PDA

View Full Version : Just 2 more months!

Phil C
05-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Then it will be 2013 Tour De France time! :) :clap:

movethechain
05-03-2013, 12:28 PM
I will probably still tune it to watch, but feel that it is now more accurately described (by others) as "The Tour De Farce". Hope they are able to finally get the sport cleaned up, but fear it's like computer viruses ... always another way the hackers (cheaters) to get around the security (rules).

Cam
05-03-2013, 03:55 PM
.....and I thought this thread was about a pregnancy!......

Phil C
05-03-2013, 08:40 PM
I will probably still tune it to watch, but feel that it is now more accurately described (by others) as "The Tour De Farce". Hope they are able to finally get the sport cleaned up, but fear it's like computer viruses ... always another way the hackers (cheaters) to get around the security (rules).

You may be right. Unfortunately I won't be surprised if in the future they find out the current winners have been cheating.

Phil C
05-03-2013, 08:45 PM
.....and I thought this thread was about a pregnancy!......

Not quite Cam but I am expected to a new Grandfather on about September 24. It is expected to be a granddaughter. At my age if she goes into sports I may not be around to cheer for her but I know if some of you young ones can you will do it for me. Prayers requested that everything comes out ok. (no pun intended)

Cam
05-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Not quite Cam but I am expected to a new Grandfather on about September 24. It is expected to be a granddaughter. At my age if she goes into sports I may not be around to cheer for her but I know if some of you young ones can you will do it for me. Prayers requested that everything comes out ok. (no pun intended)

well here's an early congrats for ya grandpa!....oh, and not to worry, you'll be around one way or the other!....

zebrablue2
05-04-2013, 08:16 AM
I always like to see TDF come along, because football is getting real close to starting...

Phil C
05-04-2013, 09:33 AM
I always like to see TDF come along, because football is getting real close to starting...

I know what you mean. The TDF helps us get through that long month of July.

Cam
05-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Phil C......I've always been afraid to ask...but I just can't take it anymore.....Why do they call you "The Sinton Godfather"?....:smoker:

Phil C
05-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Phil C......I've always been afraid to ask...but I just can't take it anymore.....Why do they call you "The Sinton Godfather"?....:smoker:

It basically started about 2001 here when the local teens then called me that as they got to know me by my support of all the hs teams but it was mainly the volleyball fans and it just stuck.

Below is an older thread that might make it clearer.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?27584-About-the-GodFather-with-very-minor-editing&highlight=Sinton+Godfather