by the Buckeye athletic department these days, IMHO.

RBARKER
07-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Gilmer Buckeye:
Maybe I'll get the hang of it this time. You make some good points about our playoff history. Also, others have said our coach has been talking it up. Actually, all he ever said was that if the players and the community really believed they could do it, that a state championship was possible this year.

Jeff Traylor is by nature a very optimistic fellow, but he is also more media savvy than the quotes which appeared a few months ago in both the Gilmer and Longview papers would indicate. At any rate, he got Collier-Sharp's attention, it looks like.

I'll say one thing and you can take it to the bank. The Gilmer offense is more fun to watch than any team--pro, college, high school, you name it--in the state (okay, maybe I'm a little biased) and so far it has been a good year for Buckeyes in other places such as Ohio. But everyone in Gilmer knows that talk is cheap.

Another thing in closing: the Gilmer Buckeyes, win or lose, will always play with the class and character instilled in them by their superb coaching staff. Otherwise, they won't last long on the team. No parent could ask for a better mentoring program for his or her child than is provided by the Buckeye athletic department these days, IMHO.Well said, Welcome to the web sight. I don't know if we have had a Buckeye on here before. By the way where is Gilmer?

<small>[ July 12, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: RBARKER ]</small>

Gilmer Buckeye
07-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Gilmer is 20 miles northwest of Longview and 35 miles northeast of Tyler. It's about halfway between I-20 and I-30.

true_blue_tiger
07-12-2003, 11:12 PM
While I don't believe Daingerfield should be ranked 2nd, I do believe Daingerfield and Spring Hill should be ranked higher than Atlanta and Gilmer. After all Daingerfield did beat both of them rather handily last year, and Spring Hill made it to the 4th round of the playoffs.

big daddy russ
07-13-2003, 03:16 AM
rholl:
there is a guy on another site claiming Collier Sharp has DFW bias...so I figured that would fly well over here with some of threads that have been on here. I've looked....I don't really notice a bias towards DFW football on Collier Sharp......anyone think that there is????????He's from the Victoria area. There's no DFW bias whatsoever. The guy on the other website is just plain stupid. The guy who runs Collier-Sharp uses a mathematical equation much like the Data Poll. He tries to leave human logic out of it.

the tigers are back
07-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Hey bid daddy russ... what's going on in ingelside. Hey we will have to come play ya'll again in the heat of the day. Oh it was ever so hot over there, but this year i will be bringing me an umberella with me. So how does ingelside look this year do really have to worry this year. wink