PDA

View Full Version : The REAL darkhorse of D1

surfspike
11-12-2001, 12:51 AM
I've heard some people say that Alvarado will be the dark horse of D1, however I think that isn't true. I believe Alvarado will hold their own and that everyone knows to look out for them. Two words.... tough team. In my eyes, I see a team that not many people think about very often, but has tremendous size and speed. That team is none other than Lindale of 14-3A. After seeing them hold Forney the first half of that game, I am a believer that Lindale has a better chance at knocking off Forney OR Everman. Don't be surprised if you see Lindale in the state semi's if not the final. I'm sure they want another crack at the jackrabbits.

[This message has been edited by surfspike (edited November 12, 2001).]

Old Cardinal
11-12-2001, 08:40 AM
What was the halftime and 3rd Quarter score Lindale vs Forney? All I hear is Everman will walk away with the Region I&II playoff.

vfunk
11-12-2001, 11:19 AM
i agree...lindale is probably better than most think...dont be fooled...they are a good team. and about everman walking through region 1 and 2...i wouldnt count on that...this is easily the toughest road in the playoffs as the 1, 2, and 3 teams are all in this bracket. I am confident that Everman has one of the best teams in the state, but to say they will walk over the Division 1 teams is absurd...they are good but they arent '83 Daingerfield...

Matthew328
11-12-2001, 11:43 AM
I wish Everman would walk through Region 2...but I doubt it! Lindale is very good like VFunk said...don't let that 40-7 score fool you...Lindale gave Forney all they wanted for the first half..they just collapsed in the second half..they could be a factor in Region 2

AAAfan
11-12-2001, 12:07 PM
I agree that Alvarado is definitely a team to watch this year in the playoffs. Alvarado will beat Aledo, but I think Alvarado's passing game or lack there of will lead to an exit in round 2 or 3. Alvarado has two very powerful backs who will definitely wear a defense down. Who ever shuts the run down against Alvarado, beats Alvarado.

eye of the tiger
11-12-2001, 12:15 PM
I think Alvarado had 64 yrds last week which is not bad for a running team, but with the brothers Bridgewater they may not need to pass. Good luck to the Indians this week.

old dragon
11-12-2001, 01:16 PM
I saw Lindale very early on and they are good,but there running game was held in check.It is amazing what good hitting does to some good runners.