PDA

View Full Version : Rockets

Bullaholic
05-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Rockets being a little pesky with OKC---Do they have a chance to turn it around?

cougartino
05-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Rockets being a little pesky with OKC---Do they have a chance to turn it around?

Uh, no. That would require the Rockets to play 2 perfect games and OKC to play 2 lousy games. Ain't gonna happen. The Rockets blew this in game 3.

Phil C
05-02-2013, 11:08 AM
It's slim but they have a chance. Remember games 2-5 were all close games that could have gone either way. It went the Thunder's way in Games 2 & 3 and the Rockets way the other two. You never can tell.

waterboy
05-02-2013, 11:15 AM
I agree with cougartino that it won't happen, and they blew almost any chance at winning the series by losing game 3. If the Rockets somehow manage to force a game 7, the odds shift a little but not a lot. How many times in the history of the NBA has a team come back and won a series after being down 3 games to none?

Rocket Man
05-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Oh, those Rockets....nevermind.

Farmersfan
05-03-2013, 08:40 AM
What is it about those Rockets? Is it the organization? the coach? If given the opportunity I can't imagine anyone with any knowledge would swap rosters with the Rockets yet they made the playoffs and are at least making a showing. I would say the Mavs have a lot more talent than the Rockets yet they weren't able to perform as well. Maybe that says a lot about the leadership for the Rockets.... Comments?

Saggy Aggie
05-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Rockets are 0-3 with Jeremy Lin. 2-0 without him... I'm just sayin

Saggy Aggie
05-03-2013, 10:38 AM
What is it about those Rockets? Is it the organization? the coach? If given the opportunity I can't imagine anyone with any knowledge would swap rosters with the Rockets yet they made the playoffs and are at least making a showing. I would say the Mavs have a lot more talent than the Rockets yet they weren't able to perform as well. Maybe that says a lot about the leadership for the Rockets.... Comments?

Rockets have the youngest team in the NBA, a double double machine in Asik, a star in Harden and a future all star in Chandler Parsons... But not much else.

Phil C
05-03-2013, 10:12 PM
It is halftime and 58 to 54 in favor of Oklahoma. The refs seem to be letting Durrant get away with some fouling. I used to really admire him but lately I am wondering. Unfortunately Hardin is playing ill and may be tired in the third quarter. In an earlier game the commentators said that out of 105 playoff series only 3 teams have come from a 0-3 deficit to force a game 7 and in that instance all 3 of those teams lost game 7 so Houston has a chance to make history even though I feel it is slim. Oklahoma made a mistake not keeping Hardin and with Westbrook out only team from the west that might give Miami trouble is the Spurs but I would favor Miami.

Roughneck93
06-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Rockets pulling out all stops to sign Dwight Howard.

Thomas Robinson traded to Portland.

Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino released.

According to league sources, Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin are now on the trading block.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22588779/sources-confident-rockets-make-asik-lin-available-in-trades

icu812
07-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Rockets pulling out all stops to sign Dwight Howard.

Thomas Robinson traded to Portland.

Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino released.

According to league sources, Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin are now on the trading block.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22588779/sources-confident-rockets-make-asik-lin-available-in-trades

I think its a mistake to give up a lot just for the chance to over pay for an injury prone center who may change his mind about wanting to play for Houston next year.

maestro
07-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I agree

It's tough cheering for a " rutterless " team.

Last years Rockets,the ones my satellite dish would not let me watch, did comfort me that thy had a plan. I bought in.

To throw away young prospects to go for Howard......???????

Team chemistry was forming....Howard could not even buy in with the Los Angeles area...jeez....

maestro
07-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Aaron Brooks is sure getting a lesson on the " business " of NBA basketball.

For a guy who has talent and can play...he sure gets moved a lot.