PDA

View Full Version : Strong Active Booster Club

Mojo84
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Who has a strong, measured by number of members and money raised annually, active booster club in 3A? Is it a football specific booster club or athletic booster club for all sports?

nt7on7
05-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Who has a strong, measured by number of members and money raised annually, active booster club in 3A? Is it a football specific booster club or athletic booster club for all sports?

Celina's is good. The QB Club and the Bobcat Moms together raise quite a bit. I would say that the QB Club raises $40-$60Kannually. The QB Club only meets during football season as a general meeting, however, it is benefits all boys' and girls' sports. Attendance runs between 75-100 for the QB Club during football season, and the meetings are at 5:30am on Thursday mornings.

I don't know about the Bobcat Moms because I'm a man -- I'm 40.

Mojo84
05-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback, nt7on7.

firstdown
05-02-2013, 04:09 PM

How's it going Mr. Gundy

SHSBulldog00
05-02-2013, 04:16 PM

How's it going Mr. Gundy

http://youtu.be/RjF93E4LjlA

This is what he is remembered for but the whole clip is very true.

LH Panther Mom
05-03-2013, 05:21 AM
If by "active" you mean the number of members, we usually have 75-100. If you mean the number of members that actually SHOW UP at meetings, our attendance is typically just the officers/committee heads, and not always all of them.

We have an all sports booster club, meet year-round, and typically raise $25k (bad economy) to $40k.

buckeyebob
05-03-2013, 08:47 AM
The Buckeyes have a very active bunch:
Booster Club...football is what keeps it running. Lunceon during season on Wed...get to hear Jeff talk about last week & how we will do it this week...he generally has no clue...every team we play is bigger, better, more tallented...it is a miracle we ever win one...I am not sure why I continue to go. I have no idea what we raise...some way, some how, with a lot of luck & perspiration, we manage to come up with the funds to handle the needs...with District 16-3A Chapionships in football, baseball, & track this year, we may get a few more to join.

hookandladder
05-03-2013, 08:53 AM
La Grange Booster Club supports all sports, Golf tourney once a year and raise about 15K to 20K. Other functions raise money also.